• Differences between it and Canada

Newfoundland is quite isolated from Canada, and tends to be ignored. If Quebec ever splits from Canada it will only fuel the movement. Plus, Newfoundland was once a country. It's likely that if it ever happened it could make some big progress towards getting things done. Plus, it would be a big trade area due to it's location.

• We might be better off on our own.

We were our own country at one point, but the world wars and the railway which was eventually deconstructed made our beloved land bankrupt. Canada ignores us now and most of the money generated here goes to other parts of Canada. The cod fishery collapsed partially because Canada had no interest in keeping it alive. Newfoundland would try and rebuild the cod fishery and with other resources in Newfoundland we should be able to support ourselves. I am a proud Canadian but an even prouder Newfoundlander and I don't like the way we are ignored. If we were to separate, Newfoundland and Canada would keep in close relations with each other and be great allies.

• We might be better off on our own.

• I believe in maritime seperation

I am from NB and there has been recent talk about maritime union, or the 3 provinces seperating from canada. Maine does alot of business with the maritimes more than quebec and we are neglected for 45 years by central canada, as ontario prefers to cater to immigrants from foreign lands and hand out millions to quebec.

• WE are Small in the minds of Most Canadians

We have our own culture! And it is not understood by most/all of the other provinces. We are hard workers that have benefited other parts of Canada. We are never taken serious in all matters of conflict with other provinces. It's time to take our resources and people out of Canada, we would be better of with the USA if it don't work out in our Independence.

• Newfoundland Should Separate

I think it would be a good idea for Newfoundland to separate from Canada. They have the resources to do so in my opinion. Thy are also a tourist area in Canada right now, so if they decide to separate, at least they know they will have constant income coming into their country from Canada and other paces.

• Yes, if it is culturally, financially and socially beneficial to do so.

If the benefits outweigh the harm in Newfoundland separating. There are many important reasons that areas come together to benefit the societies as a whole. If Newfoundland will not be taking away from its citizens, stability, protection and well being by separating then I say they should separate and enjoy their new found independence.

• I believe that Newfoundland should separate from Canada

Newfoundland was established by the British empire, who grew independent of British rule. Newfoundland is a tourist attraction, which can prosper without the help of Canada. Canada would like to keep Newfoundland as part of their colony due to the large tourist revenue that Newfoundland brings to Canada. Newfoundland has their own laws and systems, which Canada has not part in.

• At this current time: No

I definitely understand the reasons why Newfoundland would want to separate from Canada, since they were their own country, and their culture is different compared to the rest of Canada, but I am still against Newfoundland Independence. I am from the Maritimes, and the Maritimes are basically in the same situation as Newfound. New Brunswick at one time a British colony before joining Canada and our culture is distinct from the rest of Canada, but I know the reality of the real world. The Maritimes and Newfoundland are have-not provinces, and neither the Maritimes nor Newfoundland would prosper from separating. The Federal government focuses too much on the west, and Atlantic Canada suffers from it. If we have to send Atlantic Canadians to Alberta to work, which only show you type of economy we currently have. I personally don’t think it is Newfoundland best interest at the moment.

• Newfoundland is a part of Canada

Canada is a sum of all the provinces and territories which make up the country. Just as California or Texas should not separate from the United States just because they are large and have distinct economies, Newfoundland should not separate from Canada. Canada is special because of all the unique places and people which are a part of it.