• We have seen what it can do!

Why should we keep these weapons of mass destruction. Isn't it kinda obvious that they are bad. We have seen already what it can do in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Killing 1000 of innocent people is all it does. There is nothing good with allowing countries to own nuclear weapons. For me it's a big NO. I don't wanna live in a world with the risk of there begin a nuclear war.

• Because in my life in America I don't wanna die by a nuke there so deadly the could blow up all America

It could blow up almost the whole world and no one wants that right Japan was blown up by a nuke and I don't want that to happen in America I mean like who invents this shit I man really America or the world can't have this shit really people this shit is stupid

• Why in the name of god would anyone want to kill thousands of innocent people?

It just seems horribly wrong to kill so many people - no matter the scenario. And For your information, ararmer1919, the cold war was called off because the USSR ran out of money, not because they got too intimidated by our insane weapons of mass destruction. My mom actually lived in Russia during the cold war. She told me about her experiences. Do you want to live with the threat of your entire world ending at any time? That's what she had to do - and that's what we'll all have to do if nuclear weapons aren't banned.

• Yes we should

If all the worlds nuclear weapons were abolished, the people here on earth would be more relaxed, not having a constant threat to our safty. You people out there who think we need nuclear weapons you don't know the damage and stress they may cause. WE NEED TO ABOLISH OUR NUCLEAR WEAPONS NOW. Russia wont nuke us when they realise that we have done the sensible thing!

• They should be banned

Nuclear weapons should be banned because it is a threat to everyone in the entire world. The government should stop making them so people won't have much stress. Some people say that nuclear weapons prevent wars, if that's so, can you list any? Nuclear weapons are also mass weapons of destruction, and they can't be used in wars because they are too powerful, so what's the point in making them, and keeping them?

• Nuclear weapons should be banned.

What's the point of having nuclear weapons? We can't use them in wars because of its destruction it can make. Some say that it provides safety, but how? People will get more and more stressed when more and more weapons are made, people shouldn't be afraid of these things. Nuclear weapons should be banned. They MUST be banned.

• Nukes should be dismantled

Nuclear weapons should be dis mantled because more than 240,000 have died from nuclear bombs.
    That number is from when fat man and little boy were dropped on Nagasaki and Hirosima. Another reason that nukes should be banned is because a sudden explosion would kill millions instantly and many more in the next year.

• Nuclear weapons should be banned!

The humanitarian impacts of nuclear weapon use are more destructive than those of any other weapon developed throughout history. The main immediate effects are intense light and heat, a massive blast wave. People are blinded. Blast effects pull apart buildings, crush people to death and cause hurricane force winds that hurl cars and masonry. The effects cover wide areas. Humanitarian organizations such as the UN relief agencies and the ICRC have made it clear that they would not have the capacity to respond meaningfully to the impacts of a nuclear weapon explosion. The use of a single nuclear weapon in an urban area would cause hundreds of thousands of casualties and massive social and economic destruction. I take the view that many people will agree with me that nuclear weapons should be banned. Why? Because it is very dangerous for social, for humanity. The treaty banning nuclear weapon tests was signed in 1963 in Moscow by members of the USA, the UK and the USSR. In 1972 this treaty was signed by 118 countries and this contract obligates countries to banned the nuclear weapons and ban on the production of nuclear weapons. I am from Kazakhstan and in 2012 the president of Kazakhstan Nazarbayev at international conference said that: “Nuclear weapons are suicidal for humanity. A suicide as a direct challenge to the Creator, is condemned by all the world's religions of the world. . Nuclear-free world - this is our common goal to which humanity should strive. Only by acting together, we can make our world a safer and better." In November 2011, the Council of Delegates of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement appealed to all states “to pursue in good faith and conclude with urgency and determination negotiations to prohibit the use of and completely eliminate nuclear weapons through a legally binding international agreement, based on existing commitments and international obligations.” In 2012, a growing number of governments endorsed international statements arguing that due to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences their use would cause, moves should be taken to outlaw nuclear weapons. We have in our world a famous international organization is ICan(International Campaign to abolish nuclear weapons). “The International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) is a global campaign coalition working to mobilize people in all countries to inspire, persuade and pressure their governments to initiate and support negotiations for a treaty banning nuclear weapons.” At their official website (http://www.Icanw.Org/) they posted some Arguments for nuclear abolition: 1.The humanitarian case.The abolition of nuclear weapons is an urgent humanitarian necessity.
    2. The security case. Nuclear weapons pose a direct and constant threat to people everywhere.
    3. The environmental case. Nuclear weapons are the only devices ever created that have the capacity to destroy all complex life forms on Earth.
    4. The economic area. Nuclear weapons programmes divert public funds from health care, education, disaster relief and other vital services.

• They are Banned

The Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT bans the manufacture and trade of nuclear weapons and aims to reduce the stockpiles of current nuclear weapons states. These terrible weapons need to be controlled and ultimately destroyed like they were in South Africa. If you are unconvinced by the case for disarmament watch the film THREADS(search on Youtube) and I am sure you will be swayed.

• Hell fing no!

You guys do of course know if the literally dozens of wars that have been PREVENTED due to nuclear arms right? It's the worlds greatest violence deterrent. A big example everyone knows is the world war that would have accured between the US and Russia had it not been for nuclear arms. You guys are scared cause of nuclear arms cause thier big and scary and can cause a lot of death, it's true, but you need to realize that nuclear weapons will most likely be either the key deciding factor or one of the most important factors in obtaining world peace.

• Hidden Nuclear Weapons

There will be governments that hoard these nuclear weapons. They may say that they have disposed their nuclear warheads, but in reality they have them hidden beneath a secret military base a few miles beneath the surface. That threat is always there, the world is full of liars. With these people around no one is safe, so to protect ourselves we need them. Yes, nuclear weapons are morally wrong but what about the safety of the people? Is safety and security less important then morality?

• N i g

G e r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r