• Why PE should be a core subject

I vote for yes because i like pe and i often do it everyday and i didnt realize that a always get A star.I also vote yes because every one like PE and if people hate PE they should start liking it and i hope this continues to be a success

• Why PE should be a core subject

• Why PE should be a core subject

• Why PE should be a core subject

• Why PE should be a core subject

• Why PE should be a core subject

• PE needs to be a core subject

Look America, we are proven to the most obese country and we need to make PE a core subject so our children can live their lives in shape and free of getting bullied. Lets be honest. Most bullies comment on fitness and PE will help reduce obesity and therefore reduce bullying.

• That state of fitness of our young people in this country

The amount of students that are in middle school and below who now have to have a sugar test and cholesterol test are enough of a supporting argument for regular physical activity to be a part of our educational system as a core subject. Physical Educators teach more than sports. We teach students how to handle defeat, how to work with others who may not be as strong as you are physically but can offer so much to a group. Physical Education teaches confidence in ones self for both boys and girls.

• Teaching healthy lifestyles

I think P.E should definitely be a core subject. I believe there is a lot of benefits to P.E and if taught with the right curriculum students can benefit from being in P.E. There has been studies done that has shown improvement in behavior and grades from students who participate in a well taught physical education program. I think physical education can be more than a class where students plays games and do physical activity. I believe it can be much more than that. I think students can learn to be healthy and live healthy to benefit them in the long run. I think students can learn that with exercise and movement it also exercises their brain which can help them with their studies. P.E doesn't have to be about who is fit and who is not. It's about learning how to life healthy and being able to know how to properly exercise to benefit themselves. There is a saying that goes give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish he eats for a lifetime. It's just not enough to provide 30 minutes of P.E and expect students to be healthy. It's not going to happen, but if we teach students a healthy lifestyle they will be equipped with the tools to live healthy.

• PE as a core subject- No, Required subject- Yes

I think for a subject to be considered a core subject, the class must be able to be tested. Core subjects are those that are on standardized test. They are measurable subjects. Can Physical Education be measurable, sure, but is it going to be the same fore all children like standardized tests are, no. I think the only way to make PE testable is to test over health knowledge. However, I do feel that PE should be required for all students to have at least 30 minutes a day. The rates of obesity are sky rocketing and the amount of children that are having health problems because of their weight is through the roof. Children are spending more and more time in front of electronics and are not playing outside after school the way that I did when I was a child. Children are spending more time being sedentary than they are being active, and they probably aren't getting the appropriate nutrition either. As educators, our job is to prepare students for their future and educate them in order to have successful lives. Shouldn't their health be one of these subjects we educate on. When children don't get PE at school, in a structured learning environment, we could be taking away their only chance in the day in order to be active and learn about healthy lifestyles. PE is so much more than just children running around in a gym playing some sort of game to burn off energy, which is the typical stereotype. PE, when done right is structured, educational, and beneficial. That is what should be required, but to say that its a testable core subject I think is a little bit of a play on words.

• PE can attract mild anxiety!

Really? PE?! Some people don't enjoy it as they might be bad at it (like me). As a student, I always feel embarrassed to do PE. I always used to mess up and have an anxious feeling. That anxious feeling soon turned into anxiety. Also, does kicking a ball yet you anywhere in life? If you wanna be a footballer- yes, maybe. But it only gives you fame (if your lucky) and money. But money isn't everything and becoming a teacher gives you money AND you helping the next generation. And a little bit of fame.

• N-O spells no!

It should completley be up to the student's family or the student to decide whether or not they should participate in physical activity in school. Also, being underweight or overweight somehow affects your mark, which is utterly stupid. Another thing, if an individual is not active at home that also lowers their mark for some reason! One does not simply "learn" physical education, but school is for LEARNING. Some kid may have less pj=hysical ability and P.E lowers your mark if a child is not good at dribbling a ball, or hitting a birdie. Schools should provide optional gym activities for students who want to, not make everyone do it.

• Waste of Educational Resources and Student Time

The idea that PE creates a habit of exercise that, in turn, reduces obesity is a self-evident falsehood. At the individual level, anyone who has taken high school PE, which is virtually everyone, knows that any good habits they may have were not developed as a result of their PE classes. At the population level, we have universal PE education, and yet obesity is increasing.

• Pointless core subject

P.E is a pointless core subject that doesn't allow you to lose an incredible amount of weight in a 1 hour lesson due to the poor teaching skills because the pe teacher is overweight anyways. You also doesn't receive any sort of qualifications or even a participation award at the end of your school year making it a pointless and time wasting core lesson which you could spend that whole lesson revising for a more important lesson like maths or even English.

• Pointless core subject

• No P.E should not be a core subject.

Although P.E. is good for helping keeping kids active, it should not be a core subject as those who have lesser strength then others will easily not succeed as those with a greater deal of strength or endurance. By leaving it as a partial subject it allows kids to focus more on the educational part of their lives instead of worrying about how to make their bodies fit.

• And you wonder why we hate school

While I recognise that PE might be enjoyable for some and certainly support the idea of PE being offered as a class option, I cannot support the idea of making it a core subject. I am a high school student taking three AP classes. I am also heavily involved in my school's drama department. I have a lot going on, but for me, PE was the worst most stressful part of my entire day. I enjoy being outside and being active-I'd take you up on a hike any day-but running around inside a hot, stuffy gymnasium being taunted by the more athletic kids and getting bad grades in PE because I have coordination to speak of was embarassing, miserable, and absolutely useless. My freshman year, I was required to take PE, and I had no "destressing" class; it would have been the choir class the PE requirement forced me to cut. I can't understand how people expect us to enjoy our school experience and yet seem bound and determined to make us miserable and prevent people like me-a prospective Creative Writing and Vocal Music major-from taking classes that are ACTUALLY RELEVANT and enjoyable as well as educational.

• Not Enjoyable and counterproductive

People are by nature rebellious. Much of the reason so many children, particularly teenagers as the rebellious mindset is a common characteristic of young adults, hate school is because they /have/ to do it. If we require physical exercise in school, it won't achieve the goal of encouraging students to be more active throughout their entire lives; it will make them resent the "punishment", hate exercise, and be even less likely to do it in the future, therefore rendering the idea of requiring physical education entirely counterproductive and utterly useless.
    Additionally, many students (as I mentioned above) do not enjoy PE class, and how can we possibly claim to be offering to our students the opportunity to truly enjoy learning if they feel they're wasting time running around and being miserable instead of in English, or History, or Art, learning something they really care about. Much of the reason kids and teens don't do well in school-and much of the problem with our society-is that they simply don't enjoy learning. How can they, if we're taking away the chance for them to take a class they love by forcing them through a ridiculous ritual of running around and being humiliated by the class athletes?

• How to give kids with disabilities a real handicap

I'm all for exercise, but PE as a core subject? That would make it count the same as an academic subject for calculating GPAs, and Lord help a bright student who's applying for colleges but happens to have a disability such as asthma or arthritis or just happens to be a bit clumsy. Not every PE teacher is kind enough to give you at least a B for showing up and trying to the best of your ability. There are some who will grudgingly give you a barely passing grade unless you're frankly an athlete, and I've had a few of those. Luckily that was when the New York City schools left minor subjects off our transcripts, so all those mean teachers could do was, as we said in Brooklyn and Queens, 'call you a pisher'. Make PE a core subject and they can do real damage. Is that what any rational person wants?