Should more effort be put towards repealing the Patriot Act?

• Yes, I think more effort should be put towards repealing the Patriot Act.

I think the majority of Americans have just simply accepted the Patriot Act at this point but I believe there should be a major push to strip the Patriot Act of some of it's more over reaching powers, I think the Patriot Act was pushed through on emotion after the September 11th attacks and never really was examined enough.

• Yes, more efect should be

I think its becoming an outdated fact of the matter. It was yesterday and these kinds of action push us towards a police state. I know that the people don't want this, I know I don't. You can't have these actions still in place, they have their time,but they become outdated. Its time to start pushing it out.

• Yes, this is a need.

This Act is almost out of service. By this point, we need to edit and arrange it to improve it and make sure that it is useful to this world we live in. This Patriot Act was extremely important and still it, but it still needs to be repealed yet.

• More effort should be put towards repealing the Patriot Act.

More effort should be put towards repealing the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act is viewed by many as being a threat to the civil liberties of United States Citizens. Although the Patriot Act is largely in place to prevent terrorism, it does theoretically allow the government to arrest or detain anyone without respect to their civil liberties.

• It's gone too far.

Yes, more effort should be put towards repealing the Patriot Act, because too much harm has been done to the trust that the American people have with their government. If the act were repealed, people would not be worried about any little phone call they make. We would not be afraid to have our opinions like we are now.