• A Good Butt Whipping Hurts No One

Contrary to popular pop psychology beliefs a good spanking coupled with proper discipline does not harm a child. Often people confuse spanking with beatings and abuse and they are not the same. Spanking a child comes from the need to correct a child's bad behavior. Abuse comes from irrational rage and has no objective but to do harm. For those of us who are old enough to remember when being paddled in school was okay the children did not dare act out because they knew a good paddling good spanking from their parents would occur so they behaved. And because of this most of the time the teach did not have to paddle the student. All he or she had to do was threaten to do it and the student would straighten up. Nowadays the schools are so afraid of being sued by parents who don't want their precious angels paddled that the students have taken over the schools. They are physically and verbally abusive to their classmates and teachers and do so because they know nothing will be done to them. Granted paddling alone isn't the cure all for bad students but a good discipline plan coupled with sound counseling and a paddle can be.

• Knock some respect into the little darlings.

Kids are pretty basic. You can't talk to or reason with them, but they understand brute force. I never ended up in the Principal's office for a paddling, but I can tell you that the mere thought of being smacked with the wooden board of conformity was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow path. Sometimes a little fear is a good thing.

• High School Student!!

I believe that is should come back. People report that the crime rates, the gang's have increased. Parents these day can't discipline their children causing them to act out, talk back, and rage out. All the elders out here were spanked and they have came out respectful. I have a little brother that is horrible, my mom never spanked him, my older brother and I have been spanked and don't even act like he does.

• Kids should be spanked!

I think kids should be paddled in school. When I was little I was spanked if I did something bad and it put me in line real quick, and now i'm threatened with the belt and it puts me in line real quick as well. Kids should be given 2 warning in school and if they continue to act up they should be taken out of the class and paddled just enough to were it would hurt but not leave a mark. Now a days simple detentions or parent reports aren't enough, bad kids need to be spanked. Spanking isn't abuse, it doesn't leave a mark but it sure as heck scares the crap out of kids, enough to the point were they won't do it again. It's a very good form of punishment and it should be brought back in schools.

• Kids need to get paddled

Taking paddles out of schools is about as smart as taking away our police officers guns and telling everyone to obey our laws..Yeah right!!..How freaking smart would that be..Every body would be out of hand real soon..Just like schools where no paddling is allowed..You stupid folks..Wake the fuck up and be realistic..Kids need to be paddled to teach them obey their teachers , so she can help them get their education and be good people

• If you're going to do something, DO IT RIGHT

My father was a high school English teacher in the 60s. He was also a baseball and tennis coach, so he knew how to sling lumber. The students in his class knew the rules and what would constitute a corporal punishment. Among the 30-40 signatories on his two handed, 3 foot long paddle is the 64-65 class presidents signature scrawled 4 times, that paddle is hanging in my office. My Dad will still get stopped by his former students and thanked for being one of the best teachers he/she ever had. That's right folks, he didnt spare the fairer sex.

I had the experience of earning three swats from that paddle, and i guarantee I NEVER repeated the action that earned me that punishment EVER AGAIN. Did I get paddled often? No, but I earned every one i ever received. I am not a sociopath, nor am I malajusted in any form or manner due to the punishment rendered.

Banning the practice is one of the dumber things I have been inflicted on our society. Remember children need adults to remind them they aren't in charge, and parents need to take into account that sometimes, their cherub needs a redirection of attitude.

• Children are out of control.

First of all it comes down to the parents who not teaching their children about good and bad or they fail train them at home. When my father went to school if children were paddled at school they surely would when they arrived home with a note or report from their teacher. A parent would've spanked their kids at home for getting spanked at school when doing something wrong or to deserve it. Another option is that parents should spank their children in public places and that includes public schools

• Children are out of control.

• Kids brag about going to the office

What good does discipline do if the kids are not scared of getting chewed out? I am a 7th grader at vikanstudent middle school and I know for a fact that kids aren't scared of getting discipline. Most of them even brag if they went to the principal's office. That would all change if teachers could spank. Kids would be scared of discipline, and behavior would improve dramatically. We should reinstate spanking

• Kids brag about going to the office

• Problems at home

I say no because what if some might have problems at home because there parents might hit them and the students might run away because they don't want to get anymore if there bad trust me I've seen it all and it's horrible.I'm a parent my self I have two kids myself

• Problems at home

• Because it will bruise and hart children

It herts it has a lot of power they nee a iss in the building and put them in that the paddle leaves mark and then parents get mad and stuff the people make a Sean for nothing and the cops get involved I think theyvshould band paddling for ever

• No stop now

As a young child it can be traumatizing to get hit.
    And it can cause psychological problems in kids.
    And years latter can cause them to have counselling.
    And in a world were hitting your dog is illegal but hitting a kid is not
    i really don't want to live

• High school student

If I was a parent, my child would be spanked by no one else but me and my husband and if anyone else laid a finger on them, they would find themselves tied up in a law suit!!
    I believe in spanking, but in schools? NOOOOOPEEEE!!!!
    There's a snowball chance in hell of me changing my mind!!!

• Nawwwww nope not happening

This ain't right for kids to get paddled at school it is not accectable for this to happen t kids what if the kid comes home with marks on their face then what we are going to come after you for hitting on my child like that this is no right

• There are better ways

The teacher could have a parent teacher conference or the student could get extra school work. I don't like it and I don't think its right. Students who get smacked all the time, will think it's OK to smack someone when they need to solve their own problems. I have never been hit with a paddle before but I still don't think kids should get hit with a paddle.

• It causes more issues then it sovles

Paddling may seem like a good idea because the idea of a physical punishment is much more scary then say getting sent to the office and that might scare some students into not breaking the rules but how schools that actually use paddling handle it is they give them a choice. For example say a kid gets in trouble for hitting another student that student would get a choice get a paddling or a non physical punishment that most schools give out. Sure it will scare some students but the fear factor is basically non existent because it is a choice. And the students whose parents tell them to pick the paddling over other punishments because they don't want them to miss school get used to the paddling and just simply don't care about the paddling and the ones that get paddled to much will develop issues related to the beatings which end up ruining there life. So paddling is a no win situation and is best avoided besides it is the parents job to disciple their kid to have the school do is a awful idea.

• No way way

I say NO WAY!! What lesson are you trying to teach the kids! If you were a teacher doing it than your kids/students will leave your school. So knock it off. I am a filth grader at bull run and if you try to argue about this i will..... Never mind you savages.

• No way way