Should parents be able to decide what their kids can and can't wear?

• Absolutely positively yes

Hi, I'm bobaganooshplatter. I think parents should be able to decide what kids can and can't wear because parents need to show kids how to express themselves without wearing anything inappropriate. Kids love to express themselves through clothes, but some try to be cool by dressing like their friends. Some of their friends are probably dressing inappropriately. I AM BOBAGANOOSHPLATTER AND IM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT PARENTS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE A CHILDS CLOTHES FOR THEM. IM MR. BOBAGANOOSHPLATTER AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

• Yes, parent should be able to decide what their kids can and can't wear.

I agree with the previous poster. We as parents are supposed to guide our children. I think we should set out three outfits for a child to decide on. I also think we should allow them to pick out outfits at the store, but they should be a choice of a few different outfits. Left up to a child, they may buy outfits with gang insignias on it.

• What children wear is a reflection of their parents.

Parents should be able to decide what their kids can and can not wear. If their child walks around in a shirt at the age of 10 with swear words all over it that is going to reflect on the parent, and the parent will be the one in trouble. Parents have a right to keep their kids from wearing something inappropriate.

• To an extent

Parents are meant to guide their children and set rules. If they allow children to decide everything, then what is even the point of the parents? Kids often want to copy more adult fashions which can be a little risque and parents should absolutely set rules for what is and isn't okay and appropriate for certain ages.

• Absolutely not, never

Hi, im bobaganooshplatter. I do not agree with parents having the right to choose what children wear. Children need the right to express who they truly are. Its not fair when you make decisions for your children. The deserve for the 1 piece of freedom while under the age of 18. I AM THE BOBAGANOOSHPLATTER AND IM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT PARENTS SHOULD NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE A CHILDS CLOTHES FOR THEM. IM MR. BOBAGANOOSHPLATTER AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!

• No they shouldn't

Kids should have the right to decide what to wear. Unless it's to protect them from freezing or boiling, I think kids should have the right to decide what to wear as it helps them know what's good for them. I think all people should be able to chose what to wear including kids except for extreme cases. Of course, parents can advise kids what to wear.

• No, they shouldn't.

No, I don't believe that parents should be able to decide what their kids can and can't wear. Kids should be free to choose what they will wear and how they will express themselves through their clothes. Kids need this kind of freedom and sense of individuality to really thrive.

• Kids need to be able to learn through decision-making.

Kids can't go through their entire lives not being able to choose anything for themselves, it makes for indecisiveness and dependence on others. It's important for children to be free to experiment and make mistakes because that's just a part of growing up. Of course, parents can give advice but at the end of the day it's the children's bodies and they should choose what they wear.

• Kids desire on learning

They should wear what they want and suffer the consequence to see how bad that decision was. Then they might appreciate the way their parents would like them to dress. It all depends on the message they get from others but, they must try to see every angle that others may see. It all depends on how they view their self-respect