Should non-democratic countries be barred from purchasing surveillance technology?

• No they should not.

Why should they not be allowed to keep their people safe? If they don't have the technology and need to purchase it who cares. That just means money into someone else's pocket. As most places, I can imagine that they have access to the black market. If someone wants something and they have the means to acquire why should they be barred from it.

• Non-democratic countries should not be barred from purchasing surveillance technology.

Non-democratic countries should not be barred from purchasing surveillance technology. Any country should be allowed to purchase surveillance technology to provide for their national security, regardless of what type of political system they have. There are many non-democratic countries that are not hostile and are allied with America, and should be allowed to promote their national security.

• not at all

No, just since the do not have the same government that we have today, does not mean that they do not need to be able to help their country with a lot of terrorist attacks that could happen. I think that they still need this jsut like we do here.

• No, I don't think non-democratic countries should be barred from purchasing surveillance technology.

I think those countries seeking surveillance technology will obtain it regardless of what countries bar them from purchasing any, they can always manufacture it in their own country, I think that barring a country from buying surveillance technology will most likely rise tensions between the two countries and overall is not a smart idea.

• Why Do That?

I do not believe non-democratic countries should be barred from purchasing surveillance technology. No offense but if I run a factory that makes surveillance equipment and communist China calls on the phone and wants to buy my product, I'm selling it to them. That's just simple business. There's no reason to bar countries from purchasing that kind of equipment.