Should parents be able to physically punish their children?

• Yes it can save their lives

Being abusive and beating your child is wrong but discipline is different. If a child is playing in the street and you tell then not to and they go out and play in the street again then i believe a spanking should be used, then they know not to play in the street as try dont want to be spanked. Sin brings death nothing good can come out of doing somethig dangerous playing in the street touching a burner etc. As a parent you should be able to poit your child in the right direction out if love and caring never punishing your child is worse than punishing them because they will be spoiled and do whatever they want, like playing in th street. Im not talking about spanking your 18 year old in talking about young children. Bringing them up the right way includes discipline. As the Bible says te rod reproveth the way of a child.

• Yes, as a part of loving discipline.

Parents shouldn't use their children as a punching bag to take out their own frustrations, but a loving parent using a swat on the rear end is not abusive. It is a way to get the child to listen and thereby accept the parent's direction. That kind of discipline can save that child from so much more pain and suffering as they grow into adulthood. Parents who believe that any spanking is abuse are morons who will raise their children to be undisciplined monsters who will be a detriment to society.

• Yes, it is a method of discipline.

Yes, parents should be able to physically punish their children, because it is one way to teach lessons. However, this does not mean that I personally would ever use physical punishment. But as long as it does not cross the line into abuse, parents should have the option to use this as a punishment method if they choose.

• That is wrong

That has to hurt so no it is wrong that that happens to the the kids that is no just no why dose it happen to them people do not do that to your kids that not right to do to you kinds people just pls do not do that to your kids.

• That is wrong

• No it's a choice and it is also harmful

Spanking has always been used and I respect others opinions. I was spanked as a child, too. However, I see many negatives in spanking. Spanking can help correct the bad behavior, but it can, obviously, create violence. I believe in non-violence. Children can be taught to fear others. It can hurt a child and even lead to abuse. Parents who opt for spanking may even enhance bullying. There are good alternatives available to spanking and physical discipline, like removing privileges, reasoning, setting a time limit to do things, or have the children sit somewhere without going outside for a certain period of time. If i have kids, I don't want to spank them really; rather have alternatives like these mentioned here. It's also proven to not spank and raise even better kids.

• No, physical punishments accomplish nothing

Hitting a child doesn't teach them anything other than they can solve their problems by hitting things. That's not a mentality we want to encourage in any developing minds. If you can't explain the problem verbally then you're not doing good enough, I get that can be frustrating when the children are too young to understand much but they're not going to get anything out of being struck either.

• No it is harmful.

Physically punishing children is not only physically damaging, it is psychologically damaging and traumatic to children. While a simple slap may seem harmless in the long run, it damages childrens psyche and from experience I know that I am long term damaged from being hit as a child. I think there are much better ways and more positive ways to reinforce children.