Should parents consider microchips in children to help locate them if they end up missing? Why or why not? ...Reasoning. .. We microchip our pets.

• We Microchip our pets so we can locathem when they get lost

Every time I hear an Amber alert or hear about a missing child, I can't help but think about this. ... What if that child had one of those little microchips like we put in our pets to help us get our pets back. Why wouldn't that work?
    Idea. ... Implant in the child, in a location that they cannot remove on their own, whilst young, give them the option to have it removed when they turn 18 or move out.
    Another thought is a small bar code tatoo for identification somewhere loke tbe bottom of tbe foot ... For other reasons of i.D.
    I obviously watch too many futuristic tv shows.
    What do you folks think? Seriously please. We have another missing kid here in town. Again. Sad.

• Too invasive !

I think putting microchips in your children is WAY too invasive. Children are not pets and they deserve to be treated as human beings. When you place a chip inside your child there is an automatic assumption that you do not trust them to be on their own. I get that some parents would want this because it could be useful for if their children got lost but, you have to remember as parents that your children will not always be there and they are growing up and they need to become independent some day.