• Yes It Should

I believe offshore drilling should be discouraged. Oil is a finite resource and we've collect a lot of oil. I think it is best for us to focus on coming up with alternatives rather than tearing the planet apart trying to get every last drop of oil. We're going to run out, it will happen.

• Our energy needs demand it.

The fact of the matter is that we are still in a world that needs oil. And there just is not enough of that oil to be found with land-based drilling. Offshore drilling should be encouraged, along with government incentives to develop safer and more ethical ways of removing that oil.

• Offshore drilling is a positive

Offshore drilling should be encouraged by the government because it is a safe way to get oil from below the ocean and it helps the economy at the same time. It really helps the local economy will the rigs are located and the energy costs for the population are lowered.

• No, should be enouraged

I think offshore drilling needs to be regulated for safety reasons
    but besides that I think offshore drilling should be widely encouraged,
    less reliance on foreign oil is a very good thing especially since there
    are large amounts of oil right off the coasts of the United States that
    is ready to be drilled.

• No, I don't think offshore drilling should be discouraged.

I think offshore drilling needs to be regulated for safety reasons but besides that I think offshore drilling should be widely encouraged, less reliance on foreign oil is a very good thing especially since there are large amounts of oil right off the coasts of the United States that is ready to be drilled.