• A Good Butt Whipping Hurts No One

Contrary to popular pop psychology beliefs a good spanking coupled with proper discipline does not harm a child. Often people confuse spanking with beatings and abuse and they are not the same. Spanking a child comes from the need to correct a child's bad behavior. Abuse comes from irrational rage and has no objective but to do harm. For those of us who are old enough to remember when being paddled in school was okay the children did not dare act out because they knew a good paddling good spanking from their parents would occur so they behaved. And because of this most of the time the teach did not have to paddle the student. All he or she had to do was threaten to do it and the student would straighten up. Nowadays the schools are so afraid of being sued by parents who don't want their precious angels paddled that the students have taken over the schools. They are physically and verbally abusive to their classmates and teachers and do so because they know nothing will be done to them. Granted paddling alone isn't the cure all for bad students but a good discipline plan coupled with sound counseling and a paddle can be.

• Knock some respect into the little darlings.

Kids are pretty basic. You can't talk to or reason with them, but they understand brute force. I never ended up in the Principal's office for a paddling, but I can tell you that the mere thought of being smacked with the wooden board of conformity was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow path. Sometimes a little fear is a good thing.

• High School Student!!

I believe that is should come back. People report that the crime rates, the gang's have increased. Parents these day can't discipline their children causing them to act out, talk back, and rage out. All the elders out here were spanked and they have came out respectful. I have a little brother that is horrible, my mom never spanked him, my older brother and I have been spanked and don't even act like he does.

• Spanking is good

Spanking is good cause it is scary. I don't like getting spanked. I don't know what else to say besides that spanking is good and it should be aloud in schools. I think that when kids are bad they should be spanked. Spanking is really really really good. The end

• Kids brag about going to the office

What good does discipline do if the kids are not scared of getting chewed out? I am a 7th grader at vikanstudent middle school and I know for a fact that kids aren't scared of getting discipline. Most of them even brag if they went to the principal's office. That would all change if teachers could spank. Kids would be scared of discipline, and behavior would improve dramatically. We should reinstate spanking

• Kids brag about going to the office

• Kids brag about going to the office

• Kids brag about going to the office

• No way way

I say NO WAY!! What lesson are you trying to teach the kids! If you were a teacher doing it than your kids/students will leave your school. So knock it off. I am a filth grader at bull run and if you try to argue about this i will..... Never mind you savages.

• No way way

• There are better ways

The teacher could have a parent teacher conference or the student could get extra school work. I don't like it and I don't think its right. Students who get smacked all the time, will think it's OK to smack someone when they need to solve their own problems. I have never been hit with a paddle before but I still don't think kids should get hit with a paddle.

• It causes more issues then it sovles

Paddling may seem like a good idea because the idea of a physical punishment is much more scary then say getting sent to the office and that might scare some students into not breaking the rules but how schools that actually use paddling handle it is they give them a choice. For example say a kid gets in trouble for hitting another student that student would get a choice get a paddling or a non physical punishment that most schools give out. Sure it will scare some students but the fear factor is basically non existent because it is a choice. And the students whose parents tell them to pick the paddling over other punishments because they don't want them to miss school get used to the paddling and just simply don't care about the paddling and the ones that get paddled to much will develop issues related to the beatings which end up ruining there life. So paddling is a no win situation and is best avoided besides it is the parents job to disciple their kid to have the school do is a awful idea.

• No way way

• No way way

• No way way

• No way way

• I don't want my child coming home with marks on her face.

I can punish my own child if she is bad cause i feel that it's wrong to hit other parent's children because they might get so mad they might take there child out of the school and probably tell other parent's and there won't be anymore children in that school because the child was paddled.

• Eee e e

E ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

• Paddling in schools.

Its not a teacher's place to correct someone else's child. However I do support the parental rights of spanking their child at home or public. I will give a close relative or permission and a babysitter that I can trust to occasionally smack my child on the leg or behind only 2-3 strikes with their hand only. Teachers will have to be my approval before they actually do a spanning or else I will have to come up to the school to administer it. If my child did something to effect his or her safety then I will approve it.