• If I knew then what I know now...

I am the mother of a 21 year old autistic individual. We were playing this game before vaccines ever became a controversy. At first I did not buy into the idea at all...But after 15+ years of researching both sides of the controversy, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is a link. My son IS fully vaccinated. I am also fully vaccinated as well. HOWEVER, if I knew then what I know now, I NEVER EVER EVER would have allowed my child to become the equivalent of a lab monkey by injecting him with that liquid hell. People scream "It's been proven there is no link"...FALSE. Several recent studies are showing there IS. Even the chief of the CDC has admitted a link.
    Your child has the CHANCE of getting over Measles.
    Your child has the CHANCE of getting over Mumps.
    Your child has the CHANCE of getting over Rubella.
    My child will NEVER get the chance to get over Autism.
    My son and I, both being fully vaccinated, are far more of a risk as far as spreading diseases go than any unvaccinated child is. I never understood the argument that unvaccinated children will cause vaccinated children to become sick or cause their death. Either your almighty vaccines are going to save your child or they aren't. Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If they are vaccinated, they should have no problems...So stop sticking your nose into others choices. I find it odd that people will scream about THEIR childrens health but they don't give a damn about the many whose lives have been turned upside or lost for "the greater good". Talk about selfish. Talk about reckless. Talk about ungrateful. You should be ashamed of yourselves for picking and choosing which children are given a chance in this life!

• Yes of course

Just because one group of people in the medical community thinks that they should, does not mean that all people should be forced to get vaccinations. I am a firm believer that at no point should you put all of your eggs in one basket. There should always be a segment of the population that does not follow the same conditions, as in the end, how do we really know that these vaccinations might not cause unforeseen problems 10, 20 or 50 years down the road.

Also (and Doctors should know this) real solutions to virus' and bacteria are developed inside of our gene's and passed on to our children. Our ancestors beat Chicken Pox hundreds of years ago with no vaccinations, and today most humans suffer lightly from this virus. North American First Nations is an example where they had no developed tolerance to the virus and Chicken Pox and Measles killed off %90 of First Nations. Vaccinations do not replace this type of learned immunity\tolerance.

Perhaps no one should get a vaccination?

• Last time I checked America was still a free nation.

The government is not responsible for taking care of your children, that's up to you. You make the decisions, not them. The idea of FORCING someone to do something against their will, like buying Obamacare is about as anti-American as it gets. You have every right to refuse vaccinations for your child, especially considering that they contain mercury which causes autism. If the government forces you to have an RDIF chip (mark of the beast) implanted in your arm, would you accept it?

• Parents can choose what goes into their child's body

The government should not be able to force a parent to vaccinate their child. Even if you take religious views out of the question, there are still personal views. I for one did research on each individual vaccine before deciding if the contents of the vaccine, and the disease if prevented, made it worth getting the vaccine or not, my son has had polio and dtap vaccinations, and he will get his MMR vaccine when he is old enough, however vaccines like the chicken pox and flu do not seem worth it in my eyes because we have been beating those diseases for ages. In addition, my family has a history of having bad reactions to vaccinations, one of my younger brothers still suffers the side affects of one, I don't want to put my son at that risk.
    It is the parents right to decide what is healthy for their child. If a parent thinks it is in their child's best interest to get vaccinated, than they should do that, however if they think it is not, than they deserve the ability to refuse vaccination.

• Yes parents should be able to refuse vaccinations.

Think parents should be able to refuse vaccinations. Some parents don't like vaccinations because some parents and people thinks it causes big side effects. Also some parents think the vaccines actually cause what their suppose to stop like how the flu vaccine is suppose to help you from the flu but some people say the flu vaccine actually caused them to get the flu. So a parent should get to decide cause they might think its not safe for their kid.

• I don't want my kids getting paralyzed either

A 9 year old in Florida named marysue grivna got paralyzed from a brain infection that was caused by the flu disease inside the vaccine she was given. Mercury is found in many vaccines and causes autism. Also some people like me get sick from them. We get rashes and have trouble breathing. Liberals always say "my body my choice". Well I'm sorry but I don't want to become paralyzed or for my children to get paralyzed. They shouldn't force their views on us

• Should Be Parents Choice

I believe vaccines have done a great deal to help our society. We have had vaccines long enough that the current generation of parents are fully unaware of the diseases that have been side stepped due to vaccinations. If we do not continue with the vaccinations, these diseases are likely to reoccur. I believe if a parent understands what a vaccine is for and what the consequences of not having one may be, then they should be allowed to refuse vaccines for their child.

• One should be able to refuse a vaccine for himself, but parents should not make their kids suffer because of their ignorance.

Although needlessly suspicious people still refuse to believe it, vaccinations have been proven time and time again to NOT contain harmful substances (other than a small amount of the disease in question, which is necessary to form an immunity though does cause mild symptoms in some cases). The infamous claim that vaccinations contain mercury and cause autism is COMPLETELY FALSE, it has been proven so, and the evidence is published and clear for everyone's viewing. One may choose not to believe in scientific evidence, however there is nothing to believe that is more plausible. The question then arises; "Can it be assumed that someone acting irrationally enough to believe unsubstantiated claims over hard evidence actually knows what is best for his child?" Probably not. Child neglect is an existing phenomenon for a reason, and that reason is that sometimes, parents make poor decisions, such as this one, that affect the well-being of their children, and should not be lawful. If a parent chose to disregard scientific evidence and believe that lobotomies were actually beneficial, would you support that as well? Understand that living in a "free country" does not and should not give one the freedom to endanger the health of a human being that cannot speak for his or herself.

• People should not be able to refuse.

Face it: Diseases like chicken pox and measles are nearly inevitable if kids are not vaccinated. If society has better medical technology than it did in the 1800's, we might as well put our resources to use. This statement might get some opposition if religious views come in, but what percent of people can actually say it is against their religion? Overall, it can be said that laws are passed when people cannot be trusted to care for themselves.

• Vaccines Have No Link To Autism

People read mommy forums and blogs and believe everything. Why not see an actual expert? "Oh if I give my baby organics and not refuse them from getting vaccines, he or she won't get autism." How stupid does that sound.......Vaccines help fight off diseases and if you don't receive them, you're putting yourself as well as others in danger.

JustCheNo says2013-06-30T12:09:18.157
Almost all vaccines contain Thimerosal (Ethylmercury). I'd call that pretty harmful. And the ones that don't contain high concentrations of neurotoxic aluminum that was added to the child immunization schedule when several vaccines containing mercury were removed. Two-month old babies now receive 1,225 mcg of aluminum from their vaccines -- 50 times higher than safety levels! Although the FDA, CDC and World Health Organization are aware of the dangers, they expect parents to play Russian roulette with their children.