Should parents be held responsible when young people commit crimes?

• Parents are influences on their children

Parents who know what their child is doing and teach their child right from wrong usually don't have their child doing bad things. If you raise a child by showing them that bad actions are okay, then they would learn to think that doing bad things is not a problem and there wouldn't be a consequence.

• Of Course, they should

The kids have spent an eternity with the parents, and learn almost everything from them. An an an an an a an an as f g f g f g f of g f g f g fgfg f g FG f g g g g g g g That was to fill it up.

• Parents should be held responsible

The parents are the ones that raised the kids and if they had done a better job, the child would not have committed a crime. And a child has so many things in life that they can only do during their childhood and those opportunities shouldn't be wasted. Parents should be able to teach kids right from wrong and if they didn't do a good job, then that's when the child makes bad decisions.

• Yes They Should

Since the kids spend like an eternity with them, they are the role models and should teach their children how to behave. The parents may have mistreated the children, or just simply been a bad person and influenced the child. Personally, I think they have a bigger role in it than the crime-commiter.

• Parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

Its a parents responsibility to teach their children integrity and morals. Children learn what is right and wrong through observation of others. So their parents are the predominate role models in a child's life. Its might be true that young people commit crimes can sometimes cause by peer pressure and society but it's a parents job to instill a strong sense of right and wrong so that by the time the children are exposed to the society, their moral compass are secured.

• Aa aa aa

Aa a a aa a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Yes they should

Cause if a parents isn't teaching there kids what to do, the child could result in committing a crime. Children need to be taught more on what they can and cant do, some parents don't even talk to there kids often or even care about them. Usually if this is the case the child goes through hard times and will be more likely to commit a crime. So it should be the parents fault for not teaching there own kids whats wrong.

• I think that parents need to be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

I think that parents need to be held responsible when young
    people commit crimes. I think that
    things would change instantly in this country if parents knew that they would
    be charged with any crimes that their kids committed. Even if parents had to pay restitution for
    damage caused by their kids, things would change.

• Yes. i believe parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes.

Yes. i believe parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes, but only in certain situations such as negligence. Sometimes kids have a mind of their own regardless of what you teach them. When they make up their mind to do something they are going to do it. You cant hold parents accountable for that all the time.

• Parents Should Be Held Responsible for Youth's Crimes

Yes, parents should be held responsible when young people commit crimes. Too often, young people engage in crime as a direct result of their parents not being involved. If these parents are choosing not to take an active part in their children's lives, then they should be punished when those children commit crimes.

• Honest mum of a young offende

Iam a mum to 4 children now ages 23 /20/18 /16 years old my children all work or have finished education with distinctions apart from my youngest one , who causes me stress like i have never felt before . I worry when hes out .I worry when hes home i have days i feeel like walking away from my life and leaving everything behind thats a few thoughs i get now and then but i know i wouldnt ,because i brought him in to the world and i somewhere along the line have stummbled i dont know but at the moment i live with fear of police telling me hes dead from gun or dead from being in stolen cars beind driven up the wrong side of londons A13 at 100 mphwith 4 others all having fun and causing total havoc i do think sometimes its nature v nurture,hes been prison a few times now for all driving offemces bt that didnt do anything to teach him because now its big cars there are joy riding in he nearly lost his life i blame myself everyday not knowing how to try fix it thinking hes in too deepbut as his mum i got to keep trying until ism told ismnot my fauld i promise i hsve done everything in my power to help him but its not enough its causing me so mch pain my hair is fallying out ect , but i know on the street my boy is known so i cant speak out as that would cause whole family problems but i gave birth 2 him so must help him try turn hisl ife a round because but nothing works there is more to this but i need to set up an blog where i can talk without anyone or thing hurting me because i spoke out to save my son i know if i dont do nothing my son wont be withus in a few weeks or months

• Honest mum of a young offender

• No, Children need to know whats the difference between good and bad

If all the parents would start taking the punishment for their kids the up coming generations won't know how to take responsibility for their wrong doings. Children need to know whats good and what's bad, and if they don't get punished for their wrong doings they will keep doing it.

• I Say NOOOO

I say no because, the kid wouldn't know that its bad for them yes some people say that just because their under 18 they are to young but no because they are teens and kids need to learn from their mistakes and to also now right from wrong it also suggest that if there is no punishment there is no punishment at all.

• Parents should NOT have to do the time.

Yes, not all parents are there for their children. Yes, it may result in bad decision making. BUT, we can't blame the parents on what the children do. They need to learn from their mistakes. How are they ever going to learn to do the right thing if they never have to pay? Parents cannot be blamed for this. They did not act on the criminal act, so why should they pay?

• Parents cannot always be blamed

Of course if one`s dad is alcoholic then is is mostly probable that the children will take after their parents.OR it may due to peer pressure . For example a very rich child may go and steal into a supermarket only to show his friends that he or she can steal even though it was not needed.

• Parents cannot always be blamed

• Parents should not be held responsible for their child's crimes.

I believe that parents should not be held responsible because the child should know the difference between the right and wrong thing to do. If i woke up this morning at the age of thirteen years old, and decided i wanted t go commit a crime, how in any way shape or form is that my parents fault. Exactly, its not, so i think that children should take responsibility for thee own actions.