Should non-religious couples qualify for a church wedding just by attending for a few weeks beforehand

Asked by: notalwaysright
  • I dont approve of elitism

How does one judge someone elses faith? Isnt there a Bible wuote about paying more attention to the speck of sawdust in anothers eye rather than the plank on your own? Churches are supposed to be welcoming to everyone. Sans exeption. That is the what Jesus taught is it not? Not judging others? Forgiveness?

• Don't force religion on somebody

I feel that if someone is getting married, they should have the right to choose where their wedding is held; even if he or she does not practice a certain religion, I don't personally believe it should be forced onto somebody. But that's just my opinion. Make of it what you will.

Posted by: S.K
  • Why make a promise before God if it doesnt come from the heart

A friend mine is attended church just for the sake of getting the permission of the vicar to marry in his church. Im not sure I can go to the wedding as I know she is only doing it to fulfil her dream of a pretty church white wedding. I am not overly religious but the hypocrisy is galling to say the least. To stand by my morals and stay away would cause upset but I feel it sets a bad example.

• It is hypocrisy

I am an atheist, former bible thumping christian... Full disclosure, I have no truck with churches or church weddings. For that reason, though, I would never in a million years expect any clergy member to perform a religious ceremony for me. I don't follow their faith anymore, so I don't get the sacrament.

One of the problems with a lot of the world today is no accountability. If you, as a clergy member, put god to the side in favour of the petty desires of people wanting a wedding for aesthetic reasons in a given church, then you are a poor clergy member. Why else do you think Christ chased the money lenders from the temple? Why else would Jesus, meek and mild, get so aggressive?

Again, I have no truck with religion, but putting myself in the place of a believer, a clergy member, one who counts themselves in the devoted and faithful, how could I in any sense condone bringing liars before my god to sanctify their union?

Keep in mind, the tag line here says the people are non-religious, not that they are a lapsed catholic. If you are a member of the faithful, and are simply rejoining with the church, and hold to the faith in your private life, even though you haven't been attending church, it would be a different ballgame.

• It makes a mockery of the church

I understand the whole "white church wedding thing" as appealing as it is for woman. However it makes a mockery of the church and religion in my opinion. It's a simple choice really, you either believe or you don't. If you are a believer but you don't attend regularly then you need to show willing and prove this to the church. It should then be left to the churches discretion whether the wedding proceeds.

marry77479 says2014-12-27T18:53:10.403
Earning money online was never been easy as it has become for me now. I freelance over the internet and earn about 75 bucks an hour. Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only

require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. A little effort and handsome earning dream is just a click away..........

...........................Jobs-Sites.Com