• MMA should be banned

The main argument of supporters of mma is that if you ban their sport then u should ban horse riding,motor sport,karate etc as those pursuits can lead to injury as well.In a nutshell the point is:although those sports Can lead to injury,their objective is not About injury.Unlike mma.Despite what those in favour of mma say it Is about injury..Listen to the violent language used by competitors in lead up to matches..Think of the injuries sustained..Of the moves that are permitted including ground and pound.The fans that attend want to see blood.It's primal,which is a normal part of human pysche,however a human blood sport cannot be.In years to come society will look back and wonder how this was allowed in 21st century.It has none of the merits of sport..No respect and its all about money.It needs to be banned and will be in time

• MMA does debilitating, irreversible damage to people; it should be banned.

Violence on this level should not be legal because people cannot truly understand the long-term risks involved.

We ban dog fighting because we consider it cruel, so why allow people to engage in such vicious, barbaric, and potentially fatal "competitions"? I've heard the argument that people can consent, unlike dogs. But it's really not that simple; the culture of violence is promoted by corporate sponsors who normalize the violence and underplay the brain damage fighters experience. MMA fans are told that the fighters understand the risks and that the damage most fighters sustain is not permanent. The notion that these "athletes" can actually consent to these very high risks is both fed by and feeds the sponsorship of the sport. An aura of acceptability is thus formed.

Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? I thought it was just a silly movie but it looks like it might be a documentary leaked by a time-traveler from the future...

• Anger can be released in a different environment

While I respect the argument that professional fighting is a way both to stay fit and channel negative energy, I do not believe that MMA should be the outlet. There are a wide range of professional fight sports (wrestling, boxing, etc) which, though violent, do not feature brutality to the extent that it exists in MMA matches. The entire crowd is different--people want to see the fighters get as hurt as possible, and that encourages them to be more brutal. In sports such as wrestling, the competition is treated with more respect. MMA simply takes the raw energy too far, and it should be banned in order to introduce more people to sports such as boxing and wrestling.

• Stanky leg boiiii

Stankjy s skajf kldsajf lkasdjf klasdjf kljasdlkfj klj ufc is a bunch of bull poo yo what the heck is wroing with this world today in society ya knhow a faee fjasdfk jdaslf a jlkadsfj kajfsdlkjsdaf klasjdf lkasjdf ks s s s s s s s s s s s

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h hh h h h hh h h h hh h h h hhhh h h h

• Yes yes yes

• MMA IS Degenerate Thug Fighting - NOT Martial Arts at all!

This disgusting sport exists because of the UFC mafia propaganda. It's a 100% fascist movement and every post I put on this website thus far, has been removed - why? Because the thug moderators enjoy the filthy bloodsport. For 10 years I post - even on new York times and never profane, they all remove it. Because it is Fascist and people who tell the truth shed light on whats real and NOT real.. This Martial Sport called MMA is immoral and deceptively used the words Martial arts which confuses the public. It's Martial Sport.

• It is glorified violence

It is glorified violence. Just because something is popular, exciting and makes money doesn't change that. Just because it takes lots of training and skill and gets you fit doesn't change that. Just because I sometimes watch it doesn't change that. Just because people choose freely to do it doesn't change that. I actually believe that violence serves a purpose on rare occasions but in this case, I can't see how the positives would outweigh the negatives. And the argument that likens it to football obviously doesn't hold up.

• Totally yes, should be banned

I watch wwe and we all know its staged but they get hurt, these clowns get locked into a cage and act like animals pure and simple and act to hurt pure and simple.
    Hate to think my children will someday want to try this rubbish. My answer to them will be NO

• Man to all the people that said yes to it should be banned y'all dumb as fuck

Why would y'all say it should be banned the people in that hexagon know what could happen they know the risk its them that got sponsored and agreed to all terms that UFC is not responsible for anything that happens i mean they signed up to beat and get beat the shit out of that's their choice they didn't put a pen to their hand and make them sign that contract and its sad to see that a MMA fighter died but guess what it was a unknown death they don't know what happened and yes they get locked in a cage but guess what there is a referee in the ring to stop and help when they need it

• MMA should not be banned

MMA is a violent sport but there are other sports that are more violent than MMA and they cause more deaths. MMA is highly monitored by professionals so no one suffer severe injuries. Punching or kicking someone in the head isnt the only move in MMA there is also a submission. MMA has alot of fans and is a great blood sport

• If MMA should be banned then Football should be banned first

I made a very small search on google. I searched for about 2 minutes or so.. This search showed me that more people died in football ( during a match) than in mma. So Yeah MMA shouldn;t be banned. It's a sport.

Wikipedia link to football deaths during a match https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Wikipedia link to mma deaths https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalities_in_mixed_martial_arts_contests

• Nay, nay, nay

If MMA should be banned, then martial arts, boxing, football, hunting, and the killing of animals for meat should also be banned. In fact, why not simply ban all competitive sports, all forms of exercise, and every form of self-expression?

Once we ban these vile acts, underground communities will spring up across the country -- ones that are unregulated, unsupervised, and much more dangerous.

MMA is not something that we should ban; it is something that we should monitor and control so as to ensure the safety of its participants to the best of our ability.

• Nay, nay, nay

• MMA should not be banned

People have the right to choose things: what they wear, what they eat, what kind of sport they do. If certain athletes and martial arts want to participate in MMA, that is their choice and they are allowed to make that choice. Those who don't agree with it certainly don't have to participate or watch (I never have and I'm rarely exposed to MMA). It may be a glorification of fighting, and that has its downsides, but it also gets lots of people interested in the martial arts and self-defense, and there are plenty of benefits to that. Nobody is forced to participate in or watch MMA, but nobody should be forced not to participate in or watch MMA, either.

• It is a free world

To watch MMA, one has to actively seek it out. It is not on public television, nor does it come up on youtube without some sort of related search. I am not going to get into the fighters themselves, as this is what they chose to do for a living, and that is their decision only. If you are worried about it harming your children, don't let them use the computer unsupervised, rather than cutting it off at the source.

• I like Boobies

Boobies boobies a a a aa a aa a a aa a aa aa a a aa aa a aa a a aa aa a a a aa a aa a aa a aa a aa a a aa a aa a aa a aa a a a aa a

• Axsaxasxcascsacasceewfr wejfbiwjbcwoejceq oiefnewinfie

Efwekfmepwknf epifnekwpfnpwkqe ewkfneiwnfqw weifnwqnf eiwfjde ie o k k k k k k k k k k k k k wpdqdqwp wpdqdw wpkmkmpdqkd wmwqpd pqwdkqmdwp pqwdkmqdqowd pqwkdmqwpkdmwq pqwkdmqwpkdqwpdwq pwqkdmqwpodmpqwodlw pqwdmqpwdkqkfqekdmqek pwqdmqpdmqp k c m ck xk kd k d dk k kkk k k ck j j j lll ll o oo p