Should parents allow their children to cuddle with their boyfriend/girlfriend?

Asked by: WolfieBlue
  • Affection is important

I only bring up this topic because of my mother. I am 15 and my girlfriend is 13. I know the age gap is a little alarming, but let me assure you I love her very very much and i know she loves me. Her parents like me and are fine with us cuddling, but my mom on the other hand, not so much. I always ask her why that is, but she says "I am your mother I don't need to explain it to you". But her mom is totally cool with it. It's really sad cuz my mom totally lied to me. She told me she saw my girlfriends mom at a restaurant and the talked about it and she said she agrees that we shouldn't cuddle. But i did hear her mother say with my own ears that she doesn't care. Wow, that hurts...
    PS. We have been together for 3 months. And we make out A LOT and i think my mom is more comfortable with us making out. Like damn there will be days where we make out so much that our lips hurt.

• Depends on the age

If they're underage they should probably keep an eye on them so it doesn't go further but if they're of legal age to have sex then it is none of their business really.

Plus, it depends, if it's a daughter the dad's more likely to be angered by it but if it's his son then "WHEEY GO AHEAD BOY, HIT IT". A lot of things come into play that are ridiculous but overall of course, cuddling is wonderful.

• Nothing wrong with it

I had the same issue with my mom when I was your age. I am currently 4 months shy of being 18 and now she doesn't seem to have as much of a problem as she did then. My mom always told me she saw it as "inappropriate" for our age. It could be that she thinks y'all are too young and she doesn't want it to progress into something more. Also you guys haven't been dating that long so maybe she wants you to build your relationship in other ways before you get to that kind of stuff. I can tell you that if your mom is anything like mine she'll have to adjust as you age. In the meantime, you can try to talk to her about it and state why you don't think it's such a big deal and reassure her that you two aren't trying to go further than that. Maybe tell her that you'd be willing to cuddle on a couch where anyone can see you at any given time instead of it being a more private place like a bed. Overall, I don't find anything wrong with it, I actually feel as though it can be a big part of bonding in any relationship. Keep in mind parents can be tough to deal with when it comes to their children growing up. Good luck!

• Under penalty of death

I say rip their toe nails out and shove bamboo shoots up their fingernails! Hang them by their eyelids rip one of their kindness out and force feed them dog food! Drop them in boiling oil and serve them with a side of fries! Wait, this was about whether or not teenagers should be able to cuddle with their boyfriend/girlfriend? I thought it was about what should happen if they ate the last slice of Zukini bread.

• No! Hell no.

No just no i mean come on. Noon on non non no no no no no no no no no no noon o no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nov no no no no no no no no nov no no

Vox_Veritas says2016-06-29T17:10:06.037
Uh, sure, but the cover pic shows them doing a lot more than just "cuddling".
Reigon says2016-06-29T19:33:58.220
This site is not for your teenage relationship drama.
harrytruman says2016-06-30T02:24:37.247
Under penalty of death.