Should parents have access to their children's Facebook?

• Parents having access to their children's Facebook.

I personally think that parents should have access to their children's Facebook because crazy things go on especially on the Internet. I personally think that parents should have access to their children's Facebook because you would want to protect what is going on with your child as well as the child's safety.

• There is a line between keeping kids safe and outright spying on them.

Parents do not need access to their child's Facebook account unless an extreme situation warrants it. If a child is suspected of doing drugs or drinking or anything of the sort, then and only then can a parent demand access to any accounts that belong to their child. If a parent for any other reason demands access to a child's accounts, then that child has every right to deny them it. Kids keep passwords on their accounts for a reason. I for one have one for the express purpose of keeping my nosy parents from snooping in my personal files that are, quite frankly, none of their business.

• Kids should have some privacy.

Kids should have some privacy. No kid wants to have an over protective parent I think that is ridiculous. Parents should check it occasionally to be sure of no child molester. I only have 16 more words left so here we go I think parents are over protective and need to lay off.

• Parents should not have access to their children's Facebook.

Parents should not have access to their children's Facebook. While parents play a very important role in their children's lives, they should not infringe upon their children's private lives. Private lives are meant to stay private, and if your Facebook is on private, it is on that way for a reason, and that should be respected.