Should Obamacare be defunded in the event of a government shutdown?

• Yes by default

We shouldn't even have Obamacare in the first place. It is an attack on personal liberty and freedom of choice. The government should never have a say in what kind of heath care I choose for myself or if any at all. It is unconstitutional. If the government is allowed to dictate our heath insurance, how long do you think it will take before they dictate what our car or house insurance will be? We must get rid of obamacare ASAP.

• Defund Obamacare during Shutdown

Without a doubt, Obamacare should be defunded in the event that a government shutdown occurs. We can't be spending billions on healthcare during a shutdown, and other essential programs should be kept afloat during this time. Too many people suffer during shutdowns, and healthcare costs can be absorbed in other ways.

• No, that would hurt many people.

In the event of a government shut down, which should never happen in the first place, services to lower and middle income people should not be defunded. This is game playing by those at the top and it would be a shame to make their actions deny medical insurance to those who have less.

• Obamacare should not be defunded in the event of a government shutdown.

Obamacare should stay funded even in the event of a government shutdown. Health care is an essential government service. If there is another government shutdown, people will still need to have health insurance. There could be disasterous results if the country is left without a way to pay for this.

• Then It Would Definitely Be Defunded

If politicians like Ted Cruz knew that Obamacare would be defunded if he got the government shut down again, he would be all for the idea, I'm sure. I do not believe Obamacare should be defunded because of a shut down, if people don't like the bill then they should go about the right and legal paths to change it.

• Obamacare Shouldn't Be Defunded

I do not believe Obamacare should be defunded. America needs some kind of universal health care and Obamacare is the closest we have been to this goal. If there are perceived problems with Obamacare then they should be changed through amendments to the existing act. People who want to defund Obamacare tend to be selfish in that they do not believe all citizens desrve proper health care, and to me, that's not true.