• Yes is sould be

L think music with bad language should be banned because if a parent was to hear you you would probably get in big trouble . Plus if you are singing along to a bad song and there is a little kid aroud chances are that the are going to learn the lyric and sing the song during school .

• I am LDS I don't enjoy hearing those filthy words.

The words in music makes me have a bad feeling that also makes me not want to listen to that music anymore. If more music has cuss words the less i can listen to music. My dad says that bad language is a sign of unintelligence in my home nobody says cuss words.

• I hate bad language

People are hugely affected by the music they listen to. The words in songs do NOT need to be there! Kids are affected by the music they listen to as well-- do you really want your kids listening to that stuff? It's really hard to listen to that kind of music and not cussing.

• Music the international language of Love and Peace. Now it’s the international language of profanity with videos of obscenity.

How do you stop 3 and 4 year olds from listening to the radio? How do you stop them from repeating the profanities? How do you stop their parents from beating them for swearing or even beating them to death? Not impossible to happen if it has not happened already. These musicians say “Thank God for my career” but on Judgement day they will have to answers to God for the Rape of our ears and eyes, yes rape, check the dictionary, To take by force or force upon someone. There is so much violence, robberies, murder and rape because one has respect for anyone else and those who say profanity is ok are proof that they have no respect.
    Mo Durban.

• No bad language

Yes because you can get into a lot of trouble of a parent or guardian hears you singing the bad words. Also if you sing the song constantly around a little kid they can start singing it as well. This also goes to raps because they can persuade children to say these bad things.

• Lets make songs about good lyrics not swearing

I think all the songs around at the moment with bad language is appalling. Is it some kind or childish rebellion by the artists who think its cool to swear in their songs. It takes away from the songs and any meaning they are TRYING to get across and you just notice the bad language instead of a good lyric or verse

• Makes our society even worse! It's a bad influence!

I hate songs with bad words or explicit in lyrics and genre, so I avoid listening to them and listen to other songs without bad words. I hate the songs in The Veronicas 2014 album because there's a lot of bad words on most of their songs, and I hate it that majority of the pop and hip hop artists have explicit lyrics! Stop it! People with keep on cussing and other future artists might also make explicit songs on their future album or singles... :(

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ye sye sy esy esy eys ye sy eys yez ye s yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

• Too difficult for little kids to avoid

If an artist feels the need to express themselves by including bad language - please make it the option that an adult can seek out rather than a parent have to try and avoid - it's really such a nightmare - if your kid loves music which mine does he's 8 and likes the Now complications which are all clean - then he'll want to find the video which I have to vet first only for me to have to say 'no' time and again - not to mention the time it takes up - so sick of being the bad cop in all this - the latest example is the weeknd- the hills - really mate is there any need? It has to be radio edited to get airplay anyway - maybe ' Now ' can start helping by avoiding including stuff like this - why is everything so weighed against the kids? Adults are more than capable of finding whatever they want to listen to - all the ones that think it's OK should maybe read 'the hills' lyrics and see if theyd be OK with their 8 year old listening to it. This stuff is not welcome in our house. Give us all a break.

• The First Amendment'

A bunch of arguments supporting music with bad language keep saying that 'the First Amendment allows us to do it' or 'this is a free country'.

Have you known that there are other countries in the world other than the U.S.? And not just that, that the one I am currently living in and many others do NOT allow freedom of speech?

No? Well then.

I recently made a feature article on this from school on how music has evolved into this massive buffet of bad language, and when I researched it, it surprised me more than I expected. Most of the famous artists of today (save a few) have cuss words in at least one song, especially with the popularity of rap today.

What does this mean for the children of today?
    Well, it means many things.
    The media has fed them this crap load of music with profanity in them that they start singing along to it, and there's nothing we can do to stop it! One of my friend's sisters, who is nine, was singing along to Nicki Minaj's song, Only, WORD FOR WORD. That song has 63 total uses of profanity in it!

As for 'expressing oneself', I agree with that, but I feel like there ways you can explain what your feeling without having to use a cuss word.

I can't wait for the future...

1970's famous songs had barely any profanity in them
    2015 has 10-20 obscenities in MANY, MANY songs.
    2060 will have at least 20 PER SONG if nothing is done about this!

• Swearing should not be in an album for the sole reason of shock value.

But, language is absolutely important, and sometimes a swear word is exactly what's needed. Some songs could use far less swear words, while others use them exactly where they need to be. How else could they ever portray anger, bitterness, surprise, or even hurt, than a single, well placed swear word? Sorry, but if you want to really give any of these feelings an impact, you just can't settle for 'Golly Gee, I'm upset!' unless the song's trying to be sarcastic.

You're definitely not going to like the music this link leads to, but try and take a listen and consider it from a song writing perspective. Basically the entire song is building up to this:

"Cause I'm not f*****g about!"

And after the song reaches that point, it just seems to go back to where it started and it builds up again, once more towards those same lyrics.

"Cause I'm not f*****g about!"

But the second time around, it delivers. The song just outright hits you with everything it's got.

Now, tell me, does the singer sound happy? Does the instrumentation sound upbeat? No, it doesn't. Because this isn't a happy song. The singer seems absolutely fed up. And I don't know about you, but when I'm fed up, I certainly don't feel like just settling for a 'Well, shucks. I'm fed up.' will do my feelings justice. And if we're speaking specifically of song writing and music, a medium that's practically completely based around translating emotion to sound, I would think they really need to sell that emotion. Art should not be censored. A true artist doesn't just swear because it sells or because it sounds cool. They swear because sometimes, that's just what a song needs.

Furthermore, lets talk about this entire 'Think about the children!' argument. If parents happen to sing songs out loud that consist of swearing, then I really fail to see them as the kind of parents who wouldn't swear around their kids anyway. In fact, not too long ago I saw a woman outside with her kids that used some colorful language. There was no music in sight.

Meanwhile me? Well, I'm going to be honest with you: I swear all the time. And while this may, in fact, be anecdotal I can assure you of this: It's not because of music, because I never listened to music back when I was younger. I swear a lot because my parents swore a lot. And when I wasn't around them, I was around kids that were swearing because they thought it made them look cool.

If you don't want your kid to swear, then don't swear around them. If you're worried about music with swearwords, then just wear headphones (Not that you'd listen to them, because you want them banned). But music or no music, I'm afraid your kid's going to befriend people, and if they're half as smart as I was, you will never even suspect them.

• There are a few reasons.

1. Does freedom of speech ring the bell? Don't we have a first amendment?
    2. Artists and musicians are artists and musicians because they like to express themselves. Without that ability to freely express themselves, what's the point? They might as well not do what they do.
    3. You choose to listen to that music. These musicians are supported by the people. If you want to listen to music with profanity, that's your choice. If you don't that's also your choice. If you don't want your kid listening to music with profanity, don't let them. And teach them why.
    4. The government already tried to do this, and they failed, because of these reasons. They proposed the idea of banning rock music, and the world revolted.
    This doesn't mean I'm in favor of musicians using a hundred cuss words in a song, as do rap artists. I certainly think there's a time and place for profanity, and it should be used respectfully. I simply think this is a FREE country, with a first amendment that allows us to say as we want.

• You say what now!

Why would people want to ban swearing? I mean everybody expresses themselves in different ways like the way you dress the people you hang out with and the way you talk. According to the first amendment, we have a freedom of speech and ect. My point is, the way you carry yourself explains how you feel about something and your beliefs so whatever you choose to say, people shouldn't judge you for it!

• Nothing wrong here

People enjoy this music. It helps the american economy when american artists are paid for cd and song downloads through Itunes words are just sound and sound is just vibration of the vocal cords we can help our country and the world through such a big impact nationally & internationally.

• What a ridiculous idea!

Next thing you know, movies with swearing will be banned, then TV, then books, until eventually swearing is itself banned. The idea that swearing should be done away with is such an outdated concept. And to the guy who said yes, do you really believe your kids won't hear the swearing somewhere else anyway? Maybe if you're so concerned about their learning swear words then you should step in and keep them away from the music yourself, rather than impose your outdated conservative mindset on the rest of normal society.

• Fascist nanny state

Government banning free content equals fascist nanny state. If you don't like some music then don't listen to it. We don't need the government to nanny us all, tell us what to say, eat, listen to, etc. Keep the government out of music. Keep the government from banning everything. .

• This guy next to me,

Has never listened to the reverend CHIEF KEEF his beats make me alive.
    Also freedome of speech. The fact that you could deny bad language music is an outrage to the "hoodrat" community with out this demographic we will never be able to see the true beauty of this hoodrat community BECAUSE YOU DENIED IT.

• Shouldn't be banned

Every day, songwriters are trying to make master pieces, consisting of their feelings, thoughts, dreams, and even ideas. But sometimes, they also add in cussing because it completes the song in a way they see it, not the way we see it. If we like cussing, then well, it wont be a problem for us. We would think 'Oh yea. That word does belong there!' Others hate it. They think its just not meant to be. Maybe the artists' trying to get attention or be cool, but others simply say it belongs in the song...Well what do you think???

• No not at all

Music is expressing oneself or feelings and that sometimes involves swears. When you think about it swears are not all that bad they are just words. I love rap and basically a lot of songs have swears and it's just because those are the ways of expressing something in a more powerful way.

• Its nothing bad to it in less they say the n word because its races to black people and I am not races

So I think they shouldn't band music with bad language its good to listen to when your bored all the time and you have nothing to do but play with your thumbs so they shouldn't band the music that would just make us even border so I have a good reason