Should naturalized U.S. citizens be allowed to run for President?

• Naturalized citizens SHOULD BE ABLE to run

Naturalized Citizens have been prosecuted and excluded (Chinese and Africans). Now the constitution states that only natural born citizens could be president? After all these years, they still can't be president? They're like us, they're as loyal to the US as any natural born, and they are capable and worthy of running for president

• Lots of work and dedication, but still can't run?

To begin with, there is a huge test involved to become a naturalized citizen, and natural-born citizens never have to take that test, but the test is rigorous, because I have known people who have taken that test. Overall, the requirements to become naturalized are pretty rigorous, and when you take the oath, you pledge your loyalty to the US before pledging to any other country. In one of the other posts, stating that naturalized citizens can't become President, it says that naturalized citizens are foreigners. That is so wrong, considering that naturalized citizens have taken a rigorous test, and really love this country to become a citizen in the first place. After all, why do that much work to just to get few rights that citizens have that permanent residents do not?

• Yes, naturalized citizens should be able to run for president

Yes they should because the main reason they cannot is because of the risk of them being loyal to their other country. However, as you may know, you could be a natural-born citizen if you: 1. Are born on U.S. territory, or 2. Have one of your parents be a citizen of the United States when you are born. However they could have been born in the U.S. because their parents were visiting at the time or cause they were a fly-over baby. Then they could go and live in Their parents home country until they're 18 and then come to the U.S. to live here. They could still technically run for president or vice president because they are natural-born citizens, and are loyal to their home country. Therefore there is the same risk of having Natural-Born citizens running for President as there is for Naturalized citizens.

• For the a

Why food. D d d d SS d d d. D SS. SS. D SS s d d d d. SS. D d d d d disgust baby uh u h. I h jejdbdhdhdhdh. F d f d bccbdbdbdhdh. D. Dbshdfhdb. F fbdhbd dhdhdh. Fhdhdhdbdhdhdbhdhdh. Dhdhd fbdhbd be God dhdd

• For the a

• Yes maybe so

Timmy is now a elephant. J's dhs. SS s s s. S SS s as sdsds s s d d sdsds s d d x x XD d. SS. D d d d d d d. D d d d d SS d d d d d d d d

• Fhglkhcjlhyjl debhdffr fggbgfg

Gtykotgyityityityityiiytyyiiiytytiiytytiyitytiytiyiyitytiiytytiiytyityittyiv wef ff f ws w w wgbjkwejhjhj jjhhu hyuy posd d d iuhuhrg dfi hihsiw vgi hisdrf gwieu hide gfweorih jbweg woih b roiusegouwegf qwobgvheoirg fvedif fgeowgerg giwerg egergion ioroigeor ewrjfiorwfgb duihfvohds ui I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I ii I I I I I I ii dijfiogv efwiufhiwuef efwifbweijfb swefibhwfsd swieufhwsf vgswigfdvs dvsdvfgiufvb dvcsfisbdfvc dvfisudhvgisdbv sdgvkibedfgsdb dsvisudhfdsibf sdvsdivfbgsdifgbsd sdfjbgsbfsd dsgfjsfgbsd dnsdfjhbsdhfbsdf dfhfbdef sdfsdjhfbsdjhsdf sdf fsjdfjdfs fdsjdhfdfv fdsjfhdbfbfbsjdfb f sjdbdsbf fsjdhfbds f fsmdfhsdbf fdmsfhbdf sjhdbf sdfjhdbsf sdfnb f nsd f sfbertergergherggergtererergg

• Yes I think so

I think our country is already in so much trouble we could use some new ideas and why is it people are always finding new ways to pick on people that are not white, American, or like them first it was black people then Asians now Muslims. I think that at this point in society we should be more accepting and open to new ideas and people.
    Do you remember that person in pre school, kindergarten, or even first grade that dreamed of being president well why is it that just because they were born in Europe or the Middle East that makes it okay for us to say "are you Kidding that's never going to happen kid" or "good luck with that". How is that fair to dreamer or the parents of that child to have to say maybe in a few centuries. It not fair and that's all I have to say about this topic

• Yes I think so

• Like donald trump

Like donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trumplike donald trump

• Heck no boi.

Anybody could run for president, and be stupid, like Donald Trump, and run our country terribly, like Donald Trump. YSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS SS S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S SS S S S S

• Because i said so

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Because i said so

• Xbzbsbzhhxjxjx d. SS. S ssh

She's s d d. XD d d x. D d z SS. D d s. S d s s s s s s d s s s s s s s s s s s s. S d s s s s s d s. S s s s s

• Foreigners shouldn't be allowed in our country period.

They take all of our hard earned money and they take all of our benefits. It's crap that they can come into our country and take over everything trying to do things their way. We should ban them completely and get our country back like the way it was before.

• Sneak top secret; different administration; unconstitutional

First you all need to be aware of several espionages with naturalized citizens.
    George Trofimoff, the German-born son of Russian immigrants and a retired colonel from the U.S. Army Reserve became the highest-ranking member of the American military ever found guilty of spying for a foreign power.
    Mariano Faget, an acting deputy director with 34 years of service with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service office here, was convicted of disclosing official secrets
    Ana Montes, a senior intelligence analyst with the Defense Intelligence Agency passed classified military and intelligence information to Cuba for at least 16 years.
    All people I stated above are naturalized citizens, even our president might be a spy if we let this bill pass, it's a risk that we should not take.

A naturalized citizen is an immigrant, and has lived in another country. But other country have a totally different administration than ours. Just take Europe as an example. According to listverse
    The European Parliament is the directly elected parliamentary body of the European Union,Together with the Council of the European Union (the Council), it forms the bicameral legislative branch of the Union's institutions. The federal government of the United States, unlikely is the United States governmental body that carries out the roles assigned to the federation of individual states established by the Constitution. So even the president is not a spy, he is more likely to have policy different than usual, which nobody can predict what would happen.

And my last and most important point, this bill is totally unconstituional, US constitution Article II section I clearly stated that
    No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States. However, this bill is allowing non-natural born citizen to run for president, and that's totally contrary to the constitution.

• Naturalized citizens should not be able to run for President.

They could sneak top secret information to their home country because the president has all access to USA's history and government information. They could also favor their own kind if they live in the U.S. by giving them better privileges. Last but not least, The Constitution clearly states that only 'natural born' citizens can be president.

• We have to have rules by which we all live. Hence the Constitution & the Bill of Rights.

Allowing some one who is not a natural born citizen to run for President opens up a litany of problems, one being that their country may not have had similar laws as America, or they originate from a third world country and they are poor, and therefore think, as our present regime thinks, that we have too much and would want to change America, as it is now being changed, to adhere to their beliefs, not American beliefs. If you are not born & raised in this country you are not aware of what America stands for. Our Founding Fathers created the Constitution and the Bill of Rights for a reason, reason being to protect future Americans and the American way of life. Most of all natural born citizens have American parents and are taught the American way.

• I am the negative side. I think naturalized citizens cannot be president.

I'd rather risk our reputation as a free and equal country than risking 7-11 all over again and destroying america. People haven't complained yet about this. So why now? Plus, people can come here before their tenth bday, live for 14 consecutive years and become president. And still they can be a spy. All they have to do is wipe their record and make it clean. Do charity. Support the american belief. Act like a politican. There are so many ways to pretend like the good guy. There is also a chance that there can be many double agents or insiders that help this `to-become-terrorist` run for president. Don't pretend to be innocent! You may have worked hard, but my point is that it can be the `to-become-terrorist's` main goal in life is to gain america's trust and use that trust to slap us back in the face! Thay will take over and the american dream is ruined. So now what's the point of ruining the american image if their will be no more america?!