Should parents have the choice to abort their child?

• Yes, They should.

My argument is not to say that abortion is in any way my choice, for I am a male, but to offer some situations. Think about this, it's a rather popular argument: What if it were rape? What would come of something if you walked to an abortion clinic, and asked for one, after discovering you were pregnant after a rape, and the doctor said "No."? While I believe that, yes, keep your child! If you have the ability to do it, go for it! If its not yours, or you can't keep up with payments or other responsibilities, why not abort it? This is something I'm very lit up about. Why should a child have to suffer over something? It doesn't know it's gone when it happens; it doesn't know it's alive.

• Choice is moral to a point

Whilst many abortions are simply performed for convenience, most are done because either the mother knows the grown child will have a life worse than death, it was conceived from rape, or the mother's life is endangered. This is not as cut and dry as pro- lifers make it out to be and should not be treated as such; every situation is completely different. A normal abortion, one done out of pure convenience, should be legal within the first trimester, as most are. An abortion done to a rape- conceived fetus, or one that, if born, could cause non- lethal damage, should be able to be done within the first and second trimester. If a fetus being born is a matter of the mother's life, the abortion should be legal at any time until birth.

• Be responsible humans!

Having six is human nature, but many other not acceptable things are too. Not that having it is bad, but everything has a time and age. If you think you can handle the risk of it then feel free, but if you can't handle being pregnant then no, don't do it people make "mistakes thinking their in "love" but as soon as they get thrusted into reality six is for babies, then they can't cope with it and because of that you are killing someone. Be a responsible human being, if you are over 18 and it was your decision for whatever reason then you told your body to have that baby. You can't have beef without killing the cow.

• Yes they should

Women are entitled to there opinion and abortion should be the women's choice. Also if someone was raped then they probably do not want to keep there child. So why should they have to? They shouldn't! Abortion is something I wouldn't do but it should be a women's choice if that's what she wants to do!!

• Yes up to a point

I do believe that abortion should be an option for all people up to a certain point. There should be a clear stage in development when abortion is no longer allowed. Killing a human is wrong and there is a point in development when a fetus becomes a full human.

• Abortion is a Choice

Abortion is a choice that a woman ultimately can make with her body. If the timing of the pregnancy isn't right or they can't afford an abortion, then by all means, get a legal abortion. Conservatives want to ban abortions because they want women to raise future taxpayers, even though these same women may have to go on welfare to do so. Liberals, rightfully so, think Americans have the freedom to choose their own destiny. Yes, abortion destroys a life, there is no doubting that. But it's not our job to play God with that life when the baby belongs to another family.

• Abortion Is Personal

I believe people should have the right to make their own decision about abortion. I personally would never chose abortion as an option, but there are many people who would and they should have the right to make that decision. I think it is wrong to turn abortion into a political issue and I think it is wrong for people to force their opinions and views on others.

• Yes, they should.

Women must be able to control their bodies and what goes on in their bodies. If they don't feel like they want to continue a pregnancy, for whatever reason, then it is their choice if they wish to terminate the pregnancy, just like everyone gets to choose if they want to donate the use of other organs like kidneys to a person who needs it to survive.

• Be responsible humans!

• Abortion is wrong in that it shortcuts the numerous families that want to adopt.

Since the inception of adoption agencies, the number of couples that want to adopt has outnumbered the number of babies that are available. Adoption should be increased in the way of funding, not abortion. Even though an abortion may have some legal standing, it is not the best moral choice, as adoption is much more moral.

• No they should not

Abortion is murder. If parents are allowed to murder their children then all the other murderers should be set free or at the very least get a reduction on their sentences. I do not think anyone should have the right to kill a baby, its no more right than killing the mother.

• Knowing from experience.

I had an abortion because of my situation, going through a divorce with an abusive man who messed up his brain with drugs, already having two children with him plus a stepchild who needs me more than anything. If I were to have carried this child to term, I would have missed too much work to be a fit mother. I can't rely on child support checks because not only is my X in rehab (so he's not working), but he's never paid a dime of child support to begin with. I felt desperate with so much going on in the world and even considered adoption, What? Why don't I give up on my other kids and put them ALL in an orphanage while I'm at it? I still would have missed a lot of work just to have the cesarean, plus the cost of a whole new wardrobe of maternity wear, which all just felt overwhelming. I can't believe that this has become the decision I have made. I had so much love for this child that was growing in my stomach, but I didn't want to end up in a homeless shelter with it. I was pro-choice before believing "her body, her choice," but I honestly feel like what I have done was the most horrible thing I have ever done. I killed my child before it was even born. I can give as many excuses as I want as to why, but it will never change what happened. There was a life, not my own, and I ended it. I have to face every day for the rest of my life knowing that I told a doctor to suck my baby out with a vacuum hose. I dream every night about the sounds in the room, the taste of rubbing alcohol and death running through the back of my throat, the clear tube that carried my child from my womb into a box to be thrown away in the trash. I cry every day. I know it was wrong, because I went through it. Nobody should die that way.

• Abortion is murder

When its okay to murder--then it will be okay to abort. A child while still in their mother is still a child. They have unique DNA, personality, temperament and physical traits that are neither the mother's nor the fathers. Their hearts beat, legs kick, little fingers and toes begin to wiggle and they even have little fingernails!