• The pitcher does not have time to react/play the ball

Being only 60.6' away from the batter, the pitcher has little to no time to react to a ball with an exit speed of 100 mph. If this hits the player in the head, they can have serious, permanent injuries. As a softball pitcher I wear a face mask, and some may think they are ugly and not intimidating; those reasons, however, do not outweigh the cost of suffering a serious head injury. Moreover, wearing one myself, face masks do not create any issues when pitching.

• Pitchers need helmets

Pitchers need helmets because with all the pitchers getting hit in the head and getting injured I don't know why they shouldn't. It may look weird but when you think about pitchers getting nearly killed it doesn't really matter. When a pitcher gets hit in the head that could end their career. Say you have a favorite player who starts in the ASG (ALL STAR GAME) every few years and is one of the best in the world. Then one game everything is going great then a ball is hit back to them and it hits them in the head, all of a sudden their great career is over and the team they play for suddenly loses a 10 game win streak because they don't have good pitching anymore. Not only is that bad for the team and the player, but also the fans and the players . All of a sudden everyone who liked that players year is ruined and that pitcher may get amnesia and a concussion and it is not good for anybody.

• Yes They should

I think they should wear helmets when they should wear helmets because the cost millions and they are balling since they were you so sos sos so sos os so solo os sos Oso Osoyoos so sos so s so os oso os s Oso solo s so soso so so s os os s o

• Garrett hurt line

Jggggggggggggv v v v v v v v v v v v vv v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v vv v v v VVV v vs v v v v v v v v v v v

• Yes they should.

Safety is critical to any game. Sure, taking a line drive to the head is a very rare occurrence, but so is taking a pitch to the head and breaking a leg in a hard slide at home. In the latter cases, MLB has given the batter a helmet and made hard slides illegal. A special, unobtrusive hat needs to be designed for pitchers.

• Safety should be #1

With the injures that have happened in the past, it only makes sense for us to consider having pitchers wear helmets. They are the only players that are not prepared to defend themselves from the ball right after it is hit b/c they have just thrown the ball out. Also, they are in such close proximity to the ball after it is hit which makes it even more dangerous. Personally if it was my son out there pitching, I would feel much better knowing that he is out there with a helmet on.

• Yes, safety is the key.

In my opinion, yes, MLB pitchers should where helmets because it seems more realistic If they wear helmets, it could protect there head, or possibly prevent their face from being hit by a line drive. It can reduce the amount of injuries in that area, and it can make pitchers feel safer.

• Yes, they should.

It would probably be much safer for the pitcher if they were wearing a helmet. I do not see people making this change though, they may not be able to see how it would benefit them, or getting helmets for them might cost them some money. It would be something for them to consider though.

• The fact I can

The only thing that would make it a lot of fun to use it for me and I love you my friend and to be a in my life room is not to be in a row and it was will be a able and a half few weeks ago and I now understand why that I don't can be a found that I out of my friends life is to be in a row in and out of bed and watch a movies are on point right there is nothing but to get to a YouTube

• No MLB pitchers should not wear helmets

No, I do not feel that it is necessary for MLB pitchers to be wearing helmets. I think that helmets are unnecessary in baseball today, and that they would cause a disruption for pitchers if worn. Freak accidents happen with pitchers getting hit in the head by a baseball, but no to the point that they should wear a helmet.

• No, the pitchers should not wear helmets.

This whole helmet issue in sports is just plain ridiculous. There is no reason for a pitcher to wear a helmet. For one baseball is not a contact sport and the simple fact that a helmet is going to be more distracting to the pitcher than helpful is also an issue.