• MMA should be banned

The main argument of supporters of mma is that if you ban their sport then u should ban horse riding,motor sport,karate etc as those pursuits can lead to injury as well.In a nutshell the point is:although those sports Can lead to injury,their objective is not About injury.Unlike mma.Despite what those in favour of mma say it Is about injury..Listen to the violent language used by competitors in lead up to matches..Think of the injuries sustained..Of the moves that are permitted including ground and pound.The fans that attend want to see blood.It's primal,which is a normal part of human pysche,however a human blood sport cannot be.In years to come society will look back and wonder how this was allowed in 21st century.It has none of the merits of sport..No respect and its all about money.It needs to be banned and will be in time

• MMA does debilitating, irreversible damage to people; it should be banned.

Violence on this level should not be legal because people cannot truly understand the long-term risks involved.

We ban dog fighting because we consider it cruel, so why allow people to engage in such vicious, barbaric, and potentially fatal "competitions"? I've heard the argument that people can consent, unlike dogs. But it's really not that simple; the culture of violence is promoted by corporate sponsors who normalize the violence and underplay the brain damage fighters experience. MMA fans are told that the fighters understand the risks and that the damage most fighters sustain is not permanent. The notion that these "athletes" can actually consent to these very high risks is both fed by and feeds the sponsorship of the sport. An aura of acceptability is thus formed.

Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? I thought it was just a silly movie but it looks like it might be a documentary leaked by a time-traveler from the future...

• Anger can be released in a different environment

While I respect the argument that professional fighting is a way both to stay fit and channel negative energy, I do not believe that MMA should be the outlet. There are a wide range of professional fight sports (wrestling, boxing, etc) which, though violent, do not feature brutality to the extent that it exists in MMA matches. The entire crowd is different--people want to see the fighters get as hurt as possible, and that encourages them to be more brutal. In sports such as wrestling, the competition is treated with more respect. MMA simply takes the raw energy too far, and it should be banned in order to introduce more people to sports such as boxing and wrestling.

• Stanky leg boiiii

Stankjy s skajf kldsajf lkasdjf klasdjf kljasdlkfj klj ufc is a bunch of bull poo yo what the heck is wroing with this world today in society ya knhow a faee fjasdfk jdaslf a jlkadsfj kajfsdlkjsdaf klasjdf lkasjdf ks s s s s s s s s s s s

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h hh h h h hh h h h hh h h h hhhh h h h

• Yes yes yes

• MMA IS Degenerate Thug Fighting - NOT Martial Arts at all!

This disgusting sport exists because of the UFC mafia propaganda. It's a 100% fascist movement and every post I put on this website thus far, has been removed - why? Because the thug moderators enjoy the filthy bloodsport. For 10 years I post - even on new York times and never profane, they all remove it. Because it is Fascist and people who tell the truth shed light on whats real and NOT real.. This Martial Sport called MMA is immoral and deceptively used the words Martial arts which confuses the public. It's Martial Sport.

• It is glorified violence

It is glorified violence. Just because something is popular, exciting and makes money doesn't change that. Just because it takes lots of training and skill and gets you fit doesn't change that. Just because I sometimes watch it doesn't change that. Just because people choose freely to do it doesn't change that. I actually believe that violence serves a purpose on rare occasions but in this case, I can't see how the positives would outweigh the negatives. And the argument that likens it to football obviously doesn't hold up.

• Totally yes, should be banned

I watch wwe and we all know its staged but they get hurt, these clowns get locked into a cage and act like animals pure and simple and act to hurt pure and simple.
    Hate to think my children will someday want to try this rubbish. My answer to them will be NO

• MMA shouldnt be banned

This sport truly is an art. The term MMA means Mixed Martial Arts. Martial Arts have been a part of human history ever since ancient times. One of the oldest Olympic sports, Pankration, is pretty much MMA. Martial Arts are a great way for us to explore our body and what it can do, teach discipline, respect, and focus on a goal. Although people are able to be hurt, there are injuries in every sport. Statistically there are more deaths and brain injuries linked to football than there is MMA. If proper techniques are taught, these injuries can be avoided. Dont let fear ban a sport, for this sport is truly an art

• MMA Shouldn't Be Banned

MMA should not be banned because it is the fighters choice. For instance, I am in martial arts and I go to tournaments to spar. It is my choice that I want to fight. No one is telling me to, its my choice. Although MMA is dangerous many people think it is a challenging fun sport, to test strategy, reflexes, skill, power, and more. I hope you see why MMA should not be banned.

• MMA Shouldn't Be Banned

• We must keep this sport:

Many people enjoy this sport, I unfortunately, don't watch it, but these athletes are actually putting there lives on the line by their own will they chose to do this for the enjoyment of viewers at home. So everyone better stop voting for it being banned. I have to fill this last part with 4 words :)

• No it should not be banned

Mma is cool to watch and play me and my cousens play mma but we are just kids i think mma is awsome and cool and fun to do but rough i still think its fun none can make me disagree so i agree mma should not be banned yay

• Barbaric, Yes. Banning, NO.

It's a part of human expression and keeps people honest. People keep thinking we have escape the age of barbarism but forget how it is we've limited it. The biology and strategy to dominate and crush is certainly alive within man. We need to remember that when making decisions about society.

Second. We can't let the government become a morale mommy and daddy to every single aspect of humanity. Controlling expressions to a create a more "desirable" humanity is fraught with danger and frankly not worth it.

Thirdly, It exists as a sport. It is only alive as long as people pay for tickets or streaming services for it. There's plenty of human choice involved for the continuation of this sport and I think that's where the power SHOULD be.

• There is many reason for MMA to be banned, but way to many reasons why it shouldn't be banned

MMA, or Mixed Martial Arts, is a sport that people enjoy watching. Sure, people get beaten up, there is blood shed, but you people who said yes, need to know our thoughts, same for us who say no. But here is our problem, we like the sport. I mean, come on, half the people who said yes probably have never watched MMA. We actually have seen it. Get some facts before deciding.

• Man to all the people that said yes to it should be banned y'all dumb as fuck

Why would y'all say it should be banned the people in that hexagon know what could happen they know the risk its them that got sponsored and agreed to all terms that UFC is not responsible for anything that happens i mean they signed up to beat and get beat the shit out of that's their choice they didn't put a pen to their hand and make them sign that contract and its sad to see that a MMA fighter died but guess what it was a unknown death they don't know what happened and yes they get locked in a cage but guess what there is a referee in the ring to stop and help when they need it

• MMA should not be banned

MMA is a violent sport but there are other sports that are more violent than MMA and they cause more deaths. MMA is highly monitored by professionals so no one suffer severe injuries. Punching or kicking someone in the head isnt the only move in MMA there is also a submission. MMA has alot of fans and is a great blood sport

• If MMA should be banned then Football should be banned first

I made a very small search on google. I searched for about 2 minutes or so.. This search showed me that more people died in football ( during a match) than in mma. So Yeah MMA shouldn;t be banned. It's a sport.

Wikipedia link to football deaths during a match https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Wikipedia link to mma deaths https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalities_in_mixed_martial_arts_contests