• Should my parents buy me a computer?

Hey there. I am a student in their third year of high school and need my parents to buy me a computer.

Here are a list of reasons...

1)This year at school is a very important year as I will be starting NCEA which allows me to earn credits to help me pass and move on to the next year. A computer will allow me to write essays and all the online homework that the teachers give me. If I don't have a computer to do homework on I will most likely not be able to do most of the homework.

2)I have a YouTube channel where I unbox and review tech. If I get a computer I will be able to make a few videos off it which will be very helpful.

3) A new computer will allow me to edit my YouTube videos more and make them more professional.

I do many jobs around the house but a computer is so expensive and I am too busy saving up money to buy cheap tech items for my YouTube channel. Please support me in this fight for justice and sign the petition. Thanks.

• Yes They Should

They Should. You can use it for useful things and they will be able to not be bothered by you. They would be happy. They should by yoy a alenwar compooter cause it haz god gamess. Theiy hav cool gamezz lik gta 5 and call of dooty infinete warfair. You shood get it them.

• You need it

You seem pretty cool and you are doing as much as you can and it seems like you do need that computer for the school year. So there are your reasons and i hope they buy it for you. Good luck and i hope you get it like you want

• You definetly need to

I think in modern society its kind of basic material for education. You also need to educate your childs concerning the internet and the security around that to avoid any mistakes in future working life. I hope you get what you want! By the way you can absolutely play great games with a pc.. :-)

• Your only valid reason is point 1

And you immediately invalidate it by points 2 and 3. If you have time and access to a computer for your youtube hobby then you can make time and get access to do your homework instead. You could of course stop with your hobby for a time to save up for a new computer yourself.

As for you doing jobs around the house, so does every non spoiled child and many of the spoiled brats as well. You can consider it as helping the family and providing support in the only way you are currently capable of.

Unless you are involved in heavier labor you don't deserve any compensation for that and even if you where it certainly wouldn't entitle you to an expensive computer when you waste money on little tech items to talk about on your youtube channel.

While I don't want to dig too deep in your family situation, but this whining and demanding is definitely NOT justice. You should have approached your parents to ask for cooperation in getting a new computer, perhaps in doing more jobs for an allowance, or for good grades, partly funded by a holiday gift, or some combination of these and other things.

The only justice, if you are really as spoiled as this vote makes you appear to me, would be you being grounded and having some of the privileges you take for granted temporarily restricted.

• No it's not worth it.

Your currently in highschool so you should focus on your education instead of a small youtube channel since the odds are forever not in your favor to live off a youtube channel. If you want a new computer you can start saving up for it on your own and if you can't afford a computer how can you afford high-end editing software to even make getting one worthwhile?

• Not rly tho

I personally believe that as a member of the Crips and a gang banger, I don't think that VinDiesel's career as an actor is over. I know BBC sort of neglected him but that doesn't mean his career is over. But as a matter of fact, yes - I do speak watermelon. Truth be told, I speak watermelon fluently and can understand everything I was asked. And to answer your question, no. I don't think the square root of raspberry should be legalized. If it was, people all over the world would be sitting outside of vintage stores, sipping on apple juice while begging people for a pair of used socks. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my opinion and understanding my point of view.

• Not rly tho

• Not rly tho

• Buy it yourself

Why don't you just save up for it? Are you really incapable of earning money on your own? I can think of plenty of youtubers who, before they got famous, had to have two or more jobs so they'd have enough money to live off of. You can't spend your whole life begging your parents to by you things you can easily get if you actually worked for it.

• Buy it yourself

• I don't think so

The only reasons you gave for why they should ignoring the school one which you really don't need a computer for that. The other reasons though are for your personal gain that don't really affect things. So I honestly think that you should just buy it with your own money. And if you don't have the money for it then get a job

• No, they shouldn't.

I don't know what kind of computer you're specifically wanting to get, but in your own answer you haven't really given any good reasons for why you want one. I mean, you said you needed on to do homework and work on your YouTube channel. Why don't you buy one with your own money, why use their's? It isn't like they owe you a computer or anything. While it might be very nice of them to buy you one, if you need one for your various projects, don't hassle them with it, buy it yourself with your own money.

• No they shouldn't

The reasons for which you are asking for a computer is not justifying the need of you getting a computer. Apart from point 1, the other 2 points are not making any logical reason. In your argument, it is more evident that your main focus of getting a computer is to access youtube.
    For point 1, you can borrow your parents laptop or computer to complete your school work. This will keep you focused to meaningful work.

Hence in my opinion, you do not deserve to get a computer for your reasoning