Should Northern Ireland join the Irish republic?

Asked by: ChrisF
  • Birtisth scum blow ins

Irish settlers were here first and they had the right to their own land and their own country. But england came in and took over, in this day and age they hAve returned all but some of their former kingdom yet they haven't returned NI to the rest of the republic

• It definitely should.

For me being mostly of Irish heritage myself, I've liked to study the country. I've went there on vacation for about 3 months before college, and liked it. I never understood why northern Ireland wasn't a part of the Irish Republic in the first place. I think is was to tell Ireland, that the British still had some control (no offense if you're British) maybe. I don't know how it could hurt to have them join.

• Yes Yes Yes

Northern Ireland is Irish land stolen by the British imperialist power. This land has been oppressed by the disgusting British military which has harassed people living under tyranny just for being Catholic. No matter what British propaganda will say about Northern Ireland being "British" is one hundred percent bull and should not be taken seriously.

• Ireland should be united.

Northern Ireland is a part of Ireland. It's right in the name. The UK has no right to keep Northern Ireland. After almost 800 years of English/British conquest and rule of the island, it's about time that Ireland finally be united and free. In addition, the union of Northern Ireland with the south would put a stop to most terrorist activity in Ireland, with the exception of terrorist groups that support union with the UK.

If anyone is interested I'm open to debating this topic.

• Yes to bringing us back together

But I am afraid that the protestants Will rise up and the violence Will start once more , but I do think the North should be reunited with the south . Our cou try was torn apart the British and They should realise that this was going to happen any way . Ireland my beautiful country . Once full of kingdoms Will come back to its rightful full country ! I only wish we would have our own KING back but our kings and Queens are lost forever so as the Queen of Scots

• If they don't give it now there might be rebellions

The northern Irish people are moving towards independence very slowly as the United Kingdom begins to be the divided kingdom mostly because Scotland wants independence very badly and soon there could be rebellions supported by Ireland in Northern Ireland and in Wales and Scotland too The UL will fall apart no matter what.Disaster is around the corner

• Economic reasons mainly

Reunification would bring a potential €36 billion increase to an all-ireland economy, so why would you not support it???? Also unionism is undemocratic and inward looking and has no place on this island, as well as that the UK doesnt really care for northern ireland so what other option do they have??

• Economic reasons mainly

• Yes!!!!!!! Yes yes yes!

I think most irish people would really like the rest of the country back.
    But if most people in NI would rather stay in the UK, then that's okay. They can keep Northern Ireland then. 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚.? IRELAND IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day! Jhgv jgfcgcjf jytfjgyf jyfffcyj jugfgyfj jghtjgyv

• Britain Has Ruled Them Long Enough

Throughout British history, Ireland (particularly the Irish Catholics) has always suffered at their hands. Of course, things are not as bad as they used to be, but generally, they're still looked down upon by the rest of Great Britain.

The only reason the Northern Irish protestants want to remain with the UK is so they can continue their dominance over the Irish Catholics. This is hard for me to say, because I myself am protestant, but this is true.

Besides, I don't think anyone from America should say that another nation that wants to leave the British empire should not be allowed to do so.

• The U.K. Is a joke and full of imbreads

The U.K. Is full of imbreads. If only Northern Ireland and Scotland would wake up! Every1 in the uk is slaves to the imbread family of kings and queens. They take their money and doesn't do anything! F*ck the queen I hope her and her family burn in hell for generations!

• No, and the reason

Is that the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to remain with the United Kingdom. The fact that the Eire unionists want to force people to be a part of a country they have no desire to be a part of shows that the Republic of Ireland is just as imperialistic as Great Britain ever was. Perhaps even more than Britain was.

• No it shouldn't.

Quite simply its people want to stay with the UK. A poll run by the Northern Ireland Life and Times survey showed us 73% wanted to remain in the Union. Also you only need a glimpse at the Irish Republic to see it is an economic disaster. Granted the UK is in a mess but it is in much better shape than Ireland. The majority of people from Northern Ireland see this.

• Economically unsustainable and a social nightmare

I'm not saying which side is right or wrong but when you look at the state of the Republic right now I don't know that they could afford us. At the moment we have the right to choose to be Irish or British in terms of nationality and are afforded the perks of being in a more economically stable partnership (the u.K is still not great right now but better than Ireland). I fear that we may go back to days past if we were to upset the balance put in place now and we should ask ourselves if that is worth a few more counties on the map.

• No It SHOULD REMAIN AS UK NOT TO BE CLASSIFIED AS IRISH

I am from Northern Ireland and I hate being classifed as Irish it annoys me I enjoy being British and if it disconnects from UK Northen Ireland will littery die!! #NIUK4ever BTW if we do leave the UK flag will have to change and I will be moving to England because I hate Irish

• Ireland has no say

Ireland and their goddamn Sinn Fein party are trying to take ofer Northern Ireland just because they're salty that NI didn't want to join them after independence. The UK is wealthier, more powerful, progressive (not a Catholic run state), and provides many kore opportunities for the Northern Irish. If NI rejoins, the IRA will just slaughter all the Unionists that remain.

• Because the republic of Ireland is in shambles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• The majority in Northern Ireland including many nationalist voters do not believe there is any advantage in Unity

What benefits will unity bring please only include practical issues in your response no hairy fairy Irish for the Irish or past British /Irish history Oliver Cromwell or the like. Talks cheap but can the Republic keep the Northern people in the way it's been used to they have enough trouble of their own without paying for the North as well. Also no suggestions that Britain should pay for unity for the next 25 years please as this is non starter.

• Ye ye ye

Ye is so nice i love ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye is very nice ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye did i mention ye