Should parents have to have their children vaccinated?

• It keeps children and other people healthy.

Diseases such as whooping cough and chickenpox no longer exist because most people are vaccinated against them. Therefore, in order to keep these diseases (which actually used to be extremely dangerous) from existing in the world, we must vaccinate future generations. Plus, do you really want to have to keep your child away from classmates and relatives when they get sick?

• Vaccination should be mandatory

The government shouldn't interfere....Unless lives are at stake. Vaccines have eradicated deadly diseases like smallpox and polio, and prevent things like cancers everyday. For these vaccines to continue saving lives, the entire population needs to be vaccinated. The risks associated with vaccines are minute, and vastly outweighed by your chances of getting say, hepatitis, if people aren't vaccinated.

• Vaccination should be mandatory

Children should be vaccinated as a matter of course, except in the very rare circumstance of a legitimate medical risk, which is almost non-existent. Any anti-vaxxers my feel free to challenge me to a formal debate on this issue if they would like to try to convince me of their unqualified position.

• Yes, parents should have to have their children vaccinated.

Yes, parents should be required to get their children vaccinated. Vaccinations can prevent measles and whooping cough, which have so a re-emergence in the U.S. Also without vaccines children can be denied entrance to some schools. Last but not least it's not fair to put others at risk for diseases.

• The Pro-Vax public is putting faith into the idea that the government and vaccine manufacturers put our best interest first.

This is an asinine statement to believe. Government clearly has its own interests. Big business goes by bottom line. Why do people continue to use adages like 'follow the money', and 'power corrupts' but REFUSE to apply them in situations like these? The reason forced vaccination is an ABOMINABLE idea is because IF the government ever became corrupt (isn't it?), then the corrupt government would have a lawful means of delivering us any type of drug or chemical it wants to, simply by calling it a vaccine.

• To vaccinate is a decision only a parent has the right to make.

My daughter received her 12 month vaccines and suffered a stroke 3 shortly after. She lost her speech, physical ability and became trapped inside her own little world. It has taken over 2 years to slowly get her back to almost 50% of what she was before vaccines. Choosing to vaccinate should be a parents choice only! The government did not give birth to your child and does not own them so they need to butt out. I personally would love to see what would happen if vaccines suddenly stopped. With the vaccine industry being a big business, it feels more like a money issue than a child health issue. My sweet little angel is forever changed now and I am the one holding her tight when she is having seizures, night terrors or other trauma induced issues, not the doctors or government. She will never be vaccinated again and I will continue to be vocal on this issue since she cannot speak for herself.

• Vaccines Should Not Be Required

Parents should have the right to chose whether they want to vaccinate their child or not. With that said, parents should also be required to attend education about the benefits of vaccines and how they have helped wipe out entire, serious diseases in the past. This education should cover the history and side effects of vaccines as well.