• Parents should give kids allowances.

I think that all parents should give allowance to kids because they still young they cat not earn money by them self. One more thing kids they want to buy something to eat or to play also. It also obligation of parent to pay for kids. So that all parent should give allowance to student regularly.

• Written by: Someone named Anna/Frank/Bill/Joe

Giving children allowances gives children a taste of the real world And that when you do high achieving tasks like vacuum out the car, or clean the entire apartment/house children should get paid for it. Paying children teaches them how to earn money, and weather or not something is worth buying or not.

• I think we need and allowance!

Yes i think so because it would teach us money management and so we don't have to come begging for money to our parents. It would be good for us kids to get one. So i hope you parents think about it and give your kids an allowance. Thank you!

• I think we need and allowance!

• No Pats on the Back!

First off what is allowance?
    Allowance is what kids of around the ages 6 to 17 years of age should be able to earn as a reward for doing chores around the house, or outside, like taking care of a pet, or raking leaves, putting away toys, mowing the lawn etc.
    Kids do chores for what? A pat on the back, and a "Good job sport!"? Parents are always telling kids to get a job when they ask for money, well for younger kids who aren't old enough to get a job, it's like a job!
    And what do you get when you have a job? Easy! Money! Whether it be a few dollars, like loonies, or toonies, or even a twenty dollar bill! Giving kids money will encourage them to do more work around the house, which will help them be more organized in the future, and if they're encouraged enough they'll start to do chores without being asked!
    If you don't pay them, they'll get lazy, and will complain and hesitate to do housework, and that can be a pain in the neck.
    Children need, and deserve to be rewarded for their hard work!
    "We don't have any money to pay you right now!" Your parents may say, but the solution is easy, wait the extra time, or don't get your full pay yet and wait for the rest. As long as you pay them for their efforts.

• Give them an allowence

Kids deserve the right to having an allowence. If you want you can make them do some chores to get it, but they need some extra cash. Ecspecially pre-teens and teenagers. They are always going to do things with their friends and they are going to need some money when they are doing that.

• Teaching responsibility with chores and an allowance

If you give you child a regular allowance every month will only be teaching kids to rely on their parents; however giving children allowance for doing work around the house and in the yard will teach them responsibility. If
    you can give your kid a list of chores to do around the house and yard (cleaning their room, washing windows, doing the dishes, mowing the lawn, ect.) . Give your kid a choice, they can do the chore on their own, or they can put it off until they have to be told. If they do it on their own you add more money to their allowance, if you have to tell them to do the chores than they get no money. This will teach them responsibility
    by giving an allowance will also tech money management and budgeting.

• Yes kids should get allowance

They should get allowance so they know that their parents are proud of them and it is like a reward for their good work but kids should not get allowance if they are not doing good. It would make them feel realy good about themselves. So they should get allowance.

• Parents should be able to give their kids an allowance

Parents should be able to give their kids an allowance if it is something they feel will benefit their child. Some children who receive an allowance learn to earn, save, and donate with the money and begin to understand the connection between what they have to do to earn the reward. Other children will find lessons on making a budget and balancing a checkbook and savings account. So much potential to learn when a child gets an allowance.

• Children deserve an allowance

Why would parents NOT give their children an allowance when kids are willing to help in the house? Children learn how to make a budget and spend accordingly. Also, giving an allowance benefits the parents from doing less work and the children learn how to be responsible and self-reliable. Yeah!

• Kids are so spoiled

I work and do chores for the roof over my head and my food . Parents are not "obligated" to pay their children money. It's the children that owe them, not the other way around. It doesn't "teach responsibility", it teaches reliance on the parents. If they want money, they can go work for the neighbors or something.

• Allowances Teach Spending

So let's cut a bit of the crap here and realize most people are not that great with money. I'm not talking kids here, I'm talking adults. Very little have a strong hold of their investment portfolios, savings, etc.. So they leave it up to the banks to do it for them. The most common thing people understand about money is that you have to work somewhere to get it and when they spend it, its gone. People know this because its so simple, its intuitive. In fact, you never need to be taught that, you can figure it out without ever touching money.

Taking this into account, what does a kid learn from an allowance? If I do chores for mommy and daddy, I will get money that I can either save to buy something big or spend right now on something small. That's it... They aren't worried about diversified portfolios, high yield bonds, low risk investments, mortgage calculations... No, they are learning that if you have money, you can decide what to spend it on, something they could of learned without the allowance.

As a kid, I did not receive an allowance. I did chores around the house because I had to help out my family, it was a minimum requirement for being a decent human being. I learned that, as a kid, I was highly dependent on my parents and needed to ask them to buy me things. I respected them because I knew I needed them and they did so much for me. When I did receive money as gifts on my birthday, I would decide to save it until next year or spend it. Yes... I had only one day of the year to make purchasing decisions. The rest of my time was spent on development, learning, play, etc... Spending was so far of my radar that to this day I rarely even think about purchasing things until I actually need it. I have a ridiculous amount of savings that I can actually do stuff with without much consequence. I'm playing around with GICS, put some out in stocks, got myself a TFSA. I'm learning true money management because my life does not revolve around spending money! Another thing I learned is that you don't get paid for everything you work for. In fact, you get paid for barely anything at all. You can only make money if you create substantial value for someone else.

This is anecdotal yes, but it seems logical to me.

• Kids may become independent with out allowance

Kids might use allowance for dumb things and then the parents might lose money. Kids will learn how to get money independently and when there older they will not need there parents support theme. And kids may be greedy. 25 percent of kids buy drugs with there allowance. 75 percent of kids get allowance without working

• No allowance for kids

Kids should not get allowance just for doing the things that should be doing in the first place. If a child is living in the parents house and not paying rent or paying for their own supplies then they definitely should not be payed for helping out around the house!

• Nope it sucks

Vuuuuugg gyy g 9 b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b bb b b b b bb b b b b bb b b b b bb b b b bb b b b b bb b b b b bb b

• Kids should not get Allowance

• Kids should learn how to be responsible and learn how to earn money

If kids do work so they can get an allowance they will be able to grow mentally and physically. If kids get a weekly or monthly allowance they will also start to have better behavior because they know they can get what they want with good behavior. Kids should work for allowance.

• No allowance should be administered

I wasn't given an allowance and i was a very responsible child when i was 8 i saved up to almost $400 from birthday and Christmas money children should do what they are told to do with no reward expected in school when you make an A do you get paid no its a child's responsiblity to do that i don't think its fair for me to take money from my check and give some of it to a child that doesn't know the value of a dollar.

• The parents already give all their money to the kid anyway they should help without being told or being told if they do it= money

Get a job earn some money get off ur butts and stop having tickle fights and pillow wars its the real world not a cartoon where they get money for saying please and thank u take an active role in ur future $2 can buy me a stinkin water and hand cream bruh