Should Notorious B.I.G. be taught in music history classes?

• I do not see why not.

Yeah, he was a massive artist in one of the biggest genres of music the world has ever seen. I do not see why rappers, especially influential ones such as the Notorious B.I.G, shouldn't be taught in music history class. Every genre of music deserves it's due, whether you care for the music or otherwise.

• Notorious B.I.G. Be Taught

I personally think that the value of the rap artist Notorious B.I.G's can be debated, and certainly his music should not be included in the course material of a general music literacy class. He is, none the less, a musical icon, and his life and death could certainly be woven into a larger context of rap music and rap culture in a narrowly defined, upper level course.

• music history classes

I personally agree,The value of the rap artist Notorious B.I.G's can be debated, and certainly his music should not be included in the course material of a general music literacy class. He is, none the less, a musical icon, and his life and death could certainly be woven into a larger context of rap music and rap culture in a narrowly defined, upper level course.

• Yes, he's an important part of music history.

The 90's were a decade filled with rap, including both drama and amazing music. B.I.G. was a huge part of rap culture during the time he was alive and definitely deserves a spot in music history classes. Although many music history classes do not spend time on such recent events, it should be an aim to include artists, such as B.I.G., from the 90's.

• Yes: Notorious B.I.G. Should be Taught in Music History Classes

The value of the rap artist Notorious B.I.G's can be debated, and certainly his music should not be included in the course material of a general music literacy class. He is, none the less, a musical icon, and his life and death could certainly be woven into a larger context of rap music and rap culture in a narrowly defined, upper level course.