• Underground nuclear waste storage is safe.

Nuclear energy is 0-emissions; addresses climate change threat. Nuclear energy does not emit carbon emissions in its inherent energy extraction process, although some carbon is emitted in the manufacture of plants, etc. This means it is a key weapon in the climate change fight. Dealing with the waste problem with underground storage is, therefore, also key in this fight.

• Lololol t g

Jh h h h h h h h hh h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• Lololol t g

• Lololol t g

• I need heroin

I need heroin and i sell the nuclear waste so i can buy heroin i love heroin so much i inject it directly into my heart because i just love it so much i put it underground to keep the waste safe before i sell it and i think its safe.

• I need heroin

• Unfortunately, I don't think any other option is feasible

Even though I do not support using nuclear power, that does not solve the dilemma that there is thousands of tons of nuclear waste in the world today. Upon my research, I believe that this way can be a safe solution, so long as the government spends the amount of money needed to create tanks that can withstand any natural disaster, and prevent leakage.

• Groundwater Contamination Too Risky

Allowing ionized radiation to leak into groundwater would not only risk human life, but environmental life as well. This could lead to the damaging of multiple ecosystems. The only place that would make it safer to bury radioactive waste would be in the desert, but that could damage wildlife. The best way to deal with radioactive waste, in my opinion, is by sending it into interstellar space using and Atlas V rocket, similar to New Horizons.

• Anything Living or helping the living

I say no to nuclear waste underground because animals such as gophers Burrow through the ground. The gophers can bring get hurt and contaminate others. They can also contaminate the groundwater. Humans can receive diseases like cancer through the contaminated groundwater. This is why I think they shouldn't place nuclear waste underground.

• It should be stored underground

The rock underground would dampen any gamma radiation trying to escape and would seal the area around the containers in case of a breach. Providing the waste is stored a long way beneath the ground there would be no risk of any contaminates infiltrating the water table. Storing waste above ground would contribute to background radiation as well as ionising the cells of nearby organisms. This would cause multiple generations of the organisms to have genetic mutations resulting in possible extinction of the species from the area.

• Disaster in the making!

I don't believe nuclear waste should be stored underground. Anytime there is a flood, these toxins could surface, which could reach a vast number of people. There's also a chance of the waste seeping into our water supply, then what would happen? So many people could would be poisoned by this mess.

• I agree with williambrowning

Ground water can be contaminated very easily. I know that this is a silly example, but in the movie Sahara, the people were polluting ground water with nuclear waste and causing hundreds of deaths. Plus, if the polluted water got into a major water source, it could decrease the earth's water supply by a great deal. I kind of think that the answer to a lot of earth's problems is to put harmful pollutants into pockets of lava deep under ground.

• Groundwater Contamination Too Risky

Contaminating the immediate environment is too great when storing nuclear waste underground. Ideally, waste products from nuclear reactors should be launched into outer space and thrust into the sun for permanent disposal. Unfortunately, that method is way too expensive. Storing waste in bunkered facilities made of lead and concrete above ground is probably the best way to store waste. The facility will have to be large enough and remote enough to be effective, such as the mountains of Wyoming or Montana.

• No way should nuclear waste be stored underground

That's a disaster waiting to happen! Any big natural disasters, floods, earthquakes, mudslides, etc etc, all that would bring the nuclear waste to the forefront creating god only knows what types of health problems in those it'd expose it to. The plants about ground are bad enough, but going underground would be worse yet. So no, nuclear waste should NOT be stored underground.

• Gegesfdf sdf d

Fedffds fewfsd fd sf ds fdsf d df fd dsf d dfd fdds dfefr sdf efds er dfef sdf efd e r f f f f f f f f f fh h h h hh h h hh h h hh h h h h h hh h h

• Gegesfdf sdf d

• Gegesfdf sdf d

• 3y34y grgswrgw ewt

D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d dd d d d dd dd d d d d d d d d d d d

• Groundwater Contamination Too Risky

• Read Gone. That's it.

Read the Gone books? Not a good idea. Waste could seep into our water, and there is nothing that is ever unbreakable. When new people find our underground bunkers, what will they do? Open it? Or will they keep it buried like nobody in history has ever done? Humans are too curious.