Should music with curse words be allowed at school dances?

• I'll say yes to that

Are you going to let work that will do nothing to you hart you if i said hit and you hear it, did i hit you no i just said hit so and no it NOT A BAD INFLUENCE who do i know ? I've been listen to a lot of bad music with curse word and I'm doing good in school i make A and B and i have a good job and have my own car and it help me with my depression music help me. It what you do with the music that make it bad music it self is just poem from someone els life that you can relate to. My school allowed it and we are all hard working students and staff we are a team. So yes i know music with curs words should be allowed at school dances where every one is having FUN!

• Who honestly cares?

Everyone is already listening to songs with curse words. If you are so sheltered that you can't hear a cuss word in a school dance with out being weirded out,how are you gonna survive? Everyone cusses! Everyone. So I say let them actually enjoy the music that they came there to hear. When you dance,you dance to music you want to hear,not what others want you to hear. It is not adults decision to chose what children listen to,yes cuss words would not be ideal for 1-9 year olds,but after that,let them make their own decisions!

• D D d

Duhd de dd sd ss ss s s s. D d d dd s. F f d d f f d d. D d d d d d d d d d d d. D d d d d d. D d d d d d. D d dd dd dd

• D D d

• Yes, music with curse words should be allowed in school dances.

Music with curse words should be only in middle school because we can handle it more than the ones in elementary. Besides, the kids know some of the songs inside and out. So they know when the words are going to happen. The kids also know not to say it.

• No cursing word for kids

Kids don't need to learn that kind stuff in JK to grade 12. My kids I don't want other kids teaching them about those cursing words It will become there daily words and they will use them on and on and on and on and they will just keep saying it then they will teach others

• Why the heck not?

Music has developed a lot over the years. These days, kids, especially older kids (12+) tend to listen to music with more of an “extended” vocabulary. They should play uncensored music because kids these days already listen to it and odds are if they listen to it then they most likely say the words. “Clean” versions of the song isn’t as clear as the regular version because of the random blanks that are cut out from where the artist swore. Teachers or whoever is in charge of the school dances tend to steer clear from the regular versions of the songs that swear. But think about it, songs with curse words wouldn’t be that bad to older kids. Saying that, depending on the students attending (Grade/Age) the music with curse words wouldn’t really matter. Understand that many songs have extreme cursing and THAT shouldn’t be allowed considering that on some songs are labelled “explicit”.
    More of that selected audience would attend if they had a better song selection and not random blank music. Not saying that you should play this music at a Grade 3 party, no, think about the audience you are playing the music for. Think of what THEY like to hear. Some may say different but truly kids these days know it all already. Knowing the human race today as the kids grow up they tend to lean towards these curses. In high school especially, teenagers will say it a lot. Also, who says they don’t listen to songs that curse already? At home, in the car, with friends, they all would have heard at least one curse word in their lives anyways. This language won’t kill them if they listen to it.
    I believe that the music choices at school dances should be free to play any musical selection they choose fit. I don't believe curse words detract from a musical piece. I feel that schools shouldn't be promoting the idea of censorship for the arts. I believe even have censored versions of the songs is also a bit too much. Students tend not to go to the dances because of the music played. They call it “boring” because of the censorship in the songs.
    It doesn’t really matter about the music because going to the school dance is just going to have fun with your friends, not just stand there and listen to the music figuring out every single lyric. You are out there dancing having the time of your life with your friends. Keeping us away from this music doesn’t make sense to me. We can’t avoid this it’s just the life we are living.

• People Hear It Anyways!

• Must read this

A B C E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z the D is out for harambe hahah is u share give me some credit lol must read this doe and share to the homie lol

• Must read this

• Yea music with curse words should be allowed at school dances

Yes because kid are already hearing cuss word, so kids also listen to songs with curse word. They should just already allow song at school dance because your going to hear them once you keep getting older, so they should just get use to people hearing it already so that why they should allow music with curse words at school dances Its not like its going to kill them if they do hear it.

I think it should be allowed at school dances because its not like they are either not going to hear their parents say them or they are not going to say them when they grow up. And most kids have heard songs with curse words in them anyways so what's the big deal

Music shouldn't be censored

I believe that the music choices at school dances should be free to play any musical selection they choose fit. I don't believe curse words detract from a musical piece. I feel that schools shouldn't be promoting the idea of censorship for the arts. I believe even have censored versions of the songs is also a bit too much.
    Every one agrees

More than half of the school agrees to have curse words in music. Some kids do not go because of the music played,which is very boring. If we did have music with curse words it'll be different but in a good way. The school will make more money and students will like it.What difference would it make

If we listen to it at home and on our lunch hours? It's utterly stupid! In my opinion, we should be able to listen to these songs at school dances as well, how would parents know that its the school that played these songs? They could have heard it on youtube~

It does not matter

It really does not matter you are just having a great time with your friends the music these days are mostly not clean they are with curse words which really does not mater it just makes the song better and so many people listen to it and that my opinion
    Yes it should be allowed

Yes, because we already listen to it anyway. Why keep it away from us it doesn't make sense, Yes their are christens out there I am one but I still curse everyone does once in a while. Cursing helps us learn new words and what is so wrong with the word its a word people come on get over it

Posted by: pio
  • Absolutely Positively NOT!!!

Cuss words are incredibly stupid to say and really mean too. If you play Iggy Azalea or Snoop Dogg at your dance,it really reflects badly on your school. They cause good children to be bad and that is really sad. School is safe. Cuss words are totally terrible. NO CUSS WORDS!!

• Its really bad

I think that bad words should not be allowed in school dances because its a bad influence to others around them. What if some people hasn't heard a bad word in his life and the school show him some bad words. Their parents wont be happy and the school would be embarrassed.

• It is a bad influence

We are all role models to younger children. 90% of children pick up most of their words from their parents, older siblings and older peers. If students pick up these words from school then they will use them more frequently than usual and more around their home and around their community

• We shouldn't allow this.

We shouldn't it is just sporting cursing. Why would we want kids to start cursing which could be used for bullying and depression which could lead to drinking, or worse? So why would we tell little kids that that is good? I understand that most songs are already cursing but if we support listening to the clean versions of songs then maybe we could save some lives.

• Why encourage inappropriate language?

Yes, kids still curse at school, but guess where they're getting the stupid and immature idea that it is ok to use inappropriate language at school? From the dances, that's where. Also out of all the words in the English dictionary, why should we use the words that have bad or inappropriate meanings?

• Condoning Cursing via Music

I will keep this short and sweet:
    If we allow students in school to listen to music with curse words, the school is liable if the student begins to sing these songs and is heard by their parent.
    If you want to change a community, change the music.
    This is valid because there was a time when touching your dance partner was risque and unacceptable, but as the music changed, dances changed, and when people began to experiment with different dances and songs, the community started to change. You can test this just by looking at different demographics. If you go to a classical community and go to a community stained with rap and hip hop, you will see a distinct difference in the behaviors and people.
    With this, I conclude that we cannot condone explicit music at a school function, listen to it on your own time our don't go to the dance.

• Absolutely Positively NOT!!!

• Its a bad influence

Songs with curse words usually have to do with drugs, sex, drinking, or crimes. To some kids this might make these things seem cool because they're in a popular song. Snoop Dog fans might "Smoke Weed Everyday" because he states its swaggy. These reasons are very important because this generation is wack.

• No no no

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO it is not school appropriate. No NO NO No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO IT IS COMPLETELY AGAINST SCHOOL Rules. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO