Should one be able to choose his/her passage to the afterlife through "personal exit strategies?"

• Yes, I believe this should be our right.

Yes, I very much believe that every individual should have the right to exit this life on their own terms. Each and every one of us should be allowed to pre-plan our exit in much the same way people pre-plan their funerals now. I think the day will come when this will be common practice.

• We All Essentially Do

I believe people do have the ability to choose their passage to the afterlife through personal exit strategies. We generally refer to this as suicide and our society generally frowns upon it. I think people go through periods where the contemplate suicide but it eventually goes away and/or it can be treated. While physician assisted suicide may be good for terminally ill patients, we shouldn't encourage perfectly healthy people to do the same.

• This would render religion and lawfulness useless.

One should not be able to choose his/her passage to the afterlife through "personal exit strategies." This is because it would make religion and governmental laws we have on earth useless. One of the reasons people behave in everyday life is because they are told they will be punished if they don't.

• We are life.

No, one should not be able to choose his or her passage to the afterlife through personal exit strategies, because only God should be able to determine when we live and die. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. It would be playing God to allow people to determine when and how they die.