• A Good Butt Whipping Hurts No One

Contrary to popular pop psychology beliefs a good spanking coupled with proper discipline does not harm a child. Often people confuse spanking with beatings and abuse and they are not the same. Spanking a child comes from the need to correct a child's bad behavior. Abuse comes from irrational rage and has no objective but to do harm. For those of us who are old enough to remember when being paddled in school was okay the children did not dare act out because they knew a good paddling good spanking from their parents would occur so they behaved. And because of this most of the time the teach did not have to paddle the student. All he or she had to do was threaten to do it and the student would straighten up. Nowadays the schools are so afraid of being sued by parents who don't want their precious angels paddled that the students have taken over the schools. They are physically and verbally abusive to their classmates and teachers and do so because they know nothing will be done to them. Granted paddling alone isn't the cure all for bad students but a good discipline plan coupled with sound counseling and a paddle can be.

• Knock some respect into the little darlings.

Kids are pretty basic. You can't talk to or reason with them, but they understand brute force. I never ended up in the Principal's office for a paddling, but I can tell you that the mere thought of being smacked with the wooden board of conformity was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow path. Sometimes a little fear is a good thing.

• High School Student!!

I believe that is should come back. People report that the crime rates, the gang's have increased. Parents these day can't discipline their children causing them to act out, talk back, and rage out. All the elders out here were spanked and they have came out respectful. I have a little brother that is horrible, my mom never spanked him, my older brother and I have been spanked and don't even act like he does.

• Spanking is good

Spanking is good cause it is scary. I don't like getting spanked. I don't know what else to say besides that spanking is good and it should be aloud in schools. I think that when kids are bad they should be spanked. Spanking is really really really good. The end

• Should paddling be allowed in schools?

Paddling should be allowed in schools in the interest of order in those schools. Paddling as a disciplinary tool has several advantages over the various alternatives, such as, detention, in-school suspension, out-of- school suspension and various other time consuming punishments. A misbehaving student can be disciplined and returned to the learning process in a very short time when the discipline is a paddling. A good paddling takes no more than a minute or so. The other measures listed, take the student out of class and waste that student's time in a process that does not facilitate learning, and in some circumstances, takes time away from the student that could be spent in study. For paddling to be effective, however, the classroom teacher must be the person responsible for imposing the sanction. Sending the student to the office or waiting until the end of the day or waiting until the next day are all inadequate approaches because they expend too much time and they delay discipline unnecessarily. The more immediate the sanction, the more effective the sanction. Students who know that discipline will quickly follow misbehavior will adjust their behavior accordingly. A few paddlings early in the school year will suffice to establish in the minds of the students the consequences of disrupting class and, thereby, reduce the undesirable behaviors significantly. For paddling to be an effective disciplinary measure, all students must be subject to the sanction. Parents can not be allowed to exempt their children from paddling or the deterrent effect of paddling will be lost on those exempted. When it becomes necessary to paddle a student, it should be done quickly and publicly, and it's severity should be sufficient to instill a reasonable fear of retribution in the student paddled and in his or her fellow students. My sixth grade teacher had the method perfected. One day in the early fall, the class was disorderly and after several verbal warnings, my teacher pointed out three boys that had been integral in causing the disorder, and directed them into the hallway. The three boys sauntered out making it obvious that they were unconcerned by their impending discipline. My teacher followed them into the hallway, paddle in hand. Expending perhaps two minutes, my teacher delivered five stinging licks to each of the boys' bottoms; each lick soundied like a gunshot echoing in the hallway. He,then, escorted the boys back into class. They returned with tear streaked faces, rubbing their burning behinds, looking sheepish and embarrassed. Those paddlings were the last paddlings that my teacher had to impose on anyone for months. Behavior in the class improved dramatically. The boys paddled learned a lesson the hard way and the rest of the class heard and saw the consequences of misbehavior in that sixth grade classroom, and adjusted their behaviors accordingly. I remember this lesson well because I was one of the three boys and I resolved that day to avoid another meeting with my teacher's paddle at all costs.

• Paddling for behavioral issues

I support Paddling in schools for behavioral issues only not academic. Paddling should never be done for failing a test or not doing homework but it should be available for bad behavior such as disrupting the class or insubordination. It should be a last resort and limited to no more than 3 whacks

• I got it

I got paddled In school plenty of times. I deserved it every time. It taught me there are consequence for my actions. I think schools should be allowed to paddle students when needed. Especially in Jr. High and high school, paddling does boys a lot of good. It got it in school and I'm normal

• Kids deserve a good paddling

A a a a a a. A. A a a a. A. A a a a a. A a. A a a a a a. A a a. A a. A a a a. A a a a a. A a a a a a. A a. A a. A

• We need to know some sence into these lil bratz

These days kids hurt other kids and expect no punishment, also, if you suspend them it's just like a vacation. When parents can't control they're kids they have to have someplace to go for they're child to get discipline, and I am pretty sure that kids will stop this behavior if they have consequences...

• Vff d d

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• I don't want my child coming home with marks on her face.

I can punish my own child if she is bad cause i feel that it's wrong to hit other parent's children because they might get so mad they might take there child out of the school and probably tell other parent's and there won't be anymore children in that school because the child was paddled.

• Eee e e

E ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

• Paddling in schools.

Its not a teacher's place to correct someone else's child. However I do support the parental rights of spanking their child at home or public. I will give a close relative or permission and a babysitter that I can trust to occasionally smack my child on the leg or behind only 2-3 strikes with their hand only. Teachers will have to be my approval before they actually do a spanning or else I will have to come up to the school to administer it. If my child did something to effect his or her safety then I will approve it.

• No, I myself say paddling is a bad way to punish kids.

I myself was paddled when I was a kid but now in our generation is all fucked (sorry for the word ) up (2016) all I could say is that I've seen one that was too much. We could punish them in a way of doing not physicaly but just to talk to them first. If not do something that could help that person or child than just answering to go to paddling. A child's mum was forced to say yes to paddling or else she would be in jail. The mom of the child said " I couldn't do anything " I cried while watching the video of the kid being paddled. The kid pleaded for help yet the mum couldn't do anything. After the paddling had finish the kid was quite in truma. Whenever the mom would get near the kid the kid would say " Mum please don't hit me " . I myself stand for that paddling should not be allowed !!!

• Should kids be paddled in school?

No kids should not be paddled in school because then that would basically be child abuse because you are not there parent so there for you should not be allowed to paddle them.Also kids dont come to school to misbehave and then get whooped,they come to school to learn new things so they can get far in life.Also when they get in trouble at school a simple detention whould do the trick for you and when the get home let there parents deal with it.And mabe if there parents paddled them at home then you would not even have to worry about it.

• No no and hell no

My child is just that. My child. No one will paddle my child but me. The schools tend to not ever get to the truth of a ny situation and the innocent child receives the discipline. I will not e error allow the school to put Ishmael my child. EVER

• No!!! Abuse!! Why!!

I think this is really not right to have paddling in schools because i highly believe its abuse because some parents or teacher might whip a child to hard or harder then they can handle also because people with problem cant help what they do so they need to not paddle

• No not fair

No not fair people should be able to speak their own kids I don't need someone else to do it for them if they do something wrong they need to call their parents and have their parents because it's like child-abuse of somebody else you wouldn't want somebody spank you if you were a child because that someone else you don't know very well putting their hands on you

• No not fair