• Why Would You Not Want Organic Foods?!

Processed foods are unhealthy. Organic foods would be healthier for the students and they would also be more attentive and participate more frequently if they had had a good, healthy, sustaining lunch. The lunch prices are already pretty high, so this money could still be used to fund the lunches. While it might be more expensive, organic foods are definitely healthier for students, and could decrease obesity .

• Treated foods have been around for decades

No, I do not believe that only organic foods should be served in schools. Organic foods are fairly expensive and were not in existence in the later years. I grew up eating processed foods such as frozen pizza and pre-made chicken. It did not make me fat or unhealthy of that matter. School meals are not the main meal of a child's day, at least shouldn't be.

• No, it's too expensive.

If there can be locally grown foods and produce that are affordable and natural, that would be best. But to shop for only organic foods with what they cost and their sometimes dubious origins is just silly. A parent is responsible for the nutrition of their child and a few meals a week is just a drop in the bucket.

• It's too expensive.

No, organic foods should not be the only foods served in school, because it would be much more expensive for the taxpayers to buy only organic foods. Also, organic foods are not modified, so they often do not have as good of nutritional content as food that is not organic.

• No, not really.

It would be nice if this were possible, and someday it may be, but I think the focus in schools should be healthier foods in general and portion sizes. You don't have to go organic to do this. Simply choose healthier options and make sure it is all washed properly.

• Organic no, sustainable yes.

No, I don't think that only organic foods deserve to be sold in schools. There is no evidence at all that organic foods are healthier than their non-organic counterparts. However, I'm all in favor of local schools having as sustainable a menu as possible. So I would be in favor of locally grown foods, even if not organic.