• Oral SEX

Yes I believe that oral sex is a sex act. It is just as intimate, if not more so, than sexual intercourse. It is by no means a safe way to have sex since you can still get sexually transmitted diseases. It will always be viewed as a step below actually having intercourse though.

• Oral Sex IS Sex

People should hold oral sex in higher regard of the "sex hierarchy." You can still get a whole bunch of difference sexually transmitted diseases from oral sex and it can be just as intimate (if not more) than sexual intercourse. This is why we should consider oral sex to be considered sex.

• Oral Sex Is Still Sex

It seems baffling that someone might consider oral sex not to be considered a sexual activity. While it may not be considered the "traditional" method of sexual activity, it still involves sexual organs and still produces fluids from the body. There may not be a risk of pregnancy through oral sex, but there is still the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and that should be brought to light to everyone with the label of "Oral Sex."

• Yes It Should

Of course oral sex should be considered a form of sex. It is a sexual activity. I do not see how someone could justify it not being a sexual act. It has all the characteristics of a sexual activity as well. It is labeled the way it should be labeled.

• Absolutely It Is

It's a sex act. You have a new sexual partner after you've done it or had it done to you. What's natural about intercourse? Natural intercourse would last like 10 seconds like how it does for animals. It wouldn't be focused on orgasms or even emotion. People turn intercourse into something it's not naturally. So why can't all the other unnatural sex acts count as much?

• Vincent: Would you give a guy a foot massage?

Of course it's sex. It's right there in the title. There really is no debate here it's about denial. If you don't think oral sex is sex, then you can say you weren't cheating and keep a straight face. This same denial could be used for anal sex or digital penetration .

• It Absolutely Is

It is physical sexual contact between people that involves the genitalia. It is is highly intimate and it can result in an STD. Just because it is not vaginal intercourse does not mean it is not a sexual act that stems from sexual arousal and feelings between people. Those who think it is not sex are fooling themselves to get away with something.

• Of course it is

Oral sex or oral intercourse as it is defined in Merriam-Webster dictionary is: physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person. In my opinion people that don't consider oral sex to be an act of sex, are people who are unfaithful and say it isn't sex so they can be with someone other than their partner and not feel guilty.
    If you ask a cheater if fellatio is sex their answer will be "NO" but if you ask anyone who has been cheated on their answer will be "YES" and as you can tell by my answer that my ex and I did not agree on this debate

• It has the word SEX in it for a reason.

The reason this is even an argument is because people want a way to have sex without having sex. They want to feel good without feeling bad about it. It is also a way to avoid the responsibility of being in a relationship because the risks are lower than traditional sex. You can also get STD's from the commission of it and yes STD's are contracted in the act of sex (hence the name SEXUALLY transmitted diseases).

• The primary purpose of sex is to reproduce

Oral sex cannot result in a child therefore it is not really sex. The reason that humans, or any animal, have sexual organs at all is so they can maintain their existence and have kids. I think there is a unparalleled pleasure that comes with satisfying and being satisfied at the same time through sexual intercourse, especially when one is hoping for a child. It is very subjective but I would classify oral sex as "fooling around"

• Just because Oral Sex has the word sex in it doesn't mean it is sex.

Sexual intercourse is a sex act between a male and a female that involves penile and vaginal contact. During oral sex your vagina and penis do not come into contact with each other. You are still a virgin and it can not result in a pregnancy, in turn oral sex is not sex.

• There is no set definition of what constitutes sex- it's subjective

I have a female friend who is bisexual and has had sexual encounters with both men and women, but I found out the other night that she has never had penetrative sex with a man. However, she doesn’t consider herself a virgin and says that society’s definition of sexual intercourse (“the insertion of a man’s erect penis into a woman’s vagina”) is heteronormative. I agree with her in so far as the definition of sexual intercourse shouldn’t be determined by a single orientation, because it excludes gay and lesbian relationships. With regard to oral sex, personally I don't wouldn't count it the same as sex, but that's my own opinion. Each individual feels differently so if they believe oral sex does count as sex that's up to them.

• Oral Sex Is Fooling Around

The fact is that oral sex is not the same as sexual intercourse. Historically intercourse was important because it resulted in pregnancy. This was important, because fathers (and their families) wanted to make sure the babies they supported really belonged to them. Oral sex cannot result in a baby, so it's not really on the same level as sex.