Should non-sexual nudity be censored in any form of media?

Asked by: PinValentine
  • I'm fat and self-conscious.

I'm fat, but it's not my own fault. I eat McDonalds, and don't work-out or play any sports, but it's still not my own fault that I am fat! I have a disability!! It's called lack-of-control. I eat to ease the pain! I know that I am beautiful - that being fat is beautiful! Still though. I hate skinny girls who are prettier than me. It's not fare if people are allowed to be nude on tv because it'll just make me feel worse about myself! I am ashamed of my body! I don't care that I won't do anything about it, it's still all about ME, ME, ME!! I'm the fat person who will get hurt here, so listen to me because I'm the voice of all the ugly people who will get hurt by allowing pretty people to strut around nude on tv!!

If you put nude people on tv I'm just going to eat more to make myself feel better, and it will be all your fault that I get even fatter!! Then, I'll claim disability and take your money too!! Isn't American justice awesome?! Screw you guys, I'm fat and beautiful. You don't get to call me fat though because it's politically incorrect!! You don't get to tell the truth, because it'll hurt my feelings!! And feelings are WAY more important than the TRUTH!!

Anyways, yeah, censor nude people because I'm fat and ugly and it would make me feel bad.

• I'm fat and self-conscious.

• Yep, because it's the parent's right to determine their child's exposure to such things.

I know that lefties think that it's their right to determine what kids should and should not be exposed too, but in reality, that right should fall exclusively on the parents of the child to make that determination because the parents are the people with the vested interest in the positive growth and development of their own child.

• A case for sensible censoring

While I agree that the human body is beautiful and natural, as with most of life, some balance is necessary in this issue. Any rules or restrictions placed on nudity in any media form is censoring. It seems sensible to assume that there are at least some instances where nudity, even if it is non-sexual, would be an issue. Likely in the average children's cartoon, nudity is not necessary. Even if one wanted to argue that nudity in cartoons would help children come to terms with their own bodies, I feel most would agree that there should be some level of restriction (such as level of detail or realism). Society fears its own body and loosening up on censorship would be largely beneficial. However, the question is not asking if there is too much censorship, but if any level of censorship in any form of media should be deemed appropriate. This is an issue of finding a balance between censorship and expression, not of cutting censorship out altogether.

• Nudity should be accepted and celebrated.

I am not saying that we should all become nudists, and yes there should still be modesty with clothes and privacy.

I do think that nudity in movies, television, games, magazines, etc... Should not be censored. The human body can be artistic, beautiful, and an amazing thing to see from a non-sexual standpoint. It doesn't matter what size people are or how they look. In the media, if there is nudity that is not with sex, then it shouldn't be censored.

Even if the nudity isn't portrayed in an artistic way, it should still not be censored. Some times people in movies are naked for various reasons. In the case of "A Knight's tale", Geoffrey was naked because he lost his clothes gambling. That's funny. In "Forgetting Sarah Marshal" Peter shows full frontal nudity on camera because he was just too lazy and depressed to put on clothes. It's funny.

People in real life should keep their modesty, and not go around fully naked in certain environments. But if you're at a pool, or a beach, or a hike, and you want to go fully nude, then should be aloud to. The naked body should not be objectified with either gender, and should be looked at as normal, artistic, beautiful. Something that if some one were to go naked, no one would even notice.

I know we are miles away from that ever happening, but I find the naked body to be a beautiful peace of natural art. Not a sex toy. It shouldn't be a sex toy either.

• People act as if God's law is :Thou shalt censor people for whatever you can think of.

People act as if God's law is :Thou shalt censor people for whatever you can think of. God told us to be sexual. God made us to be naked. God said be lovers of God more than lovers of pleasure. That keeps people from going over the top with e sex. He does not care about whoever being nude. People cover the nude earth with asphalt and concreate. The house does the same thing. Clothing covers us. People are responsible for their own salvation. People who are good to people will see God as light not fire. People who censor period are working ill to people. Google is working ill to me keeping me from answering my accusers on Youtube keeping me from teaching on Youtube.

• History supports that we weren't always like this.

Look at art of the past. There are tons of nude males and females immortalized in art and nobody saw this as negative or taboo. It was the bodies that were around them all the time. So why should we change that? Because "it's wrong?" No, you just need to open your narrow minds up and realize that everyone is human.

• Sex is natural, human bodies are natural

Morality and ethics are human constructs born of learned and taught societal behaviors.

In regions of the world where clothing becomes a liability, nudity is common and not something people focus on.

Western nations are colder, and as such required the adaptive use of the tool, clothing, for survival.

This, coupled with the rise of the sexually obsessed Christian church of Rome (which later became the Catholic and Orthodox Churches), created an impropriety in regards to certain sexual conduct.

This later became even more pronounced, as the church transformed more and more into an entity with aspirations for dominance and conquest.

It's much easier to control people when you make every thought a sin, every natural impulse an affront to "god".

It lowers the intrinsic value of a person, and allows individuals in subjective moral authority, aka the clergy, to dictate public behavior on the whim of the pontifex.

Which is why the wealthy always put their seconds sons into the clergy. It was a higher position than a serf or peasant, with wealth political influence and cultural prestige.

All because of subjective morality.

• It's just a human body,

Therefore, the media should be completely open with it. We must learn to respect the human body and celebrate it. Covering it up all the time does not help with that. The body has been an inspiration to how many art pieces? It is a beautiful thing and we must love it

• Yes, Absolutely Correct:

There is no reason for people to fear nudity, as society appears to do at present. Streaking is popular because it is considered as shocking, if it was just generally accepted and not frowned upon, streaking and nudity would not be considered as something novel. There also would likely be less sex crimes for two reasons, people with a predisposition towards such behavior would be more obvious as nudity is less candid and so often they would feel the need to be so hidden away and since nudity is more common in the media, there would likely be less pornography as increased exposure of anything reduces the desire for it. Societies that already have a relaxed attitude towards nudity appear to have less sex crimes statistically. Such as European countries like Sweden.

Blade-of-Truth says2014-06-25T05:09:46.683
What the hell? Where is my answer?