Should parents be allowed to physically discipline children despite the scientifically proven psychological harm it does?

• Absolutely no bruises

I do not condone beating children. I don't even condone yelling or shouting at children (unless you need to get their attention before the do something that could cause harm to themselves or others). However, kids need to know the difference between right and wrong. The sooner they learn, the better. Unfortunately for them, they need to learn this as a toddler during their "terrible two's." I say unfortunately because they haven't developed their language to a level that understands reasoning or explanation. Their simple minds need to understand simple terms "yes" and "no." Furthermore, I believe open handed spankings (no weapons) on their bottoms is the best way to get their attention. A spanking should never leave physical bruises. Instead the spankings should leave permanent implant in their minds that there are repercussions to negative behavior or actions. If spankings are properly implemented, most kids should have received their last spanking before preschool.

• Absolutely no bruises

• Absolutely no bruises

• We're crippling them

It’s not our job to toughen our children to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless. - L.N. Knost

We're teaching them it's violence is normal, acceptable if you are low in the hierarchy or weaker. We make them aggressive or self-hating. We are destroying them and heir humanity.