Should parents be held responsible when young people commit crimes?

• Parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

Its a parents responsibility to teach their children integrity and morals. Children learn what is right and wrong through observation of others. So their parents are the predominate role models in a child's life. Its might be true that young people commit crimes can sometimes cause by peer pressure and society but it's a parents job to instill a strong sense of right and wrong so that by the time the children are exposed to the society, their moral compass are secured.

• Aa aa aa

Aa a a aa a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Yes they should

Cause if a parents isn't teaching there kids what to do, the child could result in committing a crime. Children need to be taught more on what they can and cant do, some parents don't even talk to there kids often or even care about them. Usually if this is the case the child goes through hard times and will be more likely to commit a crime. So it should be the parents fault for not teaching there own kids whats wrong.

• I think that parents need to be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

I think that parents need to be held responsible when young
    people commit crimes. I think that
    things would change instantly in this country if parents knew that they would
    be charged with any crimes that their kids committed. Even if parents had to pay restitution for
    damage caused by their kids, things would change.

• Yes. i believe parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

Yes. i believe parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes, but only in certain situations such as negligence. Sometimes kids have a mind of their own regardless of what you teach them. When they make up their mind to do something they are going to do it. You cant hold parents accountable for that all the time.

• Parents Should Be Held Responsible for Youth's Crimes

Yes, parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes. Too often, young people engage in crime as a direct result of their parents not being involved. If these parents are choosing not to take an active part in their children's lives, then they should be punished when those children commit crimes.

• Yes,parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

Yes,parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes.Before a certain age a child just doesn't understand the difference between right and wrong and at that point the parents have to just take responsibility for the wrongdoing until the child is old enough to know what they did is wrong.

• Yes, it is usually bad parenting.

Yes, parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes, because it is often the parenting skills of the parents that led the child to commit the crimes. Parents who are accountable will try harder to teach their children that committing crimes is inappropriate. Young people are too often models of their parents.

• Yes, parents should be responsible when children commit crimes.

Parents should be held responsible when children, who are not at the age of majority, commit crimes. This often shows a failure of leadership and guidance in the household. Although the child should also be punished, it's important for the parents to realize that they have to set boundaries in their homes, and also observe their children, guiding them in the way that they should go. Merely punishing the child is not enough, since the parents are no doubt at least somewhat responsible for the way their child is turning out.

• Parents should NOT have to do the time.

Yes, not all parents are there for their children. Yes, it may result in bad decision making. BUT, we can't blame the parents on what the children do. They need to learn from their mistakes. How are they ever going to learn to do the right thing if they never have to pay? Parents cannot be blamed for this. They did not act on the criminal act, so why should they pay?

• Parents cannot always be blamed

Of course if one`s dad is alcoholic then is is mostly probable that the children will take after their parents.OR it may due to peer pressure . For example a very rich child may go and steal into a supermarket only to show his friends that he or she can steal even though it was not needed.

• Parents cannot always be blamed

• Parents should not be held responsible for their child's crimes.

I believe that parents should not be held responsible because the child should know the difference between the right and wrong thing to do. If i woke up this morning at the age of thirteen years old, and decided i wanted t go commit a crime, how in any way shape or form is that my parents fault. Exactly, its not, so i think that children should take responsibility for thee own actions.

• Yes, it makes sense.

If I do something I don't want to get in trouble. Its my parents fault because the should've told me not to do it. They should've raised me better. They are going to take the blame not me. I'm a minority im under 18 I don't really know what's going on. They are the ones responsible for me.

• No, parents should not be held responsible for their childs crime

The parents should have taught their child the traits of responsibility, at an early age so that they wouldn't encounter problems they couldn't handle on their own. Teens should know enough about responsibility to know that what they do is up to them and only them. Parents cant be there 24/7 to monitor their teens every decision, if they could then and only then would they be responsible for their problems. Teens have their own mind that their parents don't even know about half the time.

• Parents should not be held responsible

Crime is something that is wrong, and all people are brought up learning what 'right' and 'wrong' it; even a young child, such as 7, would know that certain things are 'wrong' and are not supposed to be done. Due to this, how can a parent be held responsible for something that someone else did out of their control?

• Depeneds on how young

I think there is a certain age, and no it is not 18, that it isn't necessary the parents fault. For example, if a young person, say 5 or 6, does something extreme, then yes, I would blame the parents. However, a 16 year old teenager is a different story.