• S E C E D E

I am going to assume that the question is suppose to read: Should Okinawa secede from Japan?

This is something Okinawa has considered because they no longer want to play host to American military forces. Prior to 1879 the island was actually its own entity apart from Japan. As an American, I think Okinawa should put more pressure directly on the United States to leave, as an American I would support pulling the troops and military installations out of Okinawa as we shouldn't have to be there anymore in the first place. Ultimately, however, I believe the choice should be left up to the residents of the island.

• Okinawa should not secede from Japan for many reasons, but chiefly because of their shared history, language, and culture.

Okinawa is an island and prefecture which contains the Ryukyu island chain south of Japan which is known for its spectacular views, beautiful rural way of life, regional dialect, and U.S. military influence. Throughout history, different groups administered the islands: local, Chinese, Japanese, and U.S. Their many dialects, known as Ryukyuan, is in the same language family as Japanese, but most young people there speak Japanese. There are many U.S. military bases in Okinawa, which are jointly administered by the U.S. and Japan. Okinawan independence would damage ties to Japan and the U.S. and would reflect a spirit of independence, but may lead to economic and social disasters if Aid is withdrawn. Okinawa is the poorest prefecture in Japan and, in some ways, has come to rely on the support of a larger economy to stay afloat. Additionally, the Chinese contest Japan's sovereignty over the Senakaku islands, and Okinawan secession would muddy the waters on this issue.

• Not at all

No, I do not think that it would be a good idea for this small island to succeed from Japan. I think that if they do, they will have a lot of problems that come up when trying to start their own country, and try to kick off a financial system.

• Okinawa should stay with Japan.

There is no reason for Okinawa to secede from Japan. In fact, it is one of the places that make Japan one of the most unique areas in the world. I know the culture on Okinawa is due to war, but the USA and Okinawans have combined for a great culture, and it's good for Japan.

• Okinawa shuld not suceed from Japan

As it stands today, Okinawa should never suceed from Japan. It is much stronger economically and politically when it is aligned with the Japanese government. Just look at Moldova, a country that suceeded from Romanian, it is now one of the most impoverished countries in the world. Before suceeding, the countries did much better together, and the same could be said for Okinawa.