Should nudists who are around children be arrested as pedophiles.

Asked by: nitus
  • Are you kidding me?!

Talk about some sicko puppies being out in the world. There is no reason to be doing this other than being a sicko weirdo. No way. Lock them up, with Hillary Clinton, that's my opinion on this very disturbing and troubling matter of public health and the safety of so many children out there.

• Is this serious?

Obviously, yes. I thought this was a common sense arguement but apparently some idiots don't agree. Nudity in public is stupidity. Put clothes on. We are not in Africa living with no water or clothing. If you are homeless, go to a homeless shelter or simply ask for clothes. God!

• Is this serious?

• Is this serious?

• Is this serious?

• If you ask me, the 14th Amendment protects them.

One specific piece from this Amendment states that: "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." If nudists believe that the concept of nudity is a part of life, we cannot deprive them of this concept- as that would be removing that person's unalienable right to liberty. Besides this, I agree with others when they say nudity and pedophilia is apples to oranges. Sure, you think what you want to think about them. But prejudicing them by arresting them for pedophilia is unethical and rather shameful. Innocent until proven guilty is another idea- every nudist is innocent until one can prove they have committed acts of pedophilia. You could also claim that they are protected under the right to freedom of expression, however, this will always be debatable for as long as it's an issue.

Thanks for the read everyone, have a good week and feel free to message/debate with me whenever. I'm always open to new ideas!

• Nudists and Pedophiles are two completely different people.

Pedophiles are people who are sexually interested in children. Nudist just like to be naked, which is how we are all born. As natural as it is, I personally would not be able to walk around with my boobies flapping in the wind. But I would never look at someone who is and call the police. As long as they aren't looking at my kid in a weird way and trying to make moves on her or him, then I don't care. I have two legs and two feet that can walk away if I don't want to look at that.

• Not unless they show direct interest

Sure, I find nudists rather distasteful and quite an eyesore. Everyone else wears a shirt & trousers/skirt/dress/whatever, why should we have to see their junk swaying in the breeze and all that. But I wouldn't accuse them of paedophilia unless they show DIRECT INTEREST in kids. A passing glance isn't interest. Passing by isn't interest. Leave the accusations until they make an effort to stay close to a kid for too long without a good reason.
    Innocent until proven guilty.

• Nudists are not necessarily pedophiles

Firstly, pedophilia is considered a mental condition, marked by an an abnormal attraction to children wheareas a nudist is someone who chooses a lifestyle naked for all or as much of the time as possible. Nudists overwhelmingly are nudists with or without children around (where children are allowed to be around such nudity in general i.e. family friendly community nudist grounds). Similarly, pedophiles are, generally, not exposing themselves unless there is a child present.

Secondly, there are already indecent exposure laws in place that prohibit people from being partially or completely naked in public. The thought there being that it's indecent to the public as a whole, including children.

Third, which sort of ties to my first point, is that in some states, such as California, you can only be convicted of indecent exposure if it can be be proven the intent of the exposure was to sexually arouse (yourself or the victims), offend, or insult. The key here being intent. It is not, generally, the intent of a nudist to be a nudist with the attraction, perversion, or exposure to a child in mind.

In conclusion: pedophilia explicitly requires proof that a person has an unnatural attraction or sexual preference to children. Therefore, simply being naked in front of a child does not make someone a pedophile

• No! It's okay!

Nudity is natural and doesn't hurt anyone, do you think African children cry when they see naked tribesmen? Did were cavemen babies disgusted by vaginas? Are modern babies grossed out by their moms boobs? No! That's why I think nudity is right and should be allowed and fully legalized, okay?