Should Obama Release the Death Photos of Osama Bin Laden to the Public?

• I would rather see a dead body

If you are able to think like the CIA you may not believe that Osama bin Laden is not dead. Why would the CIA kill someone rather than keep them alive for the wealth of information they possess. The government should not have the right to keep past government actions secret. The American people have a right to know what really happened from Kennedy assassination to alien contact. Don't lie! Declassify. We elected these scumbags to represent us not lie to us. Why is it that politicians always become the beast they are fighting. I can understand the need for keeping things secret like battle plans by the military; however, keeping the plans to open Cuba and secret 18 month negotiations with Cuba is deceptive. Don't get me wrong, Cuba shoul have been opened years ago. As for osama, show me the body. I don't believe he is dead.

• I think that Obama should release the death photos of Osama Bin Laden to prove that he is dead.

Yes, I think that Obama should release the death photos of Osama Bin Laden to prove that he is dead. It's hard to believe anything that he says, because he never really tries to back it up. If he released the death photos of Osama Bin Laden, I think it would change a lot of people's views about him.

Posted by: SeriousNestor34
  • Photos should be released!

Prove to us that he is dead, and it is not just another hoax by the government. I think releasing photos of him dead would make us trust our government and our president a tad more.

• It is in bad taste to release death photos of Osama Bin Laden to the public.

So much hype has been given over the case of killing Osama Bin Laden. It is in bad taste to release photos, and it could insight additional and more extreme terrorist activities. Just because a key player is gone, it doesn't mean that the whole organization is gone. It is time to let it go. There is no need to see Bin Laden's dead body, especially if it goes against Muslim faith.

Posted by: PointlessElbert47
  • Releasing them would serve no purpose, and could actually cause harm.

There is no good reason to release these photos. They are likely to be gory and will further inflame extremists. Those who do not believe that he is dead will only think that they are fakes. Nothing is to be gained by showing them. It would only serve to create problems, while solving none.

Posted by: P4cBran
  • I do not think the photos of a dead Osama Bin Laden should be released since we don't need more grisly photos of dead people.

I do not think the photos of a dead Osama Bin Laden should be released since we don't need more grisly photos of dead people. Although such a photo could show he was dead, with current software technologies people would always suggest it was a doctored photo. A widely published picture of a dead person (whoever it is) is not necessary for children to see.

Posted by: ColossalJeramy56
  • Death photos of Bin Laden do not need to be released to the public, because people should not want to look at them.

If the public views photos of Bin Laden, then they will just do so because they have a morbid curiosity. No one needs to see these photos, for any reason. We do not see photos of other dead people who died as a result of war. He needed to be killed, but we do not need to celebrate and view his dead body.

Posted by: MycaMy
  • Nothing good would come of it.

Releasing these photos would accomplish nothing but aggravate extremists to further conflict and who knows what. Those who deny bin Laden's death would only doubt the authenticity of the photos to no end.