• Support those who NEED a hand up not those who WANT a hand out.

Its an eyesore. Not to mention they wouldn't be homeless unless they had some serious issues. I drive a truck for a living and deliver food to restaurants locally. In my experiences most homeless people panhandle during the day and then get so bent at night they don't know what planet they are on. They aee killing themselves with the toxic bs they inject snort smoke or eat anyway. I say take the sympathy and money from them and let God sort them out. Why not donate your money to something that actually makes a differance like ST JUDES, OR THE SHRINERS... ETC... Atleast that way it goes to those who are in need but sincerely need just a hand up not a hand out?

• Give to shelters instead

There are plenty of shelters out there to help people who really do need the help. Why waste your good charity money on a person who is just to lazy to get a real job. So donate and volunteer for the shelters, food kitchens, and organizations to put your money to good use.

• Panhandling should be prohibited.

Yes, panhandling should be prohibited. There are many individuals who panhandle close to my home and though I feel sorry for their situation, I find it dangerous that many choose to stand on the median strips of busy roads. I worry for their safety and mine. I wish there was an easier way to disseminate information regarding where they can go for help. Perhaps billboards with directions on where to reach the closest homeless shelter.

• Yes it should.

While I do sympathize with people who are poor, homeless, or some combination thereof, I do not condone the act of panhandling. It is a bother and is not something that anyone really wants to deal with. It is already illegal in many places already, and should be banned everywhere.

• Rvfevfvvfvfv g g

R c v g g f f f g t g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g t t t t t t t t t t t t t f f f f

• Panhandling should not be allowed.

I feel panhandling so not be allowed because they can make a lot of money in one day. There are also panhandlers on disability and food stamps but they have shelters and churches that offer food. If you are offered free food and housing and you still try not to get a job or help for yourself and just live off the kindness of others, why should it be okay to take money from people.

• Panhandling should be prohibited

According to my predictions, panhandling should very well be prohibited in all fifty states coast to coast because if anyone is caught panhandling, will very well be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and that is what I said and I am not even fooling around one bit

• Pan handleer deer

F f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f ff ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Pan handleer deer

• Pan handleer deer

• Panhandling should be legal it's not even a question.

Asking for money in any form is soliciting alms. A protected first amendment right. It is legal and should stay that way. If you feel uncomfortable seeing someone destitute and in need. Help them! Even if you just help one person get on their feet you are changing the world.

• Pan handleer deer

• Pan handleer deer

• Pan handleer deer

• Pan handleer deer

• Pan handleer deer

• Its your decision

If you walk past a panhandler in public you dont HAVE to give them anything so why does it matter? (plus to all the people that think they spend all the money on drugs or anything like that recent studies prove that 93% of all panhandlers spend it on the food they need)

• Ignorance in America

This country is so quick to claim "I'm a born again Christian " the bible says never turn your back on those in need. Not everyone is a drug addict or alcoholic . Not everyone can just go out and get a job. Some are disabled and unable to work. These charities they don't always help. They dont give meat or milk eggs etc. You live on beans and rice and water if you can get water. Americans judge without knowledge of thr situation. They throw everyone in a certain group into the same boat and help it sink. Sad thing is i remain clean one way or another and ckean clothes. I NEVER ask for money. I just set a dish next to me if they choose to help thats great if not thats fine. But people still go into the store an complain and i did nothing to hurt them or disturb them.That's what amazes me. And how is it panhandling if you dont have a sign and you dont ask anyone for money? I pray it doesn't happen to anyone. Even the haters spewing ignorance jugements and hate. Think. One day it could be you. That quick.

• It shouldn't even be debated

It's all a matter of freedom of speech!
    I am one of the disabled homeless in Coeur d Alene ID.
    The cities just want the homeless to go away. As a analogy
    its like a dirty uncle. The family knows of him, but he is not
    wanted or invited to family functions.
    Cities like CDA assume they are progressive & cater to the wealthy
    and rich that come to our lakes from other states. They don't want
    the dirty homeless to be wandering the city or certainly not holding
    up a sign asking for a sign of human kindness in the way of money!
    I have hurt my back 20 years ago ( 58 years old ) and then again 2
    years ago and because of that I lost my job and every thing I owned.
    I even lost custody of my son!
    I have tried every governmental agency local and federal ( SS disability) but have got no help!
    This country should be ashamed of the way it treats it most at risk
    and venerable citizens!
    Why does Washington DC send millions to Syrian refugee's for tents,
    sleeping bags, cloths food and transportation and we homeless citizens get the BIG F ____ YOU? Why ????
    They just don't care is WHY!

• Panhandling helps people survive

Panhandling is an important thing for homeless people. The fact that prohibiting it would improve daily life is not true for everyone. Homeless people have a lot more problems than you. You shouldn't say "Those homeless people are disturbing my walk", when the homeless are struggling to survive on the street.

Posted by: maxe