Should parents give freedom to their children?

Asked by: ShazaAzher
  • Children needs independence.

Although it is good to discipline your child, letting them have independence is better. Letting them have independence can help them shape into a better person than not. They will have to make their own life decisions and they will learn that it will affect their future. They will know how to take care of themselves and will be better off in the future. If they chose the wrong path, they will realize it and they will fix their life. Scaring them by yelling at them will only make them angrier and continue doing it.

• Yes Yes Yes

Because the spank us because the spank us because the spank us because the spank us because the spank us spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam because the spank us because the spank us because the spank us because the spank us

• Kids need freedom

Kids need freedom because parents boss kids around and kids don't like it one bit so all kids need some freedom, parents can boss us around sometimes but we need to some little bit of freedom or a lot but I say we need freedom so we can have some fun for once

• Kids need freedom

• And what, create a generation of undisciplined, delinquent slackers?

Look, I am 15 at time of writing. Our generation (at least where I live in the UK) comprises mainly of those who prioritise their social lives and friendship over their professional future. Who don't care what grades they get in school - as long they enjoy school life. Parents are a massive factor in how their children will behave in the future - spoil kids and you get pretentious, ungrateful, bratty men-children who throw tantrums when someone doesn't agree with them. Discipline your kids (or specifically, teach them the value of discipline) and they will grow to be hard-working, successful, organised adults who can contribute to the society - no, the earth we all live on.

Children these days (and probably back in the past...) exhibit similar, common patterns of thinking that they are (almost always) right, and disregarding adults' opinion and advice as either patronising, racist, bigoted, oh... The list can extend to infinity.

Being domestically abused by both parents at one point in the past, I in fact feel that my strong sense of diligence and discipline stems from this. I can sympathise with 'justified' child abuse (not sexual, though.) to punish children for failing to understand or reason with speech. Seriously. I am glad that I did not make any friends in elementary/primary school. All I ever did was work on workbooks/textbooks the instant I returned home. Sometimes I would run for fitness. And my efforts showed - I left all those idiots behind to rot in some mediocre secondary/middle school. You don't achieve a successful life by hanging out with friends. Never. Even for those who did, they achieved fame for all the wrong reasons, not because they were clever or hard-working, or thoughtful. I'm talking about Youtubers who do prank channels, that sort. Also charity workers/ambassadors (anyone can support charity. It doesn't make you any more special. In fact why don't you use that charity money to buy yourself university education?)

God, this opinion poll has *triggered* me thoroughly. So to answer your question, I should ask a question back:
    "Depends on how much freedom you give them. Do you want your children to be failures? Useless trash who would be better wiped off the face of the earth?"

Then be my guest.

• It depends on how much freedom.

Absolutely yes, I agree with you that the the children need to be discipline but not too much because it will make them resist your word. They will follow you but not all one because they will adapt it to themselves. I think it is a good choice for half way.

• This Depends On How Much Freedom:

I'm assuming this question means adult freedom. In that case, no they first need to be diciplined. Since kids can not work or do anything at a young age, they can either come out pregnant or commit a crime. Parents are still responsible for their child until they turn eighteen, once 18 that is when a parent can choose to either continue caring for their child or not.