• Absolutely! Fine them!

Many parents want to believe bullying is normal and everyone does it. They don't, its not normal and should never be treated that way. A parent who allows their child to bully other children is st least as responsible for the behavior as the child. Most would rather ignore the problem, even if the problem is that their child feels so much pain they are inflicting it on others to feel better got even a moment and that's just WRONG!

• They are careless

The parents of the bullies deserve to pay because they didn't raise their children properly and they were careless. The family should go to jail if they don't pay the fine so they can learn how it feels to be treated badly. This is their parents should pay the fine.

• Yes they should

I believe it should go more than a fine. It was the first or second offense I find is OK But after that it should be some jail time. I believe one solution is to allow paddling in schools. I grew up in the 70 And if you did something stupid you get your backside beat
    Now you have all these ghetto people that cry yesterday Can I have all these ghetto people that cry in their son or daughter is touched Even if i was down that would be doing the bullying

• Parents should be fined because their kids should see the consequences of acting up.

The kids and the parents should see the consequences, the kids would see that bullying isn't helping them and the parents could see that they need to take care of their kid and parent them better. So the parents should be fined by how big the situation is... Like if the kid that was being bullied committed suicide, the parent should have to pay the fine and also pay some to the family. Those are my thoughts

• Parents are the key to a child's safety.

Often parents have an aggressive approach to things and that teaches the kids that violence is always the approach to things Sometimes parents know what's going on but don't do anything about it. Even though the kids should know better, they aren't mature enough to understand by themselves so you have to sit and explain it to them

• Parents should have to pay a fine because they should have pay for their child's mistakes.

Children make many mistakes and they still don't learn a lesson after they are punished. Someone should have to pay for their mistakes, and not us! If their parents didn't raise them good enough with the value to respect others, they should have to pay for their child. We shouldn't be punished.

• Yes, I believe they should be fined

At the end of the day who do the kids learn there behavior from, there parents. I agree with LiliyanH statement in Monona, Wisconsin they are paying $114 to $177 it is overpriced and what if the parents of the bully are struggling to put food on the table. Also it is the own parents fault by teaching them how to bully. Maybe in some cases the parents didn't know that their kids are a bully but then they never know until the school informs them. By fining them this might help the parents see the kids mistake. I wrote this for a school project......

• Keep your kids under control

There's only so much punishment and rehabilitation a child can go through and sometimes children aren't really responsible for their own actions because they don't have the mental capacity to do so, that's the reason there's a legal boundary between adulthood and childhood. Parents need to be responsible for the actions and behavior of their children.

• Parents Deserve Fine for Bullying

In many cases, parents should be fined or even imprisoned for bullying minors. Cases like these are becoming more and more common, but parents tend to get off without many consequences. Jurisdictions need to find or imprison parents that bully minors to show that it's not tolerated or accepted by any means.

• Parents were not involved

My first reason is that the parents were not involved. They were not even around the time that the bullying happened . They should not be fined for their child's disgusting behaviour . They should not punish the parent, but instead the child should be punished.
    Thank you police listen

• Parents getting fined? NO WAY

Parents do not make their kids decisions for them its their decision. Its also the government not giving ways to help. Why are the parents getting in trouble for their kid bullying if the school can get guide lines from the gov its the government who should take the blame

• Parents getting fined? NO WAY

• The child is the bully.

The child is the bully not the parent so the child should face the consequences and be responsible for there actions. I can't believe people even agree but I definitely do not. P.S this sight is the most helpful about this topic and other topics like all the debates. I

• It's not the parents fault!

Why would you blame and punish parents when it wasn't even them doing the bullying. Especially if the parent didn't know their child was being violent because that way the could have to pay money for something they could have acted on themselves. No, Its much better for people to act on the child instead.

• Parents don't take the fault in their kids actions

Parents try their hardest to raise the kids. I think that the kids would take advantage of the parents because they don't have to waste their own free time on going to a anti-bulling class their parents do! Bullies are rude people who have to pay for their actions .

• Bullies should be held for their own actions. Parents should not have to pay the price for their child's actions.

I disagree with parents being held with a fine for something teenagers are doing. They know better, they are old enough fine the bullies not the parents. You never know, some parents try their hardest to guide their kids in the right path. So do not fine the parents. I also think that the bullies should pay the victims. Not the government.

• How stupid are you people?

Why should the parent be blamed for their child's wrongs, it will only make the child more aggressive towards others, the parent may also become abusive towards their child because the child is making the parents pay for his/her actions. This is not okay, make the children pay in community service, it'll actually teach them something, a large sum of money will not affect the child.

• They should not.

Parents should not get fined for bullying. Sometimes a kid is just bad, no matter how well the parents are parenting the kid. The parents are not the one doing the bullying, and fining the parents will only teach the bully that if they do something wrong, someone else will get in trouble for it.

• What would it solve?

If this question is asking whether or not parents should be fined for their child being a bully, then I really do not see the point. What would this solve? I highly doubt if the bully is aware their parents are being charged for their actions will make much of a difference to them.