Should nursing homes and daycare centers be allowed to function as "for profit"?

• They'll try harder.

Yes, nursing homes and daycare centers should be allowed to function as for profit, because they will try harder to do a good job. If they want to attract more business, they will try harder to have good word of mouth. They will provide a better service to the community.

• Yes, nursing homes and daycare centers should operate as "for profit"

I definitely think that nursing homes and daycares should be allowed to function as "for profit". They are a business just like any other. Plus they provide a service that a lot of people need. Why should they be able to be a profitable business? I think that they should be able to profit from such services.

• Not Major Profits

I believe institutions like nursing homes and day care centers should only be allowed minimal profits. These types of businesses need to be socially responsible in their running. These services are almost required in today's world where those that are of working age are almost forced to do so in order to support themselves. For this reason these businesses should not seek major profits for providing their services.

• No, absolutely not.

It makes me sick to my stomach that there is for profit anything when it comes to health and well being. Especially with the elderly. This is really disgusting. It should be a right as an elderly person that you are taken care of for free. It also takes the burden off of the family.