Should parents be able to choose the sex of their children?

• Yes we should

Everyone has a right to have a child or not, so why not a chose which gender? As for people using "God has a reason" would it not be better for people to chose the gender then abort it? Technological advancement not has enabled us to find which gender the baby is and some will not be happy, abort it, and try again. So wouldn't it be better for the person to chose instead of aborting it until they get the right one.

Also the child suffered. People sometimes do not get the gender and end up taking it out on the child. Like "I would like you if you were a boy" or vice Versa. Yes some of us would take care of it no matter what gender but others wouldn't.

• Of course we should

It's my baby and It's my right. I think I'm the one who should decide on this. If I had sex to make a baby then I should choose my baby's gender. In fact that would be perfect. Every couples should have the right to comment on their baby. It's requirement.

• Yes I think parents should be allowed to choose the sex of their kids

If it can be done in a way that won't damage the integrity of the pregnancy process, I see nothing wrong with choosing the child's sex. I don't think of course a parent should be allowed to terminate a pregnancy because they are having a sex they don't want, but if they can choose ahead of time I am ok with them doing so.

• Parents could pick create child's room before child is born.

How impossibly annoying would it be if your UV scan said your child was a girl, so you got a girls room prepared but when the child was born it was a boy. All I'm saying is that allowing parents to pick a child's gender would make life a WHOLE lot easier!!

• Gtrfvc4trr4egt5 t g 5y 5tr

Tft4fytrbgv t64y6yhh6h i6ioioy6 huo6yh 6 hohtgohg5toh g5oio ohh u hoi gioh5toi huh o o4tg gtgt 4tgo goh io6io 5tt oyhi6 poi i o gh hoh 4ohtgoih o hih oi ih6 io ihio6h ioh ih io6h p oj gbobo o wji i jj ij b ow boih yyj j o hoih ohuobiou

• Gtrfvc4trr4egt5 t g 5y 5tr

• Yes because yes

B b h h h j j I I I. I j kj j. Kj j j j j kj j j k k j j kj k k k k kk k k. Kk k k k k k k k k k. K. Kk. Kk k I I I

• Yes because yes

• Yes because yes

• Omkg ths is goodsd

Omg this is bad ui dopn´t like to rightn much so i will rite as much as i want and if i dopnpt have enough forces i will only copy some wordas and it wii be the zzombiw apocalipse incitiaorit omg ti am gouin to succieed iobiogrndgron b eruo dfbj df

• Of course not!

Why would a parent get to chose? To make the child suffer from being in the wrong body? It's THEIR body and mind, NOT yours! Yes, you made the child, but why would you want to ruin their life by saying that you cannot be who you really are? You're basically making them live a lie!
    I don't think it's right to chose what your child does.
    You should love your child no matter what.

• Technology Should Not Rule Every Aspect of Life

We should appreciate what we have and having a healthy baby is a gift. We should give up our sense of entitlement on at least something as precious as this. Just because we are able to do something technologically speaking, doesn't mean we should do it. Let's think this out a bit.

• Balance of Gender

Parents that choose the gender of their children do not take into consideration the population as a whole. As it is the ratio of males to females is roughly 1:1 and that is due to nature choosing the gender for us. If people were to choose the gender of their children it would throw out this balance. If people were to choose, there could be a massive effect on the gender balance in the population. If too many males were birthed, the population would dramatically decrease with an excess of males to females, who can only birth about one child per year. The same would happen if too many females were birthed (Provided the men didn't cheat, unlikely I say. If men did cheat population would decrease dramatically, if they did it would increase dramatically.) . To throw out the balance of genders in the population it would affect the population itself, which is already on an increase. I say leave the gender to nature's choosing, it is why we don't have buttons on our arms that can change the fate of our lives.

• Children are a gift

People shouldn't be able to because the balance between girl and boy could go off balance. Being a child of god I believe every child is a gift and we should treasure that and every child. I agree with a lot of people on here. How would you even do that as a matter of fact?

• You Shouldn't be able to

There are people out there who would love to have a child and unfortunately can't and then there are others who are lucky enough to be able to have children and yet are still 'picky'about the sex of their child. People should be hoping that their children are healthy, that is the most important thing. Also, it costs alot of money and instead of people spending money on that, they could be saving that money to be able to take their kids to school and other more IMPORTANT things in life.

• You Shouldn't be able to

• Should you really choose your baby's gender?

Why choose the sex of your baby when today’s options aren’t equally effective, affordable or available?
     A single round of PGD can cost nearly $20,000.
     The procedure is invasive and having eggs removed from your ovaries can be painful.
     The fertility drugs you have to take can have uncomfortable side effects such as weight gain, bloating, swelling, and blurred vision.
     As with any IVF pregnancy, you're more likely to have multiple births. According to the latest statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, out of all the infants conceived as a result of IVF (and related procedures involving multiple embryo transfers) about 30 percent were twins.
     About 40 percent of fresh IVF cycles result in a live birth in women younger than 35 years of age, and that percentage goes down as you get older. (Some IVF centers report higher success rates with PGD because abnormal embryos are excluded.)
     You'll need to decide what to do with the embryos of the undesired gender: freeze, destroy, or donate for adoption or research.
     Cost
    IVF cycles typically cost around $7,500, plus at least $2,500 for medications. PGD adds an additional $3,000 to $5,000 to the tab. Check with your medical insurance company – part of the expense may be covered.
     Availability
    Most fertility clinics that provide PGD don't allow it to be used solely for sex selection. You must have a medical reason, such as a family history of genetic diseases or repeat miscarriages, or be over a certain age (usually about 38) to be a good candidate for the procedure.
     You have to have healthy sperm
     Removing eggs from your ovary is very painful.
     Side effects are “weight gain, bloating, swelling, and blurred vision” ( www.babycenter.com )
     Interferes with nature
     Family and Friends may disapprove
     The surprise of the gender is gone
     Most of your money will be going to choosing your baby’s sex

 Cost
     Availability
     You have to have healthy sperm
     Interferes with nature
     Family and Friends may disapprove
     The surprise of the gender is gone

• No it is wrong for people to choose the gender of their child!

Due the fact that each child is a gift from any religious deity. Also in some Asian countries like China the boy girl ratio is out of balance. Hence being a Christian a child is a blessing from God. Sadly some people are in the dark about this and we should take pride in there child.

• Of course they shouldn't!

Having a baby is natural. We shouldn't chose the sex of our babies obviously. Hopefully does know, but if doesn't should know, that life is the best gift that you can get. Everyone should appreciate what they have so there will be an even amount of boy and girls so it is fair.