• Yes our taxes should pay for criminals on death row.

Despite being criminals and even latent criminals who have committed atrocious crimes, nevertheless they are still human beings and thus should be treated with the bare necessities a human being requires for basic needs and comforts. Even though many would argue that one shouldn't even pay for a criminal's state of being, it should be further argued that any and all humans no matter who they are should be given the basic necessities of living.

• I think so!

The money has to come from somewhere! I believe that our taxes should pay for the bare minimal, such as food, clothing and upkeep of the prison. If the prison system does not have money to house these inmates. Then they would be released. I would rather pay for prisoners to be in jail, then have them on the streets!

• There isn't a good alternative.

I really don't think we should have to pay for criminals, but if they are on death row, they probably aren't going to be willing or able to earn anything to contribute to their own keep. I don't think our taxes should pay for anything more than the minimum, though. If they're bad enough to get the death penalty, I don't want to pay for anything more than food.

• Yes, because we're paying for our safety.

Our taxes should be paying for criminals on death row. If they were sentenced to death, then they obviously are horrific people and should be kept in prison. This is a small price to pay to keep evil people off of our streets to potentially hurt more or "train" others to do what they do.

• By paying taxes for the criminals on death row, we are keeping ourselves and others safe from them.

Yes, I think that our taxes should pay from criminals on death row. The money has got to come from somewhere, and I just think that it's our duty to contribute. By paying taxes for the criminals on death row, we are keeping ourselves and others safe from them, because they are being contained.

• No, we should not pay for criminals on death row.

People should have to willingly keep someone on death row by paying their way. The inmate and their families or friends can pay the bill. If they decide not to pay then the inmate dies before their appeals are up. I shouldn't have to pay for a murderer to sit around.

• No, I do not believe the American tax payers should pay for people on death row.

If they have committed something so dastardly and they have the audacity to ask the American people to pay for there crimes, they're insane! I would much rather have them deported and or executed humanly than have to pay for there crimes. I didn't commit the crime, why should I pay for it? Our tax could go towards the debt and economy, not the criminals on death row. I understand they are still human beings, but I do not want to live knowing my money goes towards criminals!

• We as American tax payers should not have to pay for criminals on death row.

I understand that regardless the crime they are still human, however, if they had the audacity to commit a crime worth such punishment, they and or their families should pay for there actions, not us. Also, paying for death row helps them get out, not stay in, in my honest opinion, I believe that if you have done the crime, you are guilty and put on death row, you should be kicked from the country, or executed humanly.