Should parents have the right to decide their child's future?

• Children need to do what their parents want

I have a young boy who I want to carry on the family business but he doesn't want to. If he doesn't run the store once I'm dead who will? If I hire someone else it won't be a family store anymore. I also am raising my boy so I should decide to what he does.

• Parents reserve the rights to decide for their children

I dont think that parents have rights to decide for their children. It has never absolutely helped a child in his life. Children are bound to follow what their parents say but sometimes this may upset the child and also feel that he has not been given any opportunity to represent him/her self. They may also feel dejected. A child has all the rights to take decisions for himself and make his own way to live life.

• Oh hell no

No nigga no no nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nono nigga nov

• Oh hell no

• No, I was a victim

My parents decided to choose my career when I grow up. They forced me to take a job as a banker, while I loved arts. I pleaded for years and years, but they wouldn't listen. In the end, i had a fight with them and moved away, I even suffer from depression and feel suicidal when i grow up. Pls think twice don't let ur child end up like me! :(

• Its the child's life

The child knows best for what he/she is best at. Parents sometimes force children to do things that is not suited for them. The parents chose their life and so should the child. The child should once in a while ask for suggestions, but parents can't force their children into doing things they want.

• No, they shouldn't.

It's the kid's life. You don't want them to blame you for ruining their life, now do you, parent? You had your own life. You should' e done what you wanted for your child yourself! All you have to do is teach them how to take right decisions, BUT NOT DECIDE FOR THEM. Let them know what kind of troubles they will face, BUT DO NOT SCARE JUST SO THEY CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT. It just isn't fair. They weren't born to be controlled, they were born to 'live'.

• They should not.

Parents should not have the right to decide their child's future. Parents have chosen their path in life, and should let their kids choose for themselves. Kids are their own person, and deserve the right to choose whatever path and career they want to do because they are the ones who are stuck with it.

• Children should be able to choose their own future

I support this because the decision of the parents might affect the children/ might be too hard for the children to cope with. But I still think it is all right for parents to help. Different children have their own different skills and know what they can and can't do. Parents might push their children to far and bad effects may happen.

Posted by: Fiona yr6