Should MSNBC's Chris Matthews Suspend his Show Over His Wife's Election Bid?

• Yes, it is unfair advantage.

It seems to me that one of the most important things in a political campaign is advertising and getting the message out there. If Chris Mathhews' wife gets extra advertising just because he happens to be sitting in a chair that is in front a camera to millions of viewers and mentions her, that is wrong and needs to be addressed.

• They are separate entities

Chris Matthews has his own career and so does his wife, which should be considered mutually exclusive. His show will not affect her being elected, in fact it could wind up being her Achilles heel. She truly has to depend on her own contacts because I don't see him using the show to help her. Her rivals would pounce if that happened.

• No, I do not think MSNBC's Chris Matthews should suspend his show over his wife's election bid.

No, I do not think MSNBC's Chris Matthews should suspend his show over his wife's election bid because Matthews hasn't done anything shocking to give his wife an unfair advantage. Although Chris Matthews does have a platform to support his wife's election bid, I believe that Matthews understands that doing that would be wrong and be unfair.

• Chris Matthews should keep working

Chris Matthews should not suspend his show, despite his wife's election bid. There are other ways to deal with the issue, including not covering her campaign. Moreover, she is running in a local Congressional race, one that will be easy for him to avoid discussing. There have been other newscasters that have dealt with this issue and still kept working.