Should parents choose their child's religion?

Asked by: poppy31x
  • Yes they should

If I know Christ is all I need and that I will perish if I don't believe, why should I not want my children to make it to heaven? How will I go about it? Simply by living a life of obedience and let my children see the benefits of Christ. So from birth, I will purpose to retain them in Christ by living right. People look for alternatives when they are dissatisfied with their current relationships. If I train my child right, he will never depart from it-so yes, I will have chosen his religion at birth.

• Of course its fine!

Parents have the right as the mother and father both created the child and the mother carried the baby for 9 months. Whilst growing up the parents provide the best and encourage the best for their child/ children, so what's to stop them from teaching them their religion whilst they are growing up? All parents want is best for their children, they love their children and want them to go to heaven.

• I actually vote no.

^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm ^^down ^Calm ^Calm ^^down ^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^^^calm ^^^^down ^^^calm

• Freedom of Choice

It is every single person birthright to have the freedom of choice, and this doesn't mean what clothes we wear or what foods we do or don't eat, this means religion as well. Children should have the choice to choose what ever religion they want, no matter what religion they choose you should still love your child for the choice they have made even if you may be Christian and they choose to be Buddhist, your child will still be the same. Parents should focus on getting their child to be a good moral citizen not a religious devote at a young age, religion can come later in life.

• It's mostly inevitable.

The parents of a child are the child's first and most important teachers. They teach them how to walk and how to get dressed and will go on to teach them what they think will be helpful for the child. All religious parents believe they need to do what God has told them to do and they will go to heaven. The parents will always want their children to end up in the heaven they believe in and will, for that very reason, preach their own religion to their children. They may mention other religions but the phrase "they might be right" will not be used because if they believe that, they simply don't believe in their own religion and no parent will teach their child something they don't believe in (before anybody mentions father christmas and the tooth fairy, that is different). You can't blame parents for choosing the child's initial religion. However, I would say that parents should not be allowed to stop their child researching other religions and should, may be, encourage the child to do so. If the child finds it necessary to leave his parents religion, the parents should not be allowed to stop the child.

• Of course its fine!

• Sure - the kid can change later

Sure - the kid can always change religions later. It is a matter of personal choice. You cannot tell someone what to believe. It is natural though that they will learn a bit from their parents. That is unavoidable as their parents will talk about it around them. They should be open to the kid's choice though

• Religion shouldn't be inherited, it should be learned instead

Labelling a young infant as, 'this is a christian child, 'this is a muslim child' when clearly the child him/herself wouldn't know the difference between the two, is to me, kind of a child abuse. Most of the muslim communities force children to believe in what they believe, do what they do, wear what they wear, and this is no place where children's vote even considered. It is Indoctrination.

• Cuz I said

I am Trump and I say that kids should be able to pick that religion! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! And that is what it should be like

• Freedom of choice is a right

I'm atheist and if no one else will say it I'll say it. God doesn't exist and is a fake made up being. Also freedom of choice is a given no matter the age of a being even babies too. If the kid is too young to decide then wait till they are old enough to chose for themselves.

• If it's Islam than yes

Im from a Christian family I hated being a Christian believing Jesus is god and all that crap the Dietrich Religion ever I'd use it for a floor mat so I converted to Shi'ite Islam and I'm 13 and I love being a Shiite and every thing about it is true if only my family didn't hate Islam

• Of course not

I'm 13 and I hate going to church to worship Jesus or what ever and I hate taking classes for it too I think kids should choose weather or not they want to have a religion because me I go to church and just do bad things and say bad things in my head about this whole Jesus thing so what's the point of going if you don't like it and not pay attention anyway

• Of course not

• Let Them Decide

Have them do what they want to do. After all, it would be better to go to Nirvana or Heaven in their own religion than Hell in yours, right? If they don't believe, don't punish them for it. Just make the best out of the situation and help them become the best person they can be.

• No why should you??

No because even though the child is young and not ready to make a decision you have to support the child and help them for adult hood so then when they are ready to make there decision they are clear what they have to do and so even though you want your child to be happy and carry on the tradition you need to realise they need to make their own decision

• Let Children be Independent Let Christ guide them

My parents are Catholic and I WAS one but I quit due to the voice of God calling me out of Babylon. I quit and made it official under Jesus' command but my parents said that Jesus didn't tell me to quit. I am sure God did because I felt his presence when he talked to me. Notice how I said his presence. That means his presence and no one not even Satan can copy the presence of Jesus. Still my parents forced me to be Catholic. I was scorned for preffering the Our Father over the Rosary. And of course I refused to pray to any saint or anyone who is not God or Jesus. I could rant about how different my beliefs are but I don't want to. I pray fro anyone having trouble and let God help all.

• Children feel more responsible to it.

When children have the power to choose their own religion, they will feel more interested and joined into it. Would you ever try your best when you believe a religion that you don't want to believe? By choosing the religion that we want, we can have more joy and energy when doing such activities in religious communities.