Should our art (books, music, movies, etc.) be censored by the government?

Asked by: bmackarroni
  • There is a limit

When things get excessively violent or explicit, i believe some censorship should happen because certain things aren't alright to release to the public. I do agree that censorship does get too excessive sometimes and that is very infuriating, but censorship is good to keep unnecessarily explicit things from being exposed to people.

• I don't want this to happen!

What if all the music, movies, art, and TV shows that you love disappeared. What would you do. Would you want that to happen to you? I don't want that to happen to me. My favorite fantasy novels would be censored. I'd have to face the facts. I'd go to jail for reading censored books!

• No i don't believe Art should be censored!

I believe that art is a way to express your self and should not be censored. Art is a thing that is used to express yourself in different ways. Just because something is violent in a movie, book,painting,or music it should not be censored. However I believe that there is a time and place for that. Ultimately I believe that it should be up to the viewers discretion or the child's parents discretion. I don't personally believe that the government should control these types of things in our society.