Should parents be held morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children?

• Is this seriously a question?

How could you not WANT to take responsibility? They're YOUR KIDS!? I'm guessing the 60%+ of parents that voted no was because they KNOW they're a crappy parent and would look to video games, TV shows and other social media to blame their kids behaviors on, right? Of course! They're too busy working, on their electronic devices, fighting with their spouse or worrying about something other than their children. I mean, what the hell is Spongebob for anyway!? Other than to babysit! Or, lets give them a hand held device, tablet, iphone, i-something, to keep them quite, preoccupied, and to transform them into evil little monsters that later go into OUR children's schools with guns! What a bunch of arrogant people!

If the 60%+ people that voted no on this website were better parents, we wouldn't even be on this website taking this poll! Get offline and go deal with your kids!

• Parents should be responsible of their action

Parents should be responsible of their child's action ,there where the ones who decided they wanted a child . There the ones who take care of their needs, so why should they not be able to held the responsible of there child's action.Parent should be held responsible of their child's action, they take care of them and can help their child make right decisions .

• yes they should

my father did not support me while i grew up and i really wish he had but i had to struggle and put my best foot forward throughout my life. i now know that he was not able to support me and my brother because he had financial issues but i guess if he wanted to decieve my mother then thats how he wants to be.

• Parents should be held responsible of their children

Parents always say "your under my roof, you do what i want." or anything close to that. If they want to take responsibility to get their children to do chores or whatever, then why can't they take responsibility of their children when they do something wrong? Wouldn't it be the parents fault anyways because they raised the child to believe in their own actions? If not thats just bad parenting.

• I think that parents should be responsible for there kids action.

Parents should be held responsible for there kids because legally parents have to only have feed,cloth and have a place to stay for there child. But being a parent you will take any bullet for your child.So for that being said parents should be held responsible for their kids because say if there child go rob a a bank there going to say well why didn't you know were your child was.So i agree with this fully because your child is your everything and would do anything for them.

• Should parents be held morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children

Should parents be held morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children? No i don't think parents should be held responsible for their kids action cause its the kids brain, and they they do what they want and trying to blend in with their friends and getting in trouble.

• Yes they should

The parents are the main people that are influencing their children so I say yes they should be morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children; but up to a certain limit. The child is taught how to act in public situations by their parents. But I think there is a certain point where the influence of peers is greater than a parent's influence.

• Parents should be held responsible for their children's actions.

I do believe that a parent should be held responsible for their child actions. A child is basically the reflection of their parents. I feel if a child is taught discipline and moral values that a child is less likely to create problems. Those children who do not receive those lessons early in life will less likely follow the rules.

• No they should not

I believe that parents should not be held morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children because parents could teach their children right from wrong all day long. But, it all depends on the environment or community that they stay in. The children might start doing what the other kids doing in school just to become popular. I know that sometimes parents might not use appropriate language or do things that the kids might pick up. But most of the time it's not the parents fault. Kids tend to pick up on things they see or hear.

• No they should not

• They ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT

If a child of yours were to steal something such as a diamond ring, which would be considered theft, or robbery. Now they get caught, as a parent are you responsible for them stealing a ring while they did on their very own free will? Personally I would think this would make a parent angry and disappointed at their child, however most parents will comprehend that in the end, it was their child’s decision to steal that ring.

• Parents should not be held responsible

Most parents raise their children the best that they can. You can teach a child right and wrong, and you can give punishments where you see fit. However, when a child grows up and starts to spread his/her wings, their choices are no longer entirely in control of a parent. You can do the best you can do as a parent, but when the time comes to let go, a parent loses some control.

• No they should'nt be responsible

The reason i say parents shouldn't be held morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children is because when your child grow up to be 18+ you really not responsible for the child.
    If the child is doing something they have no reason doing the police will take the child not the parent......
    They're child should know the difference between wrong and right

• Should parents be held responsible for the actions of their children

Parents should not be held held because kids should be more responsible.They should know there right in wrong some kids do some kids dont. In they old enough to take care of their self. Some kids should no wats right in no wats right in life . They do wrong cause they choose to.

• No they should not

Children should learn to be held accountable for their own actions, and cannot do so if they constantly have a parent there to bail them out. Most of us grow up learning that if things get tough, mom and dad will find a way to bail you out, taking all the pressure off ourselves. This can be truly dangerous, and as a result children can easily become dependent.

• the parents should not be held legally responsiblefortheir childrens actions

the parents should not be held legally responsible for their children's actions because if they always take their responsible for their children's, how can they eligible. They will no have confident by themselves. They could not be reach their goals. If the children were always under control of their parents, the children's can not be stand by themselves. So the parents should not be held their children's legally.

• No parents shouldn't be held responsible for what their kids do

They need to educate their kids to make good choices surely, but you can't be with them every moment of every day to ensure they do. Some of it is just out of your hands. You can only do so much and past that they have to be held responsible for themselves. So no I don't think a parent should held morally and legally responsible for what their child does, as they can't control everything.

• You Can Only Do Your Best

No, parents should not be held morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children because parents can provide stable, loving homes and still have a child get in trouble. Some children are more headstrong than others and as they become teenagers parents have very little true control over their actions. When a teenager makes a conscious decision to do wrong, he does it knowingly and his parents should not be punished for the teenager's decision.

• Parents shouldn't be held responsible

Its the childs decision to commit a crime or offense. While the parent did raise him or her, it is ultimately their decision. If children learn that their parents will be held responsible for what happened, then they will be much more likely to commit another offense in the future.

• They shouldn't be held legally responsible.

Children need to learn to take responsibility from their actions. If the parent takes the consequences, the child learned nothing from their mistake and then in turn will continue to make bad mistakes. A parent can lead a child "to water" but can't make them "drink" so to speak. A parent builds most of the groundwork; however 12-17 year old minors have full control over their actions.

JJohnson4 says2015-02-09T15:57:44.570
No, Because if they did it its on them they parents can't take over there mind they only can tell them from good to bad.