• Yes, she should be credited.

Nettie Stevens did as much work, if not more than the men who were credited with the research. She actually found the XY chromosome, but because she was a women and women were not considered capable of being scientists at the time, she was not given credit for her contributions.

• Yes, I believe Nettie Stevens should be credited for her chromosomal research.

It is a shame that a woman's contribution to science was marginalized in her own time. However, I think that there should be a formal recognition of her research by the scientific community. We now live in a world much different than that of Ms Stevens. Women are now lauded for their contributions to society on a daily basis.

• Yes, Nettie Stevens deserves credit for her chromosomal research.

Yes, Nettie Stevens deserves credit for the research she did into chromosomes. She discovered the XY chromosomal pattern for males, discovering why some babies become boys while others become girls. Despite this discovery, she didn't receive credit for her work as she was a female geneticist working at the turn of the 20th century.

• Nettie Stevens should receive credit for her work and research

I do think Nettie Stevens should be credited for her chromosomal research. She was a pioneer for women in the field of science and made strides in areas where women were not even allowed to work at the time. Her work was significant and ground-breaking. I see no reason why she should not be credited with her findings.