Should parents choose their child's religion?

Asked by: poppy31x
  • Yes they should

If I know Christ is all I need and that I will perish if I don't believe, why should I not want my children to make it to heaven? How will I go about it? Simply by living a life of obedience and let my children see the benefits of Christ. So from birth, I will purpose to retain them in Christ by living right. People look for alternatives when they are dissatisfied with their current relationships. If I train my child right, he will never depart from it-so yes, I will have chosen his religion at birth.

• Of course its fine!

Parents have the right as the mother and father both created the child and the mother carried the baby for 9 months. Whilst growing up the parents provide the best and encourage the best for their child/ children, so what's to stop them from teaching them their religion whilst they are growing up? All parents want is best for their children, they love their children and want them to go to heaven.

• Of course its fine!

• Sure - the kid can change later

Sure - the kid can always change religions later. It is a matter of personal choice. You cannot tell someone what to believe. It is natural though that they will learn a bit from their parents. That is unavoidable as their parents will talk about it around them. They should be open to the kid's choice though

• I actually vote no.

^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm

• Freedom of Choice

It is every single person birthright to have the freedom of choice, and this doesn't mean what clothes we wear or what foods we do or don't eat, this means religion as well. Children should have the choice to choose what ever religion they want, no matter what religion they choose you should still love your child for the choice they have made even if you may be Christian and they choose to be Buddhist, your child will still be the same. Parents should focus on getting their child to be a good moral citizen not a religious devote at a young age, religion can come later in life.

• It's mostly inevitable.

The parents of a child are the child's first and most important teachers. They teach them how to walk and how to get dressed and will go on to teach them what they think will be helpful for the child. All religious parents believe they need to do what God has told them to do and they will go to heaven. The parents will always want their children to end up in the heaven they believe in and will, for that very reason, preach their own religion to their children. They may mention other religions but the phrase "they might be right" will not be used because if they believe that, they simply don't believe in their own religion and no parent will teach their child something they don't believe in (before anybody mentions father christmas and the tooth fairy, that is different). You can't blame parents for choosing the child's initial religion. However, I would say that parents should not be allowed to stop their child researching other religions and should, may be, encourage the child to do so. If the child finds it necessary to leave his parents religion, the parents should not be allowed to stop the child.

• Religion shouldn't be inherited, it should be learned instead

Labelling a young infant as, 'this is a christian child, 'this is a muslim child' when clearly the child him/herself wouldn't know the difference between the two, is to me, kind of a child abuse. Most of the muslim communities force children to believe in what they believe, do what they do, wear what they wear, and this is no place where children's vote even considered. It is Indoctrination.

• If it's Islam than yes

Im from a Christian family I hated being a Christian believing Jesus is god and all that crap the Dietrich Religion ever I'd use it for a floor mat so I converted to Shi'ite Islam and I'm 13 and I love being a Shiite and every thing about it is true if only my family didn't hate Islam

• Cuz I said

I am Trump and I say that kids should be able to pick that religion! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! And that is what it should be like

• Religion is not a legacy for a family your name is

What i meant "legacy for a family" it doesn't meant to be pass down or forced to your children, instead when the children becomes matured and started to understand what's good for them, it is when they should decide which religion they should pledge their faith with. You see this is why religion continues to grow but some of their members aren't even fully committed with their creed. I think there should be a law to prevent children baptism.

• Parents should be able to

It's mostly inevitable. The parents of a child are the child's first and most important teachers. They teach them how to walk and how to get dressed and will go on to teach them what they think will be helpful for the child. All religious parents believe they need to do what God has told them to do and they will go to heaven. The parents will always want their children to end up in the heaven they believe in and will, for that very reason, preach their own religion to their children. They may mention other religions but the phrase "they might be right" will not be used because if they believe that, they simply don't believe in their own religion and no parent will teach their child something they don't believe in (before anybody mentions father christmas and the tooth fairy, that is different). You can't blame parents for choosing the child's initial religion. However, I would say that parents should not be allowed to stop their child researching other religions and should, may be, encourage the child to do so. If the child finds it necessary to leave his parents religion, the parents should not be allowed to stop the child.
    Im just realizing i clicked no instead of yes

• Religion is personal

Every human being should be able to choose their own spiritual connection to the creator in whatever form (religion) they desire. Our country was founded on this premise and our children have the same rights and protections under the constitution as adults. Forcing God down a child's throat will only drive them away from God.

• Parents shouldn't get to force a child to follow a certain religion

A child is to experience everything and not just one religion in order to decide whether e wants to stick to that religion. There may be a personal reason or there may be a physical resin for which the child doesn't want to follow the religion. Children should have he right to decide as it signifies their freedom rights

• Freedom of choice is a right

I'm atheist and if no one else will say it I'll say it. God doesn't exist and is a fake made up being. Also freedom of choice is a given no matter the age of a being even babies too. If the kid is too young to decide then wait till they are old enough to chose for themselves.

• Freedom of choice is a right

• Its their choice

Fair enough if a family is part of a religion they should be taught about it however if a child wishes to be part of another or none at all it is completely fine no child should be told what to believe in. Freedom of religion and personality is very important.