• President Obama Should Try Talking to North Korea

Yes, President Obama should try talking and opening diplomatic relations with North Korea. To do so would prove that the United States is a nation of peace and that we will sit down for talks with even our greatest enemies. This would set a good precedent for the President to the rest of the world.

• I think Obama should try to talk to North Korea.

I think Obama should try to talk to North Korea. The United States should try to talk to every
    country. Better communication would
    eliminate problems before they arise. If
    Obama tries to have peaceful talks with North Korea, it could diffuse any
    tensions between the two countries and possibly avoid a war.

• Yes, if they are willing, Obama should talk with North Korea

Forcing North Korea to talk would most likely cause more harm than good. If they are willing to talk though, I do not see what the harm could be. Both sides will just need to remain calm and professional to come up with the best solutions for each of us, with as little problems in between.

• No, you can't negotiate with terrorists.

No, Obama should not talk to North Korea, because it sends the message to the rest of the world that we are tolerant of the atrocities that North Korean officials have inflicted on their own people. Even the relatives of the top officials are not safe in North Korea. Opening up a conversation gives respect to people who do not deserve any.

• It's a lost cause

At this point, North Korea are past negotiation. I think most civilized countries - this includes Iran - are not past negotiation, but North Korea are a special case. Right now, the best we can hope for is the inevitable - the implosion of North Korea from within. At that point, the only thing the United States should do is help with the lengthy, expensive reunification process of the impoverished North with the modern, democratic South.

• Obama should not cave to North Korea.

I don't think that the President should talk to North Korea, at all. I think that try to reconcile with North Korea would make America look weak and give them a false sense of superiority that could fuel more problems down the line. I think other lines should be tried first.

• It Legitimizes North Korea

If Obama overreacts and tries to initiate diplomacy with North Korea, he is legitimizing what they are doing. He should just blow them off and ignore them. Prepare in case they are crazy enough to try something, but don't make a big deal of trying stop them. If they realize that we are not scared, it will discourage any moves.
    For the record, I don't think they honestly will do anything.

• Stay out of it.

Obama should not speak with North Korea about what is going on over there. He should stay out of it and focus on the United States. There are more pressing issues here than what other countries want to do. If they talk about hitting us, then that would be another issue.

• Stay out of it.

• No, Obama is way too easy on foreign countries.

I think Obama is way too easy on foreign countries and as a result they do not take him seriously. If he were to talk to North Korea, there is no reason they would listen to him. They believe that they could still do whatever they wanted without worrying about Obama doing anything about it.