• Yes it should

We have laws prohibiting excessive speed, being drunk, eratic driving, etc, in order to protect other people and their property, as well as public property. You cannot speed, because it endangers other people, and their property and the property of the public, for example. However, seatbelt laws are only there to protect the individual. If I choose to not wear a seatbelt, I am only endangering myself, and no one else. I do support it being legal to not wear a seatbelt, above the age of 16-18.

• Ask any EMT

Anyone working in the medical field will tell you the horrific stories from accidents where an individual was not wearing a seatbelt. An unrestrained passenger is a projectile that kills others. The seatbelt keeps the driver in the car so they have some chance to continue steering and breaking. Anyone who disagrees with this is a moron.

• Yes, not wearing a seat belt should be illegal.

Despite always buckling my own seat belt, I still need to remind my parents to fasten their belts. Even after losing a close relative to a car accident, they still put forward the old ridiculous reasoning, "We aren't going far." I realize their reluctance is part of the culture they grew up in, and habits are difficult to break, but I wish they would realize their lives are precious to me. If I could be there every time they drive to remind them of this, I would. I believe seat belt use should be required by law, because I would do anything in my power to protect the people I love, even from their own errors in judgment.

• Project for school

A common mistake that drivers do is not put their seatbelts on when they start driving. Seatbelts prevent you from hurting yourself in case of a car accident. But now many teens and even adults either forget or don't put their seatbelt on. This is a major problem. With so many car accidents happening today, not wearing a seatbelt should be illegal. It is very unsafe and you can seriously get injured or even die if you get in a car accident and not have your seatbelts on. Many teens do not wear seatbelts because they think that they are cool not wearing seatbelts. It would be your fault if you get in a car crash and you didn't have your seatbelt on. Seatbelts are very comfortable and protect you from getting hurt. If a cop sees you without your seatbelt on, they should pull you over and give you a ticket. Some people don't realize how important seatbelts are to you. They protect you and keep you safe. I understand that there are airbags in cars that are supposed to keep you safe, but seatbelts prevent you from jerking forward into the airbag. Some airbags can actually be dangerous if you hit them the wrong way. As you can tell, I have made some important reasons and points of why not wearing a seatbelt should be illegal.

• Seatbelts can save lives

A seatbelt can stop a person from going through the windshield and save their lives. It has a lot to do with common sense and physics. Your inertia will keep you moving, even after your car has been stopped by another force, and your seatbelt prevents that. Thousands of people die every year in car crashes where they could've been saved by a seatbelt. Don't die. Wear a seatbelt.

• Seatbelts save lives.

People opposing this state that it is "their choice," well I beg to differ. Let's say you don't wear a seatbelt because you feel it is your "own right to your own safety." I believe the passengers of your car also have a right to "their safety," if you get in a crash, what is going to stop your body from flying through the vehicle and striking them? People need to get past their own stubbornness and think about the big picture a little more.

• In is the law in my country.

If you do not wear a seat belt you can be fined, if you are driving the car you also lose points on your license and you are fined for any child in your car not wearing a seat let. Seat belts save lives. The death toll on the road is higher than it needs to be.

• Seatbelt laws will improve economic factors.

Not wearing a seatbelt should be illegal for two reasons: 1) not wearing a seatbelt makes your body a potential flying object that could seriously injure or kill other passengers in the vehicle were it to crash and 2) forcing people to wear their seatbelts will reduce the number of people seriously injured in auto accidents. In effect, this will reduce the amount of money spent on health care each year and increase worker productivity because of fewer days of work missed, time spent in the hospital, etc.

• Yes it should be illegal not to wear a seat belt.

The government has a compelling interest in mandating safety standards for transportation vehicles. Since seat belts are a time proven safety device requiring their use is in the public interest and making it illegal not to wear them is also in the public interest. Therefore there needs to be some enforcement of the policy (by law enforcement) and making not wearing them against the law allows for this enforcement.

• It's a dangerous risk to take

I know that we all hate wearing seat belts but I think it would be in the best interest if the government helped protect people keep themselves safe. There are already people doing stupid things in the world and we don't need any more of that. People need to become more aware of their safety even if they don't really care about it.

• Such a confinement against free will

In how many cases does the driver fly through the window and kill someone? I've never heard of it. But I do know you're more likely to die from a vending machine. It's against my free will, my airbag will keep me in my car. If I get T-boned my seatbelt just killed me. My body cannot move from harms way in a seatbelt.

• Your life is in your hands.

I think once you are an adult you should have the choice if you want to wear a seat belt or not. If someone wants to take the risk to not wear a seat belt, why should they be fined for it? It's not hurting anyone else but the person.

• We have freedom of choice.

A human being inside a car that has a license is clearly able to make educated choices regarding their personal well-being. To think that a government body can penalize someone for not wearing a seat belt is not only stupid, but insulting. If you want to wear a seat belt go ahead, but if you do not want to you should not be forced to.

• Against my will and makes no sense to pull me over for seat belt when I never speed and obey traffic laws.

This is against my will. I never signed my mortality rights over to the state. I never speed and I obey traffic laws. Lol and you are going to fine me for not wearing my seat belt in the car I paid for and pay my taxes for . This is just to show how modern day America is becoming a more police state. I have been next to law enforcement more then once at red lights or driving past them and I don't get pulled over for not wearing my seat belt. But when I go home the ghetto or hood (unfortunately) cops just use it as an excuse to pull you over and check your car this law is just as stupid as traffic light cam, how is it you sending me a fine by mail 2 weeks later is keeping anybody safe. PLEASE STOP "DON'T TREAD ON ME" {wake up}

• Your life is in your hands

• It is my choice

It is my life! I cannot see why I am not hurting anyone else then the police had to treat me as a criminal. I was wearing my seatbelt and police stopped me and accused me of not wearing one. They gave me the fine and said it will take 60 days to see what to do. I am not being funny, it depends on the roads as well. A lot of roads have blind spots and the money the police make does not contribute to improving the roads.

• I am 4'9 the seatbelt goes across my face.

If I were in an accident the air bag would probably suffocate me anyway.. An in any case its my life and no ones business. As far as anyone going on about the government paying for health cost ect.. If they want to go that route they would have to take In people that drink, smoke, eat unhealthy ect ect.. Its not a perfect world folks and its my life.. Its just another way for the government to control out lives!

• FREEDOM OF CHOICE

We have freedom of choice.

A human being inside a car that has a license is clearly able to make educated choices regarding their personal well-being. To think that a government body can penalize someone for not wearing a seat belt is not only stupid, but insulting. If you want to wear a seat belt go ahead, but if you don't, you should not be penalized.

• Gov cash grab

If the government is really protecting us, then how far will we let them go before we can no longer declare ourselves a free country? Sugar isn't good for us, should we hand out tickets for that? Here is the real reason they give seat belt tickets. The only group that suffers from me being in an accident is the insurance companies. Have you ever wondered why motorcycles are exempt from seatbelt laws? It's because they already pay higher premiums for riding an unsafe vehicle. Because of that, insurance companies expect to pay high medical bills. The insurance companies are now looking to increase their profit margins on cars without raising premiums. The only way is to make people wear seatbelts. The government is no longer serving our interests, they are working for the insurance companies. It is beyond my comprehension why we let them do this. In case you haven't realized it, we are sheep now.